Why Keep Fury on final ANB push?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Keep Fury on final ANB push?

New DW player here. Looks like the folks over TL 150 only get single digit benefit from the swords proc. Why not go ful warlords for the extra damage at low life mobs?

'cos that's what Romme does!
    i assume the SoS damage is adding to the bleeds, otherwise warlord 6 looks better on paper.

Comment

Maybe each living sword counts as a separate attack. This would allow you to crit many more times than if you weren't spamming all those swords. It's probably what allows the build to forgo Haste.
      BH: Shade
      Mage: Muse
      Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Shade Glow Are you thinking that the procs from SoS count towards alacrity? That would make sense as to why it is beneficial. Any to confirm?

Comment

• Shade Glow
          Shade Glow commented
          Editing a comment
          First, I have a question. Are people calling the trail of living swords SoS? Never mind, I went into the TG and checked what it's called in the damage stats (Storm of Swords). Now I know.

In response to your question, I was simply speculating that the trail of living swords created by the Fury 2 piece bonus might count as a cluster of simultaneous attacks. If this is true, they will each have their own chance to crit, thereby procing the Vampiric Blades set multiple times. Now that you mention it, this would have a similar impact on alacrity. Thanks for bringing that up.
          Last edited by Shade Glow; 10-29-2020, 12:33 AM.

• Allunra
          Allunra commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah. You were talking about the sword ability...that makes sense...first time here so I didn't even think of that. Thanks.

After a bit of testing, I think each living sword in the Storm of Swords counts as a separate attack. I went into the TG without weapons equipped and generated SoS several times. There is a huge damage range per cast. It could mean that some of the swords occasionally miss the target, and/or some of the swords are hitting critically while some are not. Further testing is needed in order to be absolutely sure.

If each sword counts as a separate attack, it should help your LoH, Vampiric Blades proc, and Alacrity.
        BH: Shade
        Mage: Muse
        Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Sos crits feed gw, which give shockwave its big damage

Comment

From a non shockwave user with physical damage %s on my trinkets/bracer/belt Sos is one of my main sources of damage (25%) after cleave which is around 45-50%
            There is no other viable skill I could use that would out damage sos bonus from 2set fury
            `';..;'` from Starcraft
            GITA NEGI YAWA 3594

Comment

Originally posted by Stusmith50 View Post
              'cos that's what Romme does!
              lol

Comment

• Stusmith50
                Stusmith50 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you switched to warrior? Sure I've seen ShotDead in the leaderboards (above me!)

• Romme
                Romme commented
                Editing a comment
                I've seen him too

• ShotDead
                ShotDead commented
                Editing a comment
                I have. BH was too much headache and I never liked Mage so Warrior was default option. XD
            Working...
            X