Cannot Complete 'Into The Crucible'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Complete 'Into The Crucible'

I read a forum post about this but not sure which post it was. Did not realise it was this quest. Elban took me by surprise before the other 250 were taken out. This is a major flaw in the gameplay:
    • No quest prior has had requirements to order unless it was behind 'You don't know what comes next'.
    • Nowhere does Alarion specify Elban must come after the 250. It is just listed: Go to ~Crucible~, Slay 250..., Slay Elban. Order is not specified.
    As I have done a reasonable job of timing event clock, gameplay clock, and real life so I can get to a certain hero point I am now feeling rather stressed about this game. This is not the purpose of gaming. I am now locked in a position where I cannot complete the quest.

At the very minimum Alarion needs to specify the order of events if it will halt forward progress. Optimally Elban needs to be behind a gate/force field which will not open until the 250 have been slayed.

HOW do I progress now?

Whenever you have a situation where you can not complete a quest because you did the steps out of order?

Just run the story level again to finish the remaining objectives.

Just a side note:

There is no real reason to go so deep into the story levels during ANBs unless 1) You are trying to unlock all the Daily Quests or 2) You are running for Act IV to farm a specific story level for gold like 4-43.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 12-25-2022, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
      There is no real reason to go so deep into the story levels during ANBs unless 1) You are trying to unlock all the Daily Quests or 2) You are running for Act IV to farm a specific story level for gold like 4-43.
      Or to build up character for Trial completion.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, for most players especially during a six-hour Gold ANB, running story levels to build up a hero for completing trials is a waste of precious Event Timer.

The set armor from the quests is okay for TL 60 or TL 70 but the Custom Epic Ephemeral Item boxes are superior as long as you have at least three recipes unlocked to craft three of the nine items you can make with the boxes to round out your gear.

Books of Learning are nice to get but you also get them from TL90ish+.

Once you clear hero level 70? Getting to TL 90+ to farm is not a big challenge, again, as long as you have those three precious recipes unlocked, preferably weapons. Gets dicey when you do not have all nine Set/Unique pieces.

Yes, not having the 200 Glory from the Steam offer also factors in.

Still, going deep into story levels for hero building for running trials is a bad idea for most players.

Guess that also depends on how long you've been playing Eternium and if you've spent a lot of RL$. A noob with no gems and no stock of other things... Story gave me most of Scout set.

Comment

That's where I got the scout gear from too raven and then beefed if up with ephemeral items. Many a time I have done the route in the wrong order and after a bit of cursing lol went back and repeated. Elban is nasty at the best of times make sure you have movement on your boots and pants and run Forrest run ?

Comment

Working...
        X