This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velocinite

I got my first pieces of Velocinite today on one of my Mages. The description said that they can be fused similar to the way regular gems are fused. Cool, I thought, as I stored them in my storage chest. When I put more in storage for later fusing, I was dismayed to find them all unfuseable and unable to be used by any class, including the original Mage that received and stored them. What did I do wrong and can they be recovered?
  • Answer selected by Travis | Support Mgr. at 11-29-2023, 09:55 PM.

This issue has officially been resolved. If anyone is still having trouble, shoot me an email at help@makingfun.com.

Comment

You didn't do anything wrong. This is a known issue that the team is working to fix. Hold onto them for now. At first, I thought it was caused by stacking the stones, but it sounds like it may be caused by stashing them.

Comment

OK, update on the stored Velocinite: the restricted ones in storage can be fused with new ones in inventory and it clears the restrictions completely from the new size. However, the restrictions will still be in place until you have enough to fuse into Brilliant size. I will update you on how that turns out. It's confusing me a little.
        Last edited by OwlKitty; 11-28-2023, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with my bounty hunter unable to use any velocinite, fused or unfused. Please fix asap, otherwise what's the point.

Comment

The ones in stash are unavailable ... I am not completely sure of the sequence though. It seems as if you can transfer them to your stash - and immediately after - they are still available (saved to server - and I could still transfer back to my character which I placed them). Switched heroes - and I could access the ones I just placed by another hero of a different class.

EXITED the game - and came back - and it was Unavailable.

If you take one from your stash and stack it onto an existing one in your inventory - at which point they become available. If you JUST transfer it from stash to inventory - it is still unavailable though.

Have fun fixing this!

If y'all don't fix this before ANB though - try and let people know to NOT stash them in stash though!

... ktb

Comment

Thanks for the details. I'll keep them in my inventory for now.

Originally posted by Teebs View Post
            The ones in stash are unavailable ... I am not completely sure of the sequence though. It seems as if you can transfer them to your stash - and immediately after - they are still available (saved to server - and I could still transfer back to my character which I placed them). Switched heroes - and I could access the ones I just placed by another hero of a different class.

EXITED the game - and came back - and it was Unavailable.

If you take one from your stash and stack it onto an existing one in your inventory - at which point they become available. If you JUST transfer it from stash to inventory - it is still unavailable though.

Have fun fixing this!

If y'all don't fix this before ANB though - try and let people know to NOT stash them in stash though!

... ktb

Comment

Can confirm that orginal owner Hero can stack, fuse, and equip from inventory.

It doesn't matter which Hero takes or removes the Velocinite from storage, it remains locked. It can be stacked but not fused while restricted (this result is inconsistent, sometimes it will fuse).

I hope you can make these interchangeable between Heroes. It would be inconvenient if these Velocinite Gems make it impossible to swap perfect jewelry between Heroes.

Thanks and you're hard work is appreciated

Comment

Pretty incredible we're having these issues, particularly with the advanced notice and hype for the arrival of these Spiritstones that were delayed until the new Season started. I just don't don't get it guys and gals ... does anyone on the Dev team ACTUALLY play this game to test things out before a roll-out like this?
                “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Spiritstones become unusable when they are stored in the Stash and the game is closed. The fix is ready and we plan on getting it released. We are also working on a solution that doesn't require a release (a migration or script). If we can avoid a release, we will.

Comment

• Teebs
                    Teebs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is there any circumstance where the 'fix' does NOT work?

The 'fix' being taking the unusable spirit stones and merging (stacking) it on to one that is usable in a characters inventory. I haven't played around extensively with this - but this seems to work?

... ktb

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                    Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The current workaround is to stack broken Spiritstones with non-broken Spiritstones, then keep them out of the stash (aside from a quick transfer between heroes). It works for everyone I've asked so far.

A permanent fix for the issue will be included in the next release. In the meantime, the engineers are working on a hotfix that will fix broken stones.

I'm just going to let my Heroes stack and hold their own until this bug gets fixed. Thanks Travis and Team.

Comment

From Discord Chat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231128-201240_Discord~2.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	220692

Comment

hmm, issue still persist

Comment

Here's a trick I stumbled upon to recover your corrupted stones:

1. Make sure you have at least one clean spirit stone of the same tier in your inventory;
                        2. Sell the broken stones to the hoarder (Caveat: do NOT exit the game at this point, or the stones will be lost as transaction history gets erased);
                        3. Buy the stones back immediately, and they will nicely stack up in the inventory, ready for use.

Maybe the fist step is unnecessary, but I don't know that for a fact (not too keen on playing around with a bugged feature), so feel free to experiment. Anyway, that's how I did it and it worked.

On a side note, please give the developers some kind leniency. New features always introduces new bugs, and no human can predict every use case of his program, no matter how hard he tries. And sometimes, focusing on little hidden details keeps your attention away from obvious big things, it happened to the best of us.

Good luck!

Comment

We are actively testing a fix for the issue in the live environment. Some of you may already see the fix in action. If everything goes as planned, everyone will see it shortly.

Comment

Something I just discovered about the Velocinite, while I can socket the stones in my jewelry I can not swap them in any Celetisized item. I can swap regular stones but not the Velocinite stones. Don't know if this is intentional or not. Anyone else have the same issue?

Comment

• WoodsyLadyM
                              WoodsyLadyM commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Do you mean celestial items?

• Suiyoubinoko
                              Suiyoubinoko commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, Celestial items.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                              Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Velocinite can only be socketed into jewelry (rings and necklaces).
                          Working...
                          X