Juggernaut in top 100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juggernaut in top 100?

I didn't think it was possible. I just did tl 151 and it took me to 88th place. My gear isn't even finished yet! Well chuffed though.

Awesome! I used to have a top Juggernaut Warrior years ago, but that was when gear was still capped at level 70. Glad to see it back on the leaderboard!

Comment

• Jude Smith
      Jude Smith commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man. Stats and skills and stuff have took some figuring out but I think I'm about there. The trash is the hard bit. Boss goes down in a few hits thinking by the time my gear is 100% could probably do tl 155! Wheel see, got a way's to go yet.

thats very nice. Glad to see other people trying something different, all the warriors are the same build, Im new to the game but one thing I miss is possibiliy to have different builds and still get strong. everybody 6p fury than change 4p warlord 2 p fury is annoying.

Im looking at your warrior, your gear is top, lot of 77 itens already. One thing I dont understand is that you dont use power in any equipment...
    Wouldnt it be better to replace critical rating with power ? With belt of the templar, you get 5.000 CR every attack parried.

Comment

• Jude Smith
      Jude Smith commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Nah I don't like the meta either, I find it rather boring. Power could be the way to go. I'm still figuring stuff out. I started out without In The Zone but with Whirlwind so wanted the bleeding swords crits on everything so stacked crit. I found Whirlwind didn't add enough damage or defence to be worth it so swapped to ITZ. Seems OK so far but still room for improvement. The trash takes most of the time cos only really shockwave doing aoe damage. Devastate puts a massive bleed on mobs when it crits ready for shockwave to kill them. Juggernaut itself isn't a great set but I managed to get it to work with lots of effort and mob choice. I tend to run straight for the elites cos they go down quicker than normal mobs with this build lol.

Very interesting, indeed!
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Jude, quick question: are you using shockwaves one by one? Or do you save up multiple casts hoping to crit the first for a massive bleed to feed the second shockwave?

Been looking at a shockwave based build for next Anb as I need a small break from shield warriors. And I need one of the blades for my pvp set anyways.

Was wondering which way to go: get up bleeds and shockwave once, or save up shockwaves to chain crit. Leaning toward the second one for now, if the fire damage on shockwave crits, the resulting bleed is truly massive. But I don’t know if I can get up crit rate high enough to consistently crit shockwave after shockwave. But if I find a way to do that, that might solve the problems you describe for mob phase.
      mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Generally the shockwave 2 stack heal buff needs to be up at all times during the mob phase or its game over in a second. For the boss there hasn't been enough time on the clock to wait for them to stack. I get a massive bleed from devastate which if shockwave crits the boss is dead in 1 hit anyways. You can't gather a ton of mobs with this build either cos defensively it's rather rubbish, just have to take them bit by bit and hope you get to the boss in time

How does devastate add bleed to the target? It isn’t written anywhere I think

Comment

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        The Vampiric Blades set adds a bleed when you crit with certain attacks. I assume Devastate is one of these attacks but I'm not sure now with some information I recently heard.

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right, it's not written. BUT Leap at level 10 procs for 15 full seconds of bleed. Then if you spam Devastate (@L10), it reduces enemy healing by a full 50%, and blood and guts are everywhere -- PLUS with the 6-piece bonus, you get an additional 2100 of Power for 6 seconds. Lethal triple whammy!
        Last edited by WarriorSeven; 01-13-2022, 03:38 PM.

• Kardinaal
        Kardinaal commented
        Editing a comment
        Afaik any critical hit results in a bleed effect for the same damage every second. And since devastate hits up to 8 times for big damage with that extra power, there should be a few hits in there that crit and thus make a few big extra bleeds.

So I’ll be trying one for Anb, but I’m gonna try and get some chain action going on shockwave. With no ar or extra’s whatsoever I can get two shockwaves recharged in 30 seconds. Couple that with talisman of unbridled fury and Templar belt for huge crit rate, and I should be able to mow down mobs.

High parry should go a long way toward survivability and works wonders coupled with flurry on this build. Companion skills to further manage the mobs (thinking warrior 2 healers) should also do a lot for freeing up shockwave so I can burst it. For the 3rd skill I’ll be using deadly throw instead of jump, to have an easier time gathering mobs.

The only dilemma I still have is what to do on the AR front. With high investment a 10s recharge time on shockwave is possible, opening up possibilities like endless double healing stacks and 3 shockwave burst. But it takes 3k ar total (so around 2.1k on gear if you subtract cl and integralas bonuses). So it will take up a lot of gear slots. Just leaving ar at base level and keeping with 2 shockwave burst would mean a lot of extra armour and vit toward survivability…

So still working out the finer points .
      mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

Comment

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Defense is definitely an issue with juggernaut and using the critical strike trinket instead of the critical damage one is interesting, I never saw much potential in that one. Good luck though, I look forward to hearing your results

In mostly purple xp gear with decent weapons and lvl 10 shockwave, and two healers to move and keep interest from the mobs, I am managing to amass quite a bit of mobs and let go with shockwave.

The build has a more “ranged” feel to it, in that I need the companion skills to manage and stun mobs (healer followed by warrior can stun for 10s) giving time to gather more mobs so right before the 30s mark I can use that last healer skill (also is the timer I use to predict the talisman bonus).

This frees up shockwave for burst use and the occasional panic heal or “loosing the mob” whoosh .

How\if this will work at higher trials, no idea, but at least for exp farming it works pretty well. With 300 cl I am at tl 90, 2.30 min. So at least it’s a build that lets you farm.

Comment

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear it's going well for you so far. Yeah the higher trials may be tougher defensively but with 2 healers and a sound strategy you never know until you try. Good luck

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the update. This is very interesting.

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Sooooo. How'd your anb go? I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to hear

My build recently dropped out of the top 100 and I havnt managed to get anywhere near a good enough time yet. All that hard work to fail so close to the end of the season feels bad, but at least I tried

Does the difficulty all of a sudden shoot up from tl 151 to 152. I completed tl 151 with just under a minute left but on 152 most of the time I only manage half a bar when the timer runs out. It's very strange, the normal mobs seem to have double health and the elites seem to do double damage.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        I think this all verifies that Juggernaut is indeed a competitive meta. Very nice to have yet another option!
    Working...
    X