How do these WW abilities interact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do these WW abilities interact?

How does the WL 4-pc proc, the Bladestorm 2-pc bonus, the Belt of Whirling Storms proc, and the WW active ability interact? Do the passive WW abilities get helped by the Bladestorm bonuses?
    DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

all bonuses work the same as if you would start a ww yourself with an active skill. You get the blades just the same, and the pulse and countdown reduction from the belt as well.

That said, the belt’s pulse is useless at higher trials, and storm of swords starts to loose it’s effectiveness soon after. Both are very good for farming tl90-110 though.

the cooldown reduction on the belt is a good thing to have for the two long skills in the barbarians arsenal: shockwave and shield block. On the cleave meta build it’s less useful as you don’t really depend on active skills for your damage, so it doesn’t measure up to Templar belt with its crit boost. On a shield warrior, where your damage depends on the uptime of shield block, belt of the whirling storm looks like the better choice. And if you would want to try and make a workable build with shockwave, you’d need ww belt for the cool-down reduction for shure.

mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Jose Sarmento
      Jose Sarmento commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me get this straight: you're saying that if you have 4 Warlord pieces equipped and Parry an attack, which procs a 1-second Whirlwind attack, that proc'ed WW *also* triggers the 2s cooldown reduction from Belt of the Whirling Storm?

With all respect, I seriously doubt that, since ITZ offered a similar cooldown reduction on parrying, and made for a completely dominant Shockwave build before it was nerfed to only boost damage output...

By "storm of swords", do you mean the 2-pc Fury bonus? I'm using DW fire lily build so crit and shield block aren't relevant right now, but that's good to know if/when I try a shield build. I think I read elsewhere that the if the WW belt procs while casting WW, it will interrupt/overwrite the active WW cast with the belt cast of WW. Is that correct, or even relevant?
    DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah storm of swords is the fury 2 bonus.

I have a (poor) set of wl gear for my ongoing cleave tank build, I’ll slap it on a toon tomorrow together with the belt and check about those specifics. The belt does mess with cooldowns so no idea how it interacts.
Working...
X