Had to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to share!

I finally got an electric guitar! Other guys get a sports car midlife, I got a guitar. So yes, it's an Epiphone, not a Gibson but the Gibson is definitely out of my price range. I'm putting a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. The amp is a Marshall 1 watt tube. Sounds so much better than solid state. Great for home practice (I even have to turn it down to low power). The distortion is so warm.

I've wanted a black Les Paul ever since I heard John Sykes on the 1987 Whitesnake album when I was 11 years old. Finally got it! This is literally the nicest thing I've ever owned!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210828_173232__01-01_compress44.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	202051
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Congrats man! Too bad you are so short!

Comment

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx Tin Man ! I'm so psyched about my guitar! Your sentiment makes me even more so! I'm changing out the humbuckers now. This is a first for me. I found an adapter from Scrinia Engineering, so no soldering...I just have to get the wiring right. Kids and wife are on their phones...I got my guitar, my cats, and beer. Life is good right now lol

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I got the 60 cycle hum part and I understand the buckers part. I am assuming that the humbucker is an aftermarket filter for reducing or eliminating 60 cycle hum. Doing it to upgrade or to replace a defective filter?

Soldering is not bad but no soldering is even better.

Congrats on finding your adapter.

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Tin Man Very astute! Humbucking pickups use two out-of-phase coils to cancel the interference that is picked up by single-coil pickups and emitted as 'hum'. I'm upgrading the stock pickups that came on this guitar

Maybe you can post a eternium video with your guitar as the background music.

Comment

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      davidz Thanks man I'm flattered! But I'm not sure which is worse... My Eternium gameplay or my guitar playing lol

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah go arawn we wanr ro ear you playing ?

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Turgeon I think you overestimate my ability lol. However, this is what I WOULD play like if I could (Sykes' solo starts at about 3 minutes in with the tremelo picking): https://youtu.be/PZ3r6T1eaCA

both will be great! The TL music is pretty cool

Comment

Congrats on that sweet axe. It'll be a nice break from hacking and slashing monsters.

Comment

• Arawn
        Arawn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks RockDoc ! I spend all day at work wishing I was at home so I could play guitar lol
    Working...
    X