Champion Points increase / cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champion Points increase / cap

Been playing intermittently for the last month or two, but started playing more during the most recent bronze and now silver ANB, currently CL654 in the ANB with I think a couple hours or so left of playing time as BH. Side note, surprisingly am ranked I think 19 on TL 95 but I suspect I will drop rapidly over the next couple days as other players really dig in unless I attempt to push to higher TL (probably will try since already accidentally pushed into the veteran league anyway now).

So i have noticed a few things regarding the champion points that I am wondering about:

- Do the champion points sub-categories cap ever change from here on out? For example, my current haste champion points is 100/100, but does that mean that I can never get or allocate more than 100 haste champion points? I think some players get to 2000 CL or more, but despite CL does this mean that haste (for example) will always capped out at 100?

- As my CL has gone up approximately the last 50-100 levels, I have stopped getting any new Defense Champion Points. I am currently 50/50 maxed out on Life, Armor, Life Regeneration, and Life On Hit. Is this why I am not getting any more Defense Champion Points? Would make sense if I don't have anywhere to allocate the points anymore, but then kinda seems like I should be getting proportionately more Offense and/or Utility points....

- As my CL continues to increase in this ANB (I am guessing this would happen on main character as well), the amount of champion points I am getting in any category seems to already really be slowing down. I think I have read this is typical but as I interpolate this out, it would suggest that by the time I am getting to, for example, CL 1000, I will be getting little to no champion points anymore?

Originally posted by Blahhh View Post
    - Do the champion points sub-categories cap ever change from here on out? For example, my current haste champion points is 100/100, but does that mean that I can never get or allocate more than 100 haste champion points? I think some players get to 2000 CL or more, but despite CL does this mean that haste (for example) will always capped out at 100?
    The cap remains the same in any category regardless of the levels achieved, the only attribute you can keep on increasing is Power. If this one has a cap, your lifetime won't be enough to reach it.

- As my CL has gone up approximately the last 50-100 levels, I have stopped getting any new Defense Champion Points. I am currently 50/50 maxed out on Life, Armor, Life Regeneration, and Life On Hit. Is this why I am not getting any more Defense Champion Points? Would make sense if I don't have anywhere to allocate the points anymore, but then kinda seems like I should be getting proportionately more Offense and/or Utility points....
    Once every attributes in a category are maxed out, no more CL can be assigned, so no more CL for that category.

- As my CL continues to increase in this ANB (I am guessing this would happen on main character as well), the amount of champion points I am getting in any category seems to already really be slowing down. I think I have read this is typical but as I interpolate this out, it would suggest that by the time I am getting to, for example, CL 1000, I will be getting little to no champion points anymore?
    You'll get new CLs as long as you gather enough XP. Each new level requires more XP than the previous one, that's the pickle. Each iteration adds about 1% more XP (the formula is more complicated, but 1% is close enough). Not much of a problem for the first levels, but the addition slowly but surely takes its toll. At CL 2250, you'll need 10.6 Billions XP to reach 2251. Near CL 2450, it's about 365 Billions per level. Just to give you an idea of how long it would take to reach the Power cap, if any.

Comment

• Blahhh
      Blahhh commented
      Editing a comment
      That clears it up, thanks.
Working...
X