ANB to Main toon crafting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB to Main toon crafting question

If you have an ANB toon that you want to move to an empty slot after the ANB is over and keep it as a main toon, do the crafts done as an ANB toon carry over to the main toon or does the "bag" reset when it becomes a main toon?
    Thanks in advance.

No reset on that front. The crafting history for that character is just carried over, as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mxtof View Post
      No reset on that front. The crafting history for that character is just carried over, as is.
      Speaking of which - you had mentioned in another thread to me that the crafting calculator wouldn't work properly on my first character since I got mastery to 50 after it was created.

I realized though that this current ANB I had 50 mastery before it started, so once the characters transfer, I suppose I could just make that character my main? I will just have to start tracking my crafts on it after I get my next 77, since I had not tracked anything thus far.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you can make that character a Main after ANB.

BUT ... since you were not tracking crafts on it (it appears), it is hopeless to use Pythia on it even after you get an L77 item. Pythia requires an accurate history of ALL Legendary crafts -- starting with the first one of your toon -- for the probability tool to work properly.

Ahhhh well that is another requirement I did not realize. Interesting... I suppose I just assumed it completely reset after every 77 popped up.

Are you allowed to share the link to Pythia? It wasn't terribly easy for me to find it by searching, and if I recall correctly there have been different variations of it. I just want to make sure I have the correct one.

I think I read that there will be one more ANB event right after this current one ends? Maybe I will just make sure I track this next ANB characters 71 crafts, and then just turn it into a crafting mule after the ANB event is over... So I don't accidentally craft something while playing and not track it

Is that a thing? People just keep a kind of mule crafting character so it's easy to just keep track of whatever I craft on it?

Appreciate the help and advice.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, we can share the Pythia links.

UmbraDei (the owner of this marvelous tool, and an Eternium player) shows 3 valid links available for Pythia on the Discord channel (NOTE: these sometimes change, since he uses 3rd party hosting sites, which may get a bug up their butts for too many hits and then they shut the site(s) down):

I do recommend diligently tracking your LEGENDARY toon crafts, either on pen/paper or a spreadsheet.

And yes, there is a new ANB starting tomorrow (the second Platinum offered) offering only 3 hours of actual playtime (very challenging!).

Finally, saving a toon for crafting after ANB is possible (you're calling it a crafting mule, but it's really another Main), remembering it will be class-specific. That said, this is a VERY expensive way to craft new/replacement gear and weapons compared with doing so while in an ANB; most users do their crafting in an ANB for this reason.

If you have not done anything to invailidate the crafting history( think crafting legendary set/unique items before having ml50) you should be able to recover the crafting history. I think you can use the check crafts option in pythia to get back on track.

Comment

papa jim is correct. If you have decided to keep your toon from the ANB -- and while a Season Event is running -- you may be able to recover your crafting sequence. It is a bit involved, but possible:

1) With your toon now a Main, you'll need to run a Trial while a Season Event is running to record a Season Rank. After running a Trial with your new Main, make note of the Rank by opening the Season icon in Hometown and cursor down to click on the yellow "1 2 3" boxes in any panel lableled "Finish the Event in top XXX". A Leaderboard listing comes up with your Hero -- now RANKED in Season (rather than the previous ANB) -- along with Hero (name), Trial Level, and Time (to complete your trial). Make note of your a new Season RANK associated with the Trial you just ran (NOTE: your old ANB Trial resets when the toon came over as a Main running a Season Trial).

2) Then, back to using Pythia; enter some bogus sequence of crafts (say 72 73 72 74 etc.) in the initial screen and then click "Ask Pythia" (the sequence does NOT have to be correct, nor does it have to have many crafts at this point).

3) A new Pythia window opens up with a bogus prediction for the next craft (ignore this) -- but with important options below it. Select "Season" under Event, pick your toon's Class, and finally, enter the Rank in the field "Ranking on selected Leaderboard" you just ran for Season. Then click "Check crafts" button at the bottom of the screen.

4) Voilà! A new screen pops up showing your Most likely craft sequence (assumes XXX crafting) where XXX states either mobile or PC crafting (more on this later). The sequence will have a form like 23245232243262323224322542322321... which is interpreted as crafting sequence with item levels L72 L73 L72 L74 L75 L72 L73 ..., etc. Pythia, indeed, has captured your historical crafting sequence for your Main Hero! Save this sequence to paper or a spreadsheet for future crafting and tracking (adding to it as you craft new Legendary weapons and gear).

5) Besides the sequence, Pythia also provides a 2-column checklist of Pythia (Leaderboad/CORRECT) data vs. what you have entered (i.e., what you THINK is the current item Level count). Both columns need to match. If they don't, use the differences to try and correct errors in YOUR tracking sheet, particularly as it relates to the count -- or miscount -- of a specific gear level (say, # of Level 72's vs Level 73's). When running doublechecks like the above using Pythia, it may require you to advance a Trial level for the database pointer to move in the Leaderboard.

6) Finally, a note on crafting on PC or mobile device ... both work in Pythia, with mobile having just a slight edge in "better" predictions than PC. That said, select your favorite platform and ONLY craft on THAT device for THAT toon -- and never use BOTH devices (i.e., never alternate crafts on two different platforms); otherwise, Pythia breaks for THAT Hero (and this is NOT repairable/recoverable -- future crafts will NOT be predictable anymore for that particular Hero). Keep a record of this fact with your crafts as an important reminder.
        “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Working...
        X