No Level 77 item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Level 77 item

Hi, I've now crafted more then 70 legendary version of the Acamar book from the forbidden knowledge set with my event character. None of it level 77. To all I've read here, there should be at least one item out of 64 at level 77, but that obviously seems to be not true. Looking the tremendous effort I put into that the result is just disappointing. Any ideas how to improve the situation?

Just asking ... is your crafting mastery level maxed out at 50?
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Yes. Now I actually got my level 77 item. "Just" took me 90 attempts and a bad feeling anyway. This is pay to win, since without touching real money this would have simply not possible to archive. A pity for a game I like nevertheless...

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Very, very unusual to not see a L77 drop within the first 64 crafts. Was there a chance you were alternating your crafting on both PC and mobile?

• alexm
        alexm commented
        Editing a comment
        Simple math tell me that there is just a chance of about 2/3 to get a level 77 item in the first 64 crafts. So if there would be no coded exception in that schema, my experience should be a common issue. And yes, I used PC and mobile. Thanks for the hint and good to know for the future. Disappointing that such issues are not shared in the game itself.

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, the odds are much better than 2/3 to get one Legendary L77 in 64 crafts. The game is designed using the GFEM (Gambler's Fallacy Enforcement Mechanism), which "forces" the skewed binomial distribution below, to "guarantee" at least one L77 item in 64 crafts (with the other Levels also listed):

LEGENDARY LEVEL CRAFTING CHANCES
        L71: 1 chance in 64
        L72: 32 chances in 64
        L73: 16 chances in 64
        L74: 8 chances in 64
        L75: 4 chances in 64
        L76: 2 chances in 64
        L77: 1 chance in 64

And it's really a must to craft strictly on PC or Mobile (but not both), since the pRNG algorithms used by each platform results in different crafting pattern loops (PC loops are much shorter than those on mobile), which significantly affect the predictions above (as you have seen).

And I don't agree that this is a P2W game -- far from it. You can buy items and packages (I do so to support the game developers), but it is certainly not necessary to normally progress in the gameplay. Those who understand and employ the game features will advance more efficiently than those who do not. Yes, it is a bit unfortunate (frustrating for some?) that a comprehensive Instruction Manual is not available, but the game has changed in the past decade -- and continues to change -- that maintenance of such a tome would be prohibitive. So we instead rely on this Forum or Discord to discuss the game intricacies with other Eternium gamers.

And much of the discussion on this topic has occurred in this Forum already, and it is further hashed about on the Eternium Discord Channel, which I encourage you to join (for FREE), if you haven't done so already: https://discord.com/invite/eternium

The discussions there are nearly real time (chat-room like), and the data assembled there -- by our many friends and gurus who love the game mechanics, math, statistics, and discussions around such topics -- are most excellent and worth your while to explore further.

Wow, many thanks for that detailed information, what is actually ways more as I expected to get at that point. The GFEM making sense, even if I not really understand why it is different between PC and mobile?
      I'm not sure I want to continue the P2W discussion, since game design (with exception of my 90 crafting's...), support and community has been flawless so far and the game do a lot of things good that others do bad at that point! Maybe my last comment for now (here) would be to suggest some kind of crafting schema more close to what you have for the gemstones. So remove the "luck" from the 77 crafting and make need to craft 64 legendaries (maybe somehow cheaper) with level 71 and allow to combine them to a 77 (e.g. in some pyramid). Even if in average this might not be beneficial in terms of needed resources, it make the needed effort predictable and avoid some nasty "smell" of a lootbox feeling.
      But thanks again for the hint about the Discord Chancel, I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
      X