Requesting some information please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting some information please.

This is my first post. I started playing about 6 months ago and am enjoying it overall. I am now at place where would like some information and hope some of the more experienced players can point me in the right direction.

1) Is there a list somewhere that goes through all the "enemies" and what their attributes, abilities, and what those "spheres of influence" around some of them are?
    2) Somewhere where I can find a list of the maximum stat for every attribute so that I know what I am aiming for?
    3) I have seen reference to discussions regarding the difference between crafting on a mobile and PC, could someone point me to those please? (I exclusively use a PC)
    4) In TLs, is spawning the Boss dependant on how many "enemies" you kill, or total damage done at a level? Does how many times you die in a level affect how long it takes to spawn?

Thank you in advance for any assistance

Welcome Suiyoubinoko. You have some thoughtful questions ...

1. Regarding the bosses, some older but very good videos and summaries of abilities are here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ht-boss-videos

Details on game Elites (enemies) have not been summarized so well in the past, but we do have some info on their visible damage auras, from the archives this Forum:
    Appearance Effect Enemy Name Indicators
    Lava floor Does damage over time to player/minions. Immolating / Immolator
    Swirling cloud vortex Slows movement and attack speed. Chilling / Trapper
    Red circle with fist symbols Buffs (adds to) the enemy's attack power. Empowering / Empowerer
    Blue circle with shield symbol Buffs (adds to) the enemy's armor. Protecting / Defender
    Orange circle with arrows Reflects some of the damage you deal back to you. Reflecting / Retributor

2. Maximum stats are tabulated on Discord by Lodwig the Elderanian (aka LodWig on this Forum). Look in Eternium Discord subforum "the-lost-pages" for the "pinned" topics that show the tabulations, copied below for convenience:

(Discord is free and we encourage new users to join, link is here: https://discord.com/invite/Eternium)

For Gear:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	218754

For Jewelry:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	178.6 KB ID:	218755

There is also a wealth of other information in other "pinned" topics on the Eternium channel. Worth your while to join!

3. Crafting on Mobile makes full use of the crafting prediction tool Pythia largely developed in-house by UmbraDei and LodWig (again, lots of discussion on this on subject on Discord). Mobile crafting reduces the effects of RNG loops normally found in a PC system. But if you are a pure PC user, I believe that negative effect is not as awful as it was once thought. To be sure, however, if your try crafting using the Pythia tool on mobile sometimes and on PC other times, the predictions will fail miserably (I can attest to this, personally -- I gameplay on both platforms, but strictly craft on mobile). Again, lots and lots of discussion on Discord, this topic.

4. Spawning a boss is related to how quick you fill the progress bar on your Trial Map, which is directly related to you total damage dealt to the map enemies rather than the number of individual enemy kills (when the progress bar fills up completely, the boss spawns). The higher ability of the enemy, such as elites, the more damage progress you gain. Also, how many times you die during a trial indirectly affects how long it will take a boss to spawn; that is, your hero's dying will not only re-buff (by ~10%) health of the nearby enemies while you die and resurrect, but you'll also need to recover that "lost" time from dying, thus delaying your encounter with the final boss. So, "not-dying" is always a good (if not best) strategy in trials, LOL!
    Last edited by WarriorSeven; 07-10-2023, 11:52 PM.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Thank you so much for all the info Warrior Seven. Greatly appreciated!

Comment

Adding to WarriorSeven's answer:

2) Details on maximum stats can be found here and here. There is a spreadsheet called "Quality Control" in my Dropbox that can be used to evaluate your items.​

3) Because of an error in the way the RNG is used, there are loops on both mobile and PC platforms. But the most frequently encountered loop has length 135 on PC, vs 71957 on mobile. A short loops entails a low variability in the craft outcomes. (For example, maybe no Bracer of Mastery with Snipe bonus damage and a socket can appear.) Because of this, crafting is (slightly) better done on mobile. But you can do it on PC and still use Pythia to avoid wasting precious resources on low-level items, or having the 77 goes to the "wrong" item. Just stick to one platform for all the crafting done with one hero.

4) To spawn the Boss your hero must either kill all the foes on the map (that's new since 1.5.99), or earn 200 Trial Points. Killing a regular foe award 1 point, killing an elite award 5 points, killing a spawned skeleton award 0.25 point. The progress bar shows the number of points earned, with one division each 20 points. With this in mind you can decide whether or not your hero shall add more foes to the last pack.
        Last edited by LodWig; 07-13-2023, 10:37 AM. Reason: Changed 1.6.6 to 1.5.99
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

Thank you LodWig! More great information.
          Right now my main toon is an ELR mage / GMC / FL build working on the TL 130 and notice that on the leaderboards that there are players with similar stats to me that clear those pretty quickly so I figure that my playing skills need some improvement and this and the info from Warrior Seven are going to help immensely. Thank you for the PC vs Mobile info too, last ANB I was 36 crafts in and no 77. Oh well better luck next time. Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
          X