Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leap BoM doesn't increase the bleed damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leap BoM doesn't increase the bleed damage?

Why?
    Would it make a bleed build too powerful to challenge the meta?

No idea why it doesn’t boost bleed damage. Same with the shockwave bom only boosting the direct damage part.

But I doubt it would matter much in bom choice. Boosting the primary attack you do 5-7 times a second, will allways be more beneficial than boosting any attack you do once in 5 seconds.

For the same reason 4wl/2f and 6f builds use a cleave bom and shield warriors usually a shield bash bom. I would strongly recommend using a rending slas bom for a bleed warrior. Rending slash bom does boost the bleed part iirc.

The status of the bleed build at the moment is at follows:

The build was once the warrior meta. Then they overhauled casting speed. Since the build depends on firing off multiple shockwaves in succession, this had a big impact on the build. This led to the rise of the cleave meta build.

Then the latest balance changes came with massive boosts in all damage area’s, which were never directly nerfed in the first place. So it is probably a strong contender for meta again, in my opinion. You can with decent AR and attack speed, belt of the whirling storm… easily attain 3 charges of shockwave to unleash every 3s talisman proc.

But no one cares. No one tries. There seems to be little love for the build at least on these forums.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea why it doesn’t boost bleed damage. Same with the shockwave bom only boosting the direct damage part

Shockwave bom definitely gets a boost from both base and bleeds

But I doubt it would matter much in bom choice. Boosting the primary attack you do 5-7 times a second, will allways be more beneficial than boosting any attack you do once in 5 seconds.

Sure this is true for cleave warrior but isn't necessarily the case for other builds. Frostbeam mage, shockwave warrior, shield warrior, havoc bh, ect.

For the same reason 4wl/2f and 6f builds use a cleave bom and shield warriors usually a shield bash bom. I would strongly recommend using a rending slas bom for a bleed warrior. Rending slash bom does boost the bleed part iirc.

Bleed warrior should use shockwave and should use vamparic blades because that's where the big bleed damage comes from.

But no one cares. No one tries. There seems to be little love for the build at least on these forums.

The gameplay is just really slow atm with shockwave taking so long to build charges, with a couple of little tweaks it can compete with cleave. It's about 5-7 trials behind cleave with full endgame gear from what I have personally tested.
      Last edited by Romme; 11-18-2021, 05:01 PM.

OK thanks. I'm actually working on a 4 juggernaut 2 fury combo with the bleeding swords. The crits from 2 pc fury are crazy good for the bleeding swords. Originally I was going 6 juggernaut bleed build but devastate seems to be a little bit unpredictable. Leap with the BoM increasing the bleed damage would be very nice. BoM shockwave works but I find shockwave does plenty of damage on bleeding targets already.

Comment

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      4jugg bonus applies only to base shockwave damage, and does not include the bleeds, so pretty useless.

• Jude Smith
      Jude Smith commented
      Editing a comment
      OK so that makes all jugg pretty useless then. Wish I'd known this before wasting materials and celestials. Back to the drawing board looking for some fun useful spec.
Working...
X