Flower Protector - the most forgiving build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flower Protector - the most forgiving build

After a stimulating conversation with Cereblon , and too bad orion_134 (my usual theorycraft partner) was already off to bed when I finally got on discord.

I give you the Flower Protector, quite possibly the most forgiving build in the game.

Basics: Full Defender Build
    Trinkets: Fire Lily (basis of this build), Talisman of Doom (best of the rest)
    Bracer: Deadly Throw +100%
    Belt: Girdle of Heroism (DT + 30%), 2nd option Belt of Whirling Storm (WW only)
    Shield: Blackguard Shield
    Weapon: Blackguard Mace, 2nd option Whirlwind Axe (WW only)

State allocation on gear: This is the most important piece, Power, Vitality, Block on EVERY piece. For boots and pants, 4th slot is for MS. For shield, 4th slot is Armor, everywhere else, AR for the 4th Slot.

Jewelry stat allocation: Power, Block, Vit, AR

A few considerations: You will have more block than the max block necessary for 95% crit block while SB is up. The extra block is purely used as 1/2 Power

At around CL2250, a typical SW defender will have around 3600 Power. With SB active (all the time), 3900 additional power = 7500 baseline
    At the same CL, a Flower Protector will have around 6320 Power, with SB active (all the time), 1580 extra block (compared to the typical 3800 block max) 4690 additional power = 11010 base line

So 47%. This unfortunately will not let you catch up to the typical Crit build. The typical endgame stat offers 50% crit chance at 1800% CD. That's roughly 9.25x. Lily gives you 5x, so you need almost 100% to catch up to the typical crit build. 5x * 1.47 = 7.35x. Typical crit build will outdamage this Flower Protector by 25.8% not to mention access to the best tailsman, 3000%CD. So in truth, the damage gap between this and the typical build is closer to 50%.

But, you have the biggest HP pool and your damage doesn't vary. You have a flat power curve which means you are likely king until TL120+.

In other words, Devs it's time to up Lily to 7x instead of 5x.

GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Good analysis, I also have the same thought that 500% is quite low, I still have no decent Fire Lily drop so I can't test the build yet.

Comment

with SB active (all the time)
      How are you keeping SB active "all the time"?

100% SB uptime is not possible on standard endgame builds.
      Last edited by Hollow Knight; 07-16-2020, 08:18 AM.
      HAFI JIZU XUWA 9380

Suki, Warrior TL126 (and climbing!)

Comment

• MufasaGaming
        MufasaGaming commented
        Editing a comment
        With In The Zone, when you drag half of the map, your active abilities timers is reset almost instantly, so if you stand your ground, you can stack up SB timer. Last time i had 120 seconds of SB left before starting the boss. I have doubt on this flower build at higher TL because boss fight will take more than 10 minutes, even with osmosis enchant which is mandatory for every defender warrior i'd say.

• Arionthe
        Arionthe commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't played since the nerf to alacrity (something I have argued for in the last 2+yrs it feels like). So perhaps massive AR stacking or WW belt is now necessary (non ITZ) for SB uptime

Just finished reading this posting very thoroughly/carefully
      as "a Shield warrior lover" i like it very much
      would surely try later
      Arionthe old friend
      thanks
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Think the beta changes will disrupt this. AR will change.

Comment

Love your post. My experience about a month ago was the same. Never was in danger, only ran out of time. Fell asleep and lost once.

Comment

I'm a total beginner and at TL 80. Liking this game. I got "lucky" and got a Lily as a drop somewhere (Misty Island maybe?) or in the story (but definitely before TL50). But the Lily had both CR and CD on it - which I hope the developers will remove from possibilities with programming going forward. hint hint to whoever reads these....

Comment

• Tin Man
              Tin Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Getting a Fire Lily with both CR and CD is rather common it seems. The one that I have from a drop has both.

Good Luck with "The Fire-Lilly" shield warrior
            it is the only build that i never try
            after a bit frustrated with the 'ITZ" SW i would revert back to one type of Old build without BattleRage which is "in my honest opinion" once upon a time (now dunno) powerful against all type of bosses: "SB DT" combination. (Whirlwind for mobs).
            The down-side of this DT without BR is that: you die a lot. Well in the "Old-days" it's hard to have high Ability, Vitality, Haste at least 5 etc etc etc

Fire Lily? erm
            Arionthe says above that: you should be "King" until trial 120+
            Later i would find out if there is a possibility of a Fire-Lilly can still perform above Trial 130? or even 140? or 150?

i would "never ever" get frustrated if later it seems that "Fire-Lilly" SW is not an option for further advancement in trial. The Title of this great posting has stated already:

"Fire: protector: The Most Forgiving Build"

Thank you
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 12-28-2020, 07:48 AM.
            Shield warrior Lover

Comment

erm. Dunno where to post. Here it states: Flower protector Build.But still i have to post it somewhere. Have to be here. Still related to Deadly Throw Whirlwind Shield warrior Build. (thus i'm still partially in the above discussion)

For a CR/CD Deadly Throw Whirlwind Shield warrior build, I've used Deadly Throw BOM (havin fun with this build at this Silver ANB and lookin forward with it in normal playin later)

i have "a very big" question
              i had already used Deadly Throw "BOM" so wat's the recommendation Belt ehh?.

"Belt of the Whirling Storm or Girdle of Heroism (DT Damage increase 30% more) OR even Belt of the Templar maybe?"

to be honest i'm afraid of Girdle of Heroism Belt: it's very much excellence in finishin the bosses in no time. sometime in less than 3 minute time left , but but: against mobs?: i have a hell of a time with them

if the Master (Arionthe) or ANY OTHER WARRIOR WITH EXPERIENCE OUT THERE still prefer Girdle of Heroism over Belt of the Whirlwing storm or any other belts for a strictly CR/CD Deadly Throw Whirlwind Shield warrior (not other type of Whirlwind Shield warrior Build) i would stick to it.
              Thank you
              Last edited by TheExorcist; 04-15-2021, 11:24 AM.
              Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Working...
              X