Why cleave for meta build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why cleave for meta build?

I was wondering why cleave is preferred for warrior meta builds? Seems like rending slash plus vampiric blades would be a good combo. Plus RS can hit mobs that aren't in front of you.
    DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

The cleave bom gives 200% instead of 100% for rs bom.

The cleaver is 400% while viscerus is 100%.

And rs does a fixed 75% weapon damage to all targets while cleave damage % goes up with skill level.

Yup. I think that’s all of them
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinaal View Post

And rs does a fixed 75% weapon damage to all targets while cleave damage % goes up with skill level.

What is "bom"?
      DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Bracer of Mastery

• PhoenixFitz
        PhoenixFitz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Originally posted by Kardinaal View Post

BoM is irrelevant in this case because I'm not wasting all the crafting mats in ANB on trying to get a BoM with the right bonus.

If I'm building a parry meta warrior with warlords armor and without a BoM or fire lily (crit monkey), does it still make sense to use cleave/bladestorm instead of rending slash/vampiric blades? Isn't the 10x 1000% DOT enough to make up for the direct cleave damage? I wouldn't get a lot of benefit from the bladestorm bonus on a meta build.

DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Cleave is the meta because its the tried and tested method. If you look at the top 100 on leaderboards, I'd say about 95 of those are doing the same thing. The other 5 are either doing something they enjoy or are trying to find something else that works. So far nothing works as good as the cleave build, that's why it's the meta

• Jude Smith
        Jude Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Also as you say 1000% x 10 stacks of bleed damage over 15 seconds. That's only like 666% damage per second. Cleave does 380%? 2 hits per second is better with cleave, most builds have at least 4 hits per second. Which would be over 1500% dps. And that's without bladestorm and the 200% bom. The rending slash bom only affects the direct damage, not the bleed. Cleave also reduces enemy damage which helps a lot in higher levels.

• PhoenixFitz
        PhoenixFitz commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, that makes sense. What is usually the secondary ability, cleave or frenzy?

Cleave main and frenzy second coupled with charm of quol. The 30% extra attack speed bonus from frenzy further increases the dps of cleave.

Comment

Working...
      X