Bracer of Mastery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracer of Mastery question

So I started playing Eternium just a couple days before the ANB event started, so I am still super new I suppose. I saw a couple other threads on BoM but did not find my question...

Are some of the +skill damage rolls on the bracer more rare than others? I was trying to craft some BoM for Shockwave damage... and I bought one of the event crafting packs so I have tons of materials, but I crafted several... got stubborn... crafted several more, still no shockwave. I did get one roll of Devastate though, which seems alright. But that Juggernaut build I was playing as you progress in trials the vast majority of damage seems to come to shockwave, so that seems like a massive upgrade to get that on BoM?

Anyway... just wondering if I got unlucky, or getting shockwave is just more rare than others, etc?

Thanks,

We used to have a wonderful tool at our disposal, Antikythera, ​developed by one of our own users, that helped predict the next attribute crafted (but not its rating level), and the drops all appeared pretty much randomized at that time. That tool is no longer available since the game developers changed the algorithm for the BoM attribute drop chances, but it still appears to be random, if no longer predictable.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
      .. it still appears to be random, if no longer predictable.
      If I understand this correctly, the chances to get the right level, AND the right BoM attributes, AND a good attribute-value are quite slim. Did you notice any particular frequency, or attributes distribution throughout all the craft you've been through? For instance, gemstone or essence types seems to be evenly distributed on the long run (or at least consistent). Would you say the same thing about BoM attributes?

Comment

• Mxtof
        Mxtof commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I'm far from being a math-kind-of-guy either; and if smarter ones haven't got through yet, I wouldn't even dare to try. But you know, knowledge acquired through experience (extensive in your case) often gives a more intuitive approach which, even if it's not backed-up with numbers, can unravel things from a different angle.

Alas, it didn't help you with BoMs... So much for the intuitive approach.

• Bali_Lenni
        Bali_Lenni commented
        Editing a comment
        Rumour has it that equipping "opposite" gear & abilities, augments chances to get that coveted +%skill...
        So if you are hoping for a frostbeam BOM, it may pay off to throw on your fire or nature dmg rags and de-quip frostbeam...
        ;-)
        {or in other words: it can take 30+ continuous crafts, or more in extreme cases of "you should have stayed in bed today", to get the right BoM nowadays}

• Mxtof
        Mxtof commented
        Editing a comment
        Bali_Lenni That rumor might not been far off from the truth... I don't have enough glory to unlock BoM yet, but I noticed the few ones that dropped so far seem to follow this tendency, at which point I can't help having a smile on my face when checking one up, because most of them are, to the letter, exactly what I do NOT need, which is quite impressive. It's the same kind of feeling when I'm looking at a FireLily with crit attributes. Priceless.
    Working...
    X