Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Exactly Does Parry Do?

Heya, y'all,

Are warriors now using Parry primarily to constantly trigger "Blade Flurry" via Lightning Reflexes? Is that the "Storm of Swords" damage listed in my Trial Stats? I don't see a reference to "Storm of Swords" anywhere in my abilities or passives--only "Flurry" or "Blade Furry."

This is confusing.

I'm CL 2042, and have finished my BH build, so I'm starting a warrior, and I am woefully ignorant about the warrior class. This is the first event where I've used warrior and, being lazy and lacking all capacity for original thought, I have of course copied the builds and abilities of the top warriors in the event.

The current fashion seems to be the 2 Fury/4 Warlord armor with The Cleaver and Whirlwind Axe, so I did that. Also, many of these players are using parry. One top player even had parry on five or six of his items.

Level 10 "In The Zone" gives 2000 parry for five seconds, so I assume the extra item parry is intended for triggering the flurry the rest of the time.

Or is there some other reason for it? In and of itself, Parry is just an attack deflection, right? Like a shield, but done with a sword. Or is there some riposte damage associated with parry? Cause that'd be cool--and realistic to actual sword fighting.

If riposte damage doesn't exist, I daresay the devs should add it!

Regardless, despite the crappiness of my little phone, it looks like I'm gonna reach Trial 130+ tonight, and also bring a nice 77 Cleaver and 77 Bracer of Mastery with 199% Cleave back to my new perma warrior afterward. That ain't bad.
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 01-25-2021, 04:05 AM.

Parry triggers Warlord4 Whirlwind. WW triggers Cleaver’s butchery buff. That’s the primary reason people like parry so much. It also triggers Belt of the Templar 3000CR.

Storm of Swords is a bonus skill of Fury2. When you leap or charge, you see a circle of swords/axes flying at your landing spot. That is the Storm of Swords.

Comment

• Texas Jack
      Texas Jack commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh! Sure enough! I'm embarrassed that I missed those!

Thanks! That completely answers all my questions!

To add:

You recieve 50% less damage from enemies each successful parry. I could be wrong tho. Please correct me

Dual-wielding warriors use Lightning Reflexes not for its "Flurry" thingy but for its parry stat it gives. Proof is that no one is using Devastate/DT, so flurry is useless. As mentioned above, with Belt of Templar equipped, the more you parry, the more 2 sec-5k crit rate buff uptime. That way you don't have to worry about crits on equips.

I'm not good at explaining things but I hope it helps.

Comment

• Texas Jack
      Texas Jack commented
      Editing a comment
      Aha! Thanks for dispelling my flurry of confusion!

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it might be 100% reduced damage from melee and 50% reduced damage from ranged. I could be wrong on this though

Originally posted by mousse View Post
    Parry triggers Warlord4 Whirlwind. WW triggers Cleaver’s butchery buff. That’s the primary reason people like parry so much. It also triggers Belt of the Templar 3000CR.

Storm of Swords is a bonus skill of Fury2. When you leap or charge, you see a circle of swords/axes flying at your landing spot. That is the Storm of Swords.
    When i add Vitality to my set it adds like 100k tougness or something but when i add parry instead of vitality it gives 120-150k and depends on lvl of the item, i have a bracer that can give 1million tougness it has CT on it + Vitality + Parry and it is lvl77,

since parry is similar to vitality and im sure it will increase the chance of parry rating but not the Vitality= that will increase the Life because what i know is Vitality increases the Life? this comment is nothing to do with the question, i just want to know if it will be recommended for a warrior to not to put Vitality anymore and instead of Vitality ill put Parry instead? and will not use The ability skill that increase the parry rating by 2000 but will use the shockwave instead so that will be like 25% reduce damage taken from the mobs. do u consider that build? I tried Deflect but i thought Deflect/Parry is similar to Dodge because when the incoming attack were Parried so it is not register as a damage? right?

and deflect will deal alittle damage back to the targer one the one u deflect the damage right? i thought it was something similar to Dodge Rating also.

Comment

• ZyneLgie
      ZyneLgie commented
      Editing a comment
      Without Vitality, you'll be a potato warrior. Even the freezing temperature in the snow map would kill you. *laughs*
      Unless you're using CT'd items, as it adds vitality, you can put some parry. Andddd, shockwave with axe and cleave is like tickling enemies.

ZyneLgie i was thinking adding vitality and parry to my belt but i copy stats at leaderboard only,i no longer playing anb since i dont have time anymore. so instead of adding Vitality or Parry i add Ability Rating. theres a free socket too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Parry chance = P / (P+1000)

You will notice that parry seems to give you more toughness but remember it doesn't factor in bonus you get from skills such as ITZ which is where the majority of your parry will come from.

Warrior has 53 base parry, 400 if you use lightning reflexes, 2k if you use ITZ. That in itself is 71% parry chance.
      if say you had 4 peices of lvl 77 gear with max parry (140) you will only go to 75% parry chance.

When making warrior gear just remember this.. you want power and crit damage on every item!

Comment

• Eternium2020
        Eternium2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes. thank u more power and crit but at what item should i put vitality then. i was like putting

AR.
        vitality
        critical damage
        critical rating, but to other items ill remove AR and add Power instead rest are the same i just replace the AR with Power.

• Romme
        Romme commented
        Editing a comment
        Cts will give vitality, or jewelry and jewelry enchants if you lack cts. I would keep some ar, but you dont need as much as you once did.

• Eternium2020
        Eternium2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok ok will keep that in mind, i only have 1 CT left, and i might think of keeping all the CT + the upcoming anb silver until a perfect item with perfect stats come. thank u.
        Last edited by Eternium2020; 01-27-2021, 08:27 AM. Reason: forgot to say thabk u
    Working...
    X