• Show
Clear All

Shield warrior..erm

After quite some time have not played anythin
    start again with my Old Shield warrior
    step by step from trial 100 somethin now at Trial 125
    still 6/6 defender set
    not too bad though...
    add 3 new thing (Gold ANB yellow 35 of whatever): turn into Belt of Whirling storm, charm of Qol and talismans of Storm (just follow the LB i'm afraid)
    i try to follow one of those who success at this defender set build err.. Mr/Miss? Tempadin at LB no 34
    i hv 3 Old warriors..just try with the Shield warrior first
    the other two warriors?: dunno yet. One more shield warrior and DW? erm..Later will decide after doing a lot of reading in this lovely forum
    thank you

err? do i need to adjust my hero's attribute? any recommendation?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-09-2020, 10:51 AM.
    Shield warrior Lover

Wow! I tip my hat to you sir. The best I could do in this Gold with a defender set is 115 I think. I must be bad at herding mobs.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      That is not his ANB hero but his regular hero. Look at the CL.

Still a worthy accomplishment.

• Rogtime
      Rogtime commented
      Editing a comment
      You are very correct, still very good!

You may want to try using the templar belt with itz and ww.
    Attached Files

Comment

• TheExorcist
      TheExorcist commented
      Editing a comment
      Allunra. Thanks for the advice. Not many SW at the LB nowadays. Less than 5 at the moment. i hope you will succeed.

How does that work? Parry and BR? thougt 1 would take out the other.

Got some SS bracers at anb gold and made it to TL 123. Didnt have enough dmg for garm (CL around 1000).

WW defender build is great for trash mobs but Bosses takes forever even with the 1% dmg boost from helmet
    Last edited by Johan Gustafsson; 08-10-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Johan Gustafsson
      Johan Gustafsson commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah thx, have to try that then!

• Allunra
      Allunra commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. Note: you need to have osmosis on the helm else it will not work. I can clear the board in 2 minutes but need the remaining time for osmosis to build to take out the boss.

• Nondescript
      Nondescript commented
      Editing a comment
      Using Templars belt and ITZ at higher trial levels will not work. You really need that battle rage to trigger healing at those higher trial levels that ITZ just cannot match. Likewise belt of heroism is just not good even with DT bracers. I am not sure about DT bracers or SS bracers. My 72 SS are are slightly better than my perfect 77 DT set with whirling storm belt, so i suspect as i go into the 140's ss will show its power. In fact, Templars is not even close. Tempadin probably already figured this out, hence the use of whirling storm. I think I recall seeing something along these lines in discord some time back.

I got my ANB shield warrior to Trial 123 this time, with 1155 CL (beat Elban in 9:42). But seems I'll finish out of the top 250 (ranked 259 with 45 minutes left in the event). I play on mobile and switched to BR and Girdle of Heroism for the push. I found that Whirling Storm belt was too indiscriminate in aggro'ing mobs, so dropped that and WW.

Comment

i always remember the "Senior Warriors" ( is it Argon or Altheo?) saying:
      WW Shield warrior need: massive massive pulling
      when pulling a group i dont stop to kill all just kill some of the mob then as fast as i can drag to another group etc etc
      b/c i'm not an experience player yet i try to set the timin left for the bosses > 6 min

erm: i still dont hv the slayer enchantment for weapon. used 100 Haste at the moment. And no Bracer of Mastery. (not enough of the yellow thing to obtain both: just 5 remain). PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-11-2020, 01:45 PM.
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Allunra
        Allunra commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, never stop as when pulling you miss the elites abilities.

I am using a 93% DT bracer. Just farm the defiler in story mode and buy it from the gem locked chests (better to do on your main without a time limit).

My Old SW used charm of qol: you hv the chance to use secondary attack.
      is it the right trinket?
      for ages i only used frenzy for mobs and bosses (no secondary attack)
      a bit difficult for me to used both: say Frenzy and rending Slash
      my hero attribute Haste rating just 4. if i used RS (secondary attack) it's slow
      any suggestion the right "trinket". i also used the Talisman of storms. Just not sure with this charm of qol thing
      thank you
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-11-2020, 12:33 PM.
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Allunra
        Allunra commented
        Editing a comment
        Talisman of storms is a must. I like use the charm of qol to proc cleave and lower the mob DPS on my hero so I can pull the map on higher CLs. Ideal DPS charm would be the vial of wind but the I tend to die more. With the belt of the templar and continuous procs from itz my crit proc% is 75-80% all the time.

P.s. I just claimed all my good karma from advising and rolled this.
      Attached Files

Comment

err..i've just got Legendary "belt of the triad" with Cr CD Exp LOH at Bronze ANB trial so and so..is it useful for my Whirlwind Shield warrior?
        or should i craft Belt of the Whirling Storm? (i can only craft this type of belt at the moment)
        Thank you
        Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-16-2020, 05:17 PM.
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Allunra
          Allunra commented
          Editing a comment
          Before switching to the tempest belt and itz, I found that the whirling time reduction helped a lot with DT and keeping BR up. The damage is not very useful at higher TLs.

• Allunra
          Allunra commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you using the blackboard shield yet? That might help. Also, what are you shields attributes? You'll need it armor beefed up to stand a chance at higher TLs.

shield warrior out there (at the moment so few aren't they??. i dunno)
        just want to ask a question
        normal playin (not ANB) based on the LB and etc
        i think all used Blackguard Resolve shield??
        i'm alone (?) in usin Encrypted Shield
        should i discard my old level 76 Encrypted shield and craft a new Blackguard?
        thank you
        Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-20-2020, 01:24 PM.
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Skyla
          Skyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely. The set bonus from blackguard is way better than encrypted. I dealt with the same decision upon returning to find almost all my gear was obsolete with the new gear and weapon sets. Encrypted really starts to become obsolete into the 100+trials anyway.

Skyla Thanks
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Working...
        X