Eternium Music - Latest Spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    And there was me thinking Evolution of Evil, S01E05 -'Mussolini: The Father of Fascism' had used Tin Man as the music director. Lot's of similar music right up until 13:42 when bam, there it is. It's then used liberally throughout the remaining 20 mins.

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    I just wonder if any of these poor suckers are or ever have been players of Eternium and ended up unconsciously using the music because it was permanently ingrained in the head.

• WarriorSeven
    replied
    I often wonder(ed) if this motif that Eternium uses was ever heard by Ramin Djawadi (score composer for Game of Thrones) as a public license piece and then bastardized by him for use on the HBO series.

To me, there are haunting themes and rhythms of one that reminds me of the other.

Leave a comment:

• Bali_Lenni
    commented on 's reply
    Back in Europe it was the Commodore 64 - in the first year or so after release it was still cassettes before they switched to floppy.
    Frogger, Donkey Kong, Pitstop, Galaxian, Scramble and top favourites Aztec Challenge and Summer Games ( first time ever surfing made it into a video game ?)......Das schwarze Auge ( The Black eye ?) was one of the first RPGs that had us awed...though that may have been windows already....

....like it was just yesterday :-)

• Tin Man
    replied
    So, the latest sighting is Kriegsschiffe - Tod auf See S01E01 - L'eveil des geants at 14:27.

THERE IS NO ESCAPING IT!

Leave a comment:

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    I actually did think that that might be it :-/

Well, that didn’t work. Let’s try another :-)

Hmmmm…. ;-(

:-p

D’oh!

Well, as the saying sort of goes, I can see through a brick wall if you give me enough time. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tolimar; 06-04-2022, 04:24 PM.

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    Tolimar Sigh, after all this talk about the old days and you have not yet added 2+2?

I manually type the faces old school but without the "-". So, a ";" plus a ")" equals a . The input is case-sensitive so that ":" plus "P" equals :P while ":" plus "p" equals .

So, if you can remember any of the old-school keystrokes, then you can probably make them work.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 06-04-2022, 07:47 PM.

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    OK, lesson time. How are you getting those emojis in your posts? Every time I try to use one, it gets replaced by a question mark. The other day I was talking about an impossible Trial in which as soon as I pressed Start, I died. I wrote Start = Death and tried to insert a skull emoji. OK, the skull emoji came up again, let’s see what happens: Start = Death ?

See, no skull, replaced by ?

Let’s try something else????

Tried 4 emojis, got 4 ? To which my reply is ?
    Last edited by Tolimar; 06-04-2022, 03:34 PM.

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, why do all those skellies and zombies always sound like some poor old geezer hacking his lungs out!? LOL.

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    You had food and drink during those 48 hours with no sleep!? LOL.

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, exactly right, that boost from 256 to 512k took 32 of those little 8k “coffee table” chips. I was just trying to point out the absurdity, looking back from now to then, of what one had to go through for what we thought at the time were such amazing technological achievements. And you nailed it again about the size of those hard drives. My 1990 Mac Classic had a whopping 40MB! My next Mac, the IIsi, came with 1MB of on-board RAM. It cost me $600.00 to bump it up to 17MB (4x4 $150.00 4MB SIMMs). That always got a chuckle, that weird 17MB of RAM.

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    I turned off all sound for the app years ago. IT JUST WONT GO AWAY!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Hairball
    replied
    This music/sound is one spect of Eternium that I am in total ignorance of … I have always turned my ipad sound off … I have absolutely no idea …

I think this started years ago because I couldnt stand that various grunts and yelps that the characters made … and I preferred playing my own music anyway …

each to their own I suppose .. does anyone else do this ?

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    Tolimar Werdna was one of the creators' names spelled backward.

I still remember the answer that you had to give in order to finish The Knight of Diamonds. Alas, I never actually finished Legacy of Llylgamyn, as I stare at the disks. Time to boot up the 80286?

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    Sigh… (A tear rolls down Tolimar’s cheek as he remembers his first incarnation in the gaming world, Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord). I missed the early days of Apple computers. While I was using that dual floppy IBM, rumors were circulating that a lab “down the hall” had a computer that could put an entire thesis on one of those new 3.5 inch “floppy” discs. My first computer that I bought and paid for was a Mac Classic, then a IIsi, and over the years just about any and every computer Apple made. But in my days at Circuit City (RIP, dear friend), we decided to all play a new game that was coming out, EverQuest. So I bought an open box NEC with a 17” monitor and a US Robotics external modem. (EQ was ported to Mac, but it was a half-hearted attempt at best, poorly supported, and nowhere near as diverse as the PC version). I played EQ long after everyone I started with had moved on. It remains to this day my favorite RPG. Light bulb! I’ve been trying to remember the name of the Boss at the end of Proving Grounds and it just popped - Werdna! I may have the spelling wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s it. Well, enough reminiscing, any more and everyone will know how old we really are (now where did I put that last Social Security check?). WS tomorrow? We’ll see… Peace, my friends.
Working...
X