To pull, or not to pull, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To pull, or not to pull, that is the question

Romme From your video I learned better not to pull those big mobs, but in reality I found it’s hard to avoid those always. Is it ok to pull them when having less mobs? Should we tos them ASAP? What are the techniques to pull efficiently and not get killed? Do you have a guide on that? Thanks in advance!

The trick is to not pull them at all. If you do just abandon and start a new run.

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume that we are talking WW pulls. I too often end up with huge mobs that take forever to kill. So is your strategy just to avoid pulling elites with blue, red, or frost auras?

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      No we are talking about pulling during push. See my 151-155 videos to see how pulling works. Ideally you don't want to pull any elites, especially ones with the auras mentioned above. I'd recommend at most 1 elite group, but again I think its ideal not to pull any elites if the map allows for it

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Any thought about Hamlet?

Thanks Romme! Now I know for sure.

Comment

Romme Ozymandius - what is the mechanics of the pulling? I feel it’s not the case that the more you pull the more likely you get killed. Some pull seems make it better. Is this how it works: the hero parries which starts ww, the ww cleave the mobs and also heal 3% max health from ww axe plus loh, so when will the hero survive or die? Hero dies If more damage than heal I guess.
      Last edited by davidz; 09-10-2021, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        I typically pull mobs using WW, which literally pulls enemies close to the hero (i.e., within their attack range). There is a fine line between pulling a good sized mob and pulling one that will overpower your hero. I agree with Romme that pulling too many elites is either a death sentence or at minimum will slow down your trial clearing times. I play Fury Warrior, so I do not depend on parrying attacks. For me, I use Charge on the first group to get Storm of Swords and a brief stun effect, Leap to damage and pull another nearby group in, then WW to drag them across the board. It works best if you continue your run after WW ends to allow the Tornadoes to sweep over the mob and to put some distance between you and the counterattacks.

I prefer to fully clear one section of the map before moving on to the next one, since it gives you a safe space to pull the new mob. You make a good point about not being surrounded on all sides. Some enemies can only do damage when they are next to your hero, so the fewer enemies you are directly exposed to, the better.

• davidz
        davidz commented
        Editing a comment
        Ozymandius thanks! I will try fury too. You mean 6 fury right? Since 6 fury has doubled SS, should I use the extra SS on the mobs then?

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes,, I use the 6 pc Fury set to get the extra charge and leap. I mostly use the Fury set for XP farming during ANBs, so I haven't checked to see if it works in the new alpha2 version. However, I did see a post from Nhat who said that the promised power up bonus is working now.

Originally posted by Romme View Post
      The trick is to not pull them at all. If you do just abandon and start a new run.
      I'm glad i haven't counted the number of abandoned runs on TL149.... I hate Garm so much, but abandoning bad starts is the only thing keeping my sanity!

Comment

Imagine there’s a god balance point that your life increase is always one point more than the damage, then your hero will get immortality and become a god.

Comment

Romme do you think pull may work without ITZ? It seems to work around 120 TL with LR and a few other parry’s. It will be a new meta with Shockwave (or Deadly Throw or Devastate because of the Flurry from LR) if that works. Have you tried that?
          Last edited by davidz; 09-13-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Romme
            Romme commented
            Editing a comment
            Itz is BIS compared to the other skills available.
            With current values cleave will stillbe the meta. Deadly throw and devastate are bad, lightning reflex bonus won't help them.

I wish dev give us a good Devastate. It will be very effective combined with the Flurry 10 stack 400% CD. Tested with 120 TL, the extra throwing is really fun and Kara seems hate it.
          Last edited by davidz; 09-13-2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Romme
            Romme commented
            Editing a comment
            The lower your fps the longer that animation will take. It also does 1/3 the damage of storm of swords. Devs won't do anything to the damage because it would break the early game

IMO, it should be 3 times of SOS. It is the last kill and it is called Devastate, and it has a long animation.

Comment

• Romme
            Romme commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, except I think it should be 5x the damage of sos

Romme my level is limited, but I tried the throw, the wave and devastate. I guess the wave is the most powerful, but I like devastate the most, it’s a lot of fun to use it.

Comment

Romme at least for me, it gives better result to replace ITZ with DT! I know it doesn’t prove anything but I’m so happy- Elban 123 is dead. My DT is only level 7. I think the good thing about DT is that it is asynchronous, so you can just throw it and forget about it and do whatever else you got to do. Still have a few questions, in boss fight, will all the throws hit the boss, will TOS also boost DT?
            Last edited by davidz; 09-14-2021, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X