¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

¡Viva Mexico! Feliz Cinco de Mayo, mis amigos.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
    ¡Viva Mexico! Feliz Cinco de Mayo, mis amigos.
    Are you from Mexico? I didn't realize Mexicans actually celebrated Cinco de Mayo. My birthday is actually May 5th and Mexican food is my favorite food, so I can never go out to eat on my birthday because all the Mexican restaurants are packed with Americans "celebrating" Cinco de Mayo...
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      No, Arawn, I'm from the northeast USA, but lived in Texas for over three years and made many friends from Mexico who subsequently moved there. I learned all about an ancient culture and true, authentic Mexican cuisine (besides the "lesser" TexMex) and now love it beyond compare.

This was a heartfelt shout-out to my amigos on their very important holiday.

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      WarriorSeven Ah! Shows you how ignorant I am! I didn't know Mexican people celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Well that's cool that you lived in Texas

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      It is true that the holiday is celebrated "more" in the US (by Americans and ex-pat Mexicans) than in Mexico. Mexican Independence Day is a far bigger celebration in Mexico. So, the shout-out was really for my ex-pat friends living in Texas.
Working...
X