New player, could use warrior tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New player, could use warrior tips

So I did the ANB with the mage, but my main is a warrior. So I can't scope the warrior LB for what to invest in the best warrior build. I've read the forums that the fury/warlord is the way to go, but what weapon set and skills should I invest in? Thank you

you’re new so going to ask something first. You need 5 characters at level 10 to get the 5 quests for 100 gems a day. Do you have that set up? You should be able to create a warrior to check out the leaderboard.

Comment

• Citizen055
      Citizen055 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never actuall asked anyone this, but I’ve been assuming that this is very old info. I have 2 characters and I get all 5 daily quests every day.

• echomirage
      echomirage commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here...

Wow I didn’t know that had changed. So your main warrior Should be able to look at the season leaderboard, it’s the same.

Comment

I am new to the warrior as well but I love the 2fury/4Warlord build that uses the abilities In the zone, leap and shockwave. My passives either boost haste, power or armor. My main attack is rending slash and then frenzy. I am not at the top of the leaderboards, around 200 now, but I love this build. I love having a character that is tough and I love jumping from one enemy group to the next in the trials. So much fun.

Comment

• Citizen055
        Citizen055 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, but I use cleave instead of frenzy.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Which weapon set are you using?

i also try (just for fun) the 2 weapon DW build (for my 3rd warrior)
      4 warlord 2 Fury kind of thing
      still at very low level.
      i find it quite interesting
      erm..i'm not usin Whirlwind at all.
      Just one small question if i may:
      err.
      for a "DW Noob without Whirlwind" like me: "Only against bosses: is it still "Frenzy" or ?"
      it seems that "Champion Chinahii the Number one at The warrior LB" follow by no. 2 and no. 4 dont even used Frenzy at all. Just RS & Cleave. Now which one is for bosses? is it Rs Or cleave or both?
      i try to follow the "Top 10" LB. Seems a variation of this and that
      thank you for assistance
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-26-2020, 10:49 AM.
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        There was another discussion thread that suggested that Cleave was better than Frenzy for the Fury:Warlord build.

I noticed most of the top warriors using a Fury/Warlords combo does not use Frenzy but instead use Rending slash and Cleave. Are these really better than Frenzy for this build? What's the general thinking about this?

I use the Vampiric Blades with my initial attack being Rending Slash followed by Cleave. It seems to work best if you can keep both of the primary attacks active, but you definitely want to start the DOT from Rending Slash to get more out of Shockwave.. Then once you get them bleeding, you can proc Leap, ITZ, and then Shockwave once you hit the ground to finish them off.

For bosses whose blue status bar winds down, Macgroth, TBD, Elban, I think it is better to use Rending Slash to activate the DOT so that once the blue status bar runs out, you can hit them hard with Shockwave. I am not sure how to best attack Kara & Garm since their blue status bar never changes. I don't feel that I get as much out of Shockwave on those two, so I try to keep both Cleave and RS active and use Storm of Swords from Leap.

FYI, I played this build mostly as an XP farmer in Bronze ANB, so I haven't tried it past TL100 yet.

Ozymandius thank you for the advice sir
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Working...
      X