Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master league - too soon?

Hello,

I started this game some weeks ago and was planning to stay in veteran league after readout some messages herein order to grow and gain medals.

I had stopped at trial 119 during the past Silver league, however I see I’m now on master league for the next Gold league. Is it because I passed trial 120 with my other hero outside the ANB?

now I feel it’s too soon for me to be in Gold league and I will not be able to earn enough medals anymore to get strong enough.

Any advice if I should maybe restart the game from scratch?

thanks.

Yes, your league for ANB is set by your highest trial level cleared by ANY hero whether that hero is ANB or non-ANB.

What you do with that information is your call.

Comment

Reading through this thread: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...uld-you-change a lot of people are suggesting to eliminate medals all together as they provide a false sense of power to those that are new to the game. To my understanding, there is diminishing returns that kicks in and makes the "power gain" very insignificant.

What I'm trying to suggest is that I don't think it's worth basing your entire game play on advancement around the medal count. It seems as though level 77 celestial gear is the way to go and the medals are just public bragging rights in a sense

I hope this helps you!

Comment

Ultimately it's your choice as to whether to restart or to continue, my personal opinion is to plough on ahead with your existing account.

There's no denying that medals have a big impact in the early stages during an ANB event, but by the time your character hits level 70 the difference in damage / attack speed / defence has narrowed significantly. When you add in a decent haul of Champion Levels (1400ish) and full legendary gear then the advantages from medals become obsolete due to built in diminishing returns on stats.

If you were to hang around in a lower league never progressing beyond TL119 until you had a bunch of of Power / Crit Rating / Crit Damage medals, then you'll be in for a big shock when eventually progressing to a higher league and attempting higher level trials. The reason players at the top of the Master League have a lot of medals is because they are able to run higher levels by avoiding taking damage and timing their own attacks for maximum advantage, rather than they can only run those levels due to historic medals being awarded. Sticking around in a lower league for too long creates the very real possibility of developing bad habits in running Trials and then having to re-learn how to run them in a way that you can survive above TL130. The more you get to practice in Trials where taking hits and timing attacks becomes important, the better player you'll become and the better placements you'll get in the events.

At the risk of sounding arrogant (and I really hope that's not the case), it's because I've been running Trials in the high 150 to low 160 range for some years that I find anything from TL158 and lower relatively trivial (and I know that is definitely not the case for the vast majority). It's all from the experience of learning to survive and dodge (on ranged classes at least) at those highest trials that you learn the skills to then succeed in pushing Trials in ANB events - I've had top 50 / 25 finishes in exp farming gear, or no medals whatsoever. Additionally, time management and build becomes much more important in ANB when you know you need to leave a set amount of time to push.

Anyhoo, that's just my opinion, and it really is up to you how you want to progress and most importantly what is going to give you the most enjoyment in the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic View Post
          Hello,

I started this game some weeks ago and was planning to stay in veteran league after readout some messages herein order to grow and gain medals.

I had stopped at trial 119 during the past Silver league, however I see I’m now on master league for the next Gold league. Is it because I passed trial 120 with my other hero outside the ANB?

now I feel it’s too soon for me to be in Gold league and I will not be able to earn enough medals anymore to get strong enough.

Any advice if I should maybe restart the game from scratch?

thanks.
          I too started this game just a few weeks ago, and have pushed quite hard to move forward through the trial levels, am beginning to wonder if I should create a secondary account and new hero to take advantage of the lower level perks in the ANB segment, so far, I am just enjoying the game and trying to learn more every day
          ZOCU NIWI SULA 0935

Just trying to get my daily CRIT fix...

Comment

Working...
          X