Laggy Leap Shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laggy Leap Shenanigans

Even on 1/3 resolution settings and dmg numbers etc off, my potato phone still lags a bit. I noticed however that under certain conditions (which I'm still figuring out) that you can cut your leap short.

When you decide to cut your leap short in mid air it seems that they drop immediately to the ground and run somewhat fast (like 1/2 charge speed) towards the end point of where the leap would've landed.

Could this be used to spawn a bunch of tornadoes for pushing TL?

You can indeed cut it short, clicking the ground just to the outside of your mob cluster will cancel the jump. Not sure if canceling it is helpful outside of getting yourself back to the ground faster(dragon fight, mid jump, starts casting the death circle and you cancel the jump to run away). However it's very helpful when used for a double jump or lead into a charge right after. Seeing as how while in mid air during leap, your view distance increases, and casting a second leap or a charge at that increased max distance, will cover a greater distance once landed. You can see it in the video.
    there's a group of us silently battling to see who can finish a trial fastest. Some of these monsters can complete a trial in around 30 secs, give or take. Using this trick. Because yes, it will spawn tornadoes the entire distance. It's a blast when you're in the groove. I was rushing the video so you don't see me doing great, but you'll get the idea I think.
    Last edited by Skyla; 09-09-2022, 09:19 PM.
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	leap.png Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	214324
      Originally posted by Skyla View Post
      https://youtu.be/rrBcHCGuITU
      You can indeed cut it short, clicking the ground just to the outside of your mob cluster will cancel the jump. Not sure if canceling it is helpful outside of getting yourself back to the ground faster(dragon fight, mid jump, starts casting the death circle and you cancel the jump to run away). However it's very helpful when used for a double jump or lead into a charge right after. Seeing as how while in mid air during leap, your view distance increases, and casting a second leap or a charge at that increased max distance, will cover a greater distance once landed. You can see it in the video.
      there's a group of us silently battling to see who can finish a trial fastest. Some of these monsters can complete a trial in around 30 secs, give or take. Using this trick. Because yes, it will spawn tornadoes the entire distance. It's a blast when you're in the groove. I was rushing the video so you don't see me doing great, but you'll get the idea I think.
      So it's like this right? You cast at the peak when your view is maximized at which point you cast another leap/charge so you travel further and hence spawn more mini WW's

However, what I've been trying to mess about with is what I call "bouncing" where, in the part when you cut your leap short, you actually go up and down a bunch of times and spawn a ton of mini WW's. The biggest number I've ever seen myself do is 38 on a single enemy in a mob pack ̶i̶.̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶. I only recently managed to figure out that lag makes bouncing easier since I tried to do it on a boss and couldn't bounce until I turned resolution from 1/3 to full lmao. Hence the "laggy" in the title.
      Last edited by ; 09-09-2022, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, yes.
        Ahh I see what you mean, that does seem like a ton of tornadoes. Could be something with the lag haha

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Was just wondering if anyone else has tried it since it seems like a great idea to push TL's

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmyes.png
Views:	311
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	214365
      This is just for demonstration and theory purposes but from my experience iirc the most you can do before the air time of the leap just fizzles out to nothing is going up and/or down about 9 or 10 times unlike the 8 in the picture I drew. Also like the picture I drew sometimes you end up on the ground sometimes the sky for which the latter you fall down with what little leap time you had left.

With the best case scenario I've now seen 40 mini WW's on a single enemy in a mob pack which is a cool record but while I still don't know how to consistently replicate it ,the best so far I can do is pull literally half the map with WW ( ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶?̶), leap a small distance e.g to the edge of the non compressed mob pack, then spam tap a little further away from the direction of the leap and the location of the leap I drew (or where the leap would've landed).

Because of the non consistency it's a little hard to get this working well (and thus recording a good one is harder than I thought ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶), so I guess I take this back about being used to push TL's lol.

