Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlinking Your Account Warning - Your leaderboard entries will be removed if you unlink your account, including the ANB leaderboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlinking Your Account Warning - Your leaderboard entries will be removed if you unlink your account, including the ANB leaderboard.

So, you are looking at unlinking your account from the associated E-mail for whatever reason. Well, be warned, unlinking your account will remove all your heroes from all leaderboards. You can rank new trial levels but would stink if you had an ANB hero with no more Event Timer or the ANB was over. Do not know if the ANB hero would be removed after the ANB ends but suspect the entry would still be removed.

Consider yourself warned.

UPDATE: This issue occurred while running v1.6.100.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 06-25-2023, 07:19 AM.

Timely, Tin Man! I was JUST thinking of updating my email account. Now I'll need to pick and choose a time.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      I unlinked my account a while back then linked again (to another e-mail). I can still see my old LB entries.

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      LodWig Yeah, you are right. I was banned and just did not notice it until after I unlinked my E-mail. My season rankings and my Silver #23 rankings were removed. I still remain unranked for the season though, oddly enough, my later Top 25 ranking for Silver #23 generated medals. Go figure.

I did not change E-mail. I just unlinked my E-mail because I was requested to do so. I am kinda surprised that you used an experience from "a while back" to refute that the bug did not exist on the day the post was made. My experience was with v1.6.100.

BTW, additional information that is not obvious:

You have to pay back the 30 gems you earned for creating an account in order to unlink your account. You are unable to earn the 30 gems back again when you relink the account. I did not investigate this thoroughly but I suspect you can only get the 30 gems if the in-game mail exists. If someone is interested if digging into that rabbit hole? Several in-game things tend to not happen until the game errors out or abruptly halts, like receiving the Steam Offer just like the continual historical getting of the last release notes and now the why so many quest mail. Is possible that the 30 gems offer for creating an account might drop again after Eternium errors out but I doubt it. I suspect that 30 gems offer is a solid one-time offer like the Steam Offers.

Hope everyone enjoys unlinking their account.

UPDATE: You have to pay the 30 gems every time you unlink your E-mail even if you did not receive 30 gems when you linked your E-mail.

UPDATE 2: Yes, my heroes have been removed from prior leaderboards. I just check the leaderboard from Gold #22 and my hero no longer shows.
      Last edited by Tin Man; 06-25-2023, 02:33 PM.

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      What a cluster. Will wait until current Season is over before I try my new email.

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
    Timely, Tin Man! I was JUST thinking of updating my email account. Now I'll need to pick and choose a time.
    Unless they fix the issue? There is a relatively small window.

I would only do it after all pending medals have been received and before pushing for whatever ANB is current. I have no idea when they grab snapshots of the leaderboard for determining medals. You do not want your hero's ranking removed before they pull the leaderboard data.

May be best to just wait until they drop another update as Travis has mentioned that one is scheduled for mid-July.

You may want to have someone confirm that the issue still exists before you do your unlinking.

Have fun.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm just going to forgo this. It's not worth my time. Besides, my gmail account will be there as long as Google stays in business.
Working...
X