Xenondon strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xenondon strategy?

I'm wondering what is the strategy for fighting and beating Xenondon? It seems I'm just running around randomly and fighting a few seconds at a time. Thanks

My strategy is avoidance. By finishing Kara in under 6 minutes I leapfrog over Xenondon. But then you have Zharos which is just as big a pain. The new ANB additions still need work...

Comment

I'm playing Arcanist this ANB Bronze.

So I first tried kiting (one avoidance strategy), but the big fat lizard is simply too fast (hmmm ... some off-season jogging and pilates must have done wonders for thunderthighs ... but I digress). I often found myself wasting a LOT of precious time running around being attacked by tubby while not being able to doing anything in return, save an occasional attack or two.

A COMPLETELY different strategy was in order after several fits and starts with other methods: I now just stand my ground, right in front of the bad breath blubber boy and just cycle through my main Attacks (Arcane Bolts and Arc Lightning) and Abilities (Immolate, Time Warp, and Paradox). The Arcanist build has inherently good deflection and immunity from enemy attacks (this build has been buffed and it is now a joy to play!). And with the Forbidden Knowledge weapons set, my hero also has an additional ability to generate a protective shell.

Another gameplay tactic is to delay spamming your attacks while butterball's protective halo is active (and instead go defensive during this time), to allow your cooldown cycles to catch up for your next attacks after the protective halo disappears -- and then attack with a vengeance!

With a bit of practice and with good timing, I can vanquish roly-poly in less than a minute.

I've tried this method on the other Bosses as well, and -- so far -- it seems to work rather well.
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Working...
      X