Comment

In higher Trials, more noticeable, it really seems to work to constantly abort leaps (tap the ground immediately after leap is triggered} both with bosses and maybe more importantly mobs. Keeping the mob size just right, it seems to stop one from dying and still do more dmg since casts follow up on each other almost nonstop. If you do get too large a mob it helps to split it up first by running/casting away with only part of the too large mob following.

Tried this just for fun this ANB (bronze....18?) and it seems to work.
        Was roadblocked @131 for ages, despite adding 2*slayers, improving gear etc. In the end it was this playing style , maybe together with a change from Qool to ToP which got me past 131. This was using a suboptimal, lazy, Lily build with all jewelry still xp&xg.....

Did not want to invest much time or gems, but in the end got carried away @ trying to get Margoth to his knees....in the end the leap abortion method seems to have played a decisive role....

Anyway if any of the novice warriors, like me, have not tried it....give it a go...

P.S. Nogemsbali really should be "Fewgemsbali"....I did end up spending some, but only 1 ability upgrade, no boosters/crates P.p.s. Quite happy to have squeezed the Lily all the way to 132... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-09-25-17-16-32-162_com.makingfun.mageandminions.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	214461
        Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
        [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

So after somehow being able this AnB to bounce a ton without intending to, I decided to look at the fps counter to put a bit of my theory to the test and indeed it appears that bouncing happens best when at under 10 fps, potato potata but the side effects so far of consistently running a super laggy device is that at least for me when I cast skills, they don't actually happen. Such occurrences exist randomly, I can't find such a pattern for it.

Comment

This post is perhaps the most important one in the development which I discovered like just now running around on TL 95 this AnB.

It is possible to make the bouncing consistent.
            I did so by spam tapping my character when I'm in the air.

By taking a closer look at what happens when I actually spam tap the screen it looks like I'm just constantly changing target and ensuring that when switching targets there is sizeable distance between us, maybe that's why I bounce so much. Fleshing specifically this part out here when I spam tap, the reason I Initially thought that tapping outside the mob pack worked very rarely and randomly was because when I did so, I was actually tapping and switching between lots of mobs not in my pack and away from me. So now I take back what I said in the 4th post in this thread.A very important corollary of this tech is that this works best when you haven't got lvl 10 leap because it chains enemies to you and thus tapping them with no sizeable distance next to you won't let you bounce. Additionally due to the chaining, the more enemies chained the less mobs left around and therefore the less enemies to tap to bounce. In which case lvl 9 leap is the optimal choice.So I guess I gotta delete my first warrior and make this new AnB one my main now.

Of course the next question is whether this works on bosses and the answer is in the line above. You can't because there's only a single target. Technically you can if you have a mob pack in the distance you can use but that's if you can focus well enough.

A good indicator of whether what you're doing actually works but you're not getting bouncing, is if you see your character moving in the direction you tapped but the animation of them is running along said direction at a somewhat 80% of your current speed. You probably just needed to spam tap some mobs instead of nothing. ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶t̶y̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶r̶l̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶r̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶m̶a̶p̶ This scenario here, if you already gathered what happens, is if you cut your leap short as stated by Skyla in the 2nd post in this thread and proceed to spam tap outside the mob pack.

The only thing left for me to do get an actual gif of this happening but that depends on my laziness.

Either way I'd like to see some people try messing about with this and running it in trials to see if this can actually push 6fury to be a little better.
            Last edited by ; 10-10-2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Proof of what exactly I'm talking about is in the following video

Upload and share videos instantly. It's free and simple. No signup required.

where the last leap in the last couple of seconds is the quintessential example of what I have been discussing above.
              Note that showed taps so this is hopefully more easily reproduced by others.

totally didn't fail to cast charge 6 secs in, i didn't die you didn't see anything o.o

Edit: The last leap in the video when performed very well and with both charges of leap consecutively I have recently managed to witness the new record of the number of tornadoes on a single enemy as 50 up from 40 from the 4th post in this thread. I'll post a pic of proof someday I'm sure... Will also be interesting to calculate the change in damage and dps in the mob phase when not doing this stuff and perhaps draw a conclusion on what the effects are besides the obvious increase in tornado dmg.
              Last edited by ; 10-19-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X