Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any data or info on how much the accuracy of casting a SoS on a boss affects dps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any data or info on how much the accuracy of casting a SoS on a boss affects dps?

Clearly a question bc I'm on mobile. As far as my fat fingers go it's obvious that if the SoS casted was a cm away from the boss in game, then dps is lower than if I casted a SoS essentially with the boss as the centre.

Accuracy is clearly important but how much so? Is there any info on the splash radius and what this looks like on SoS in a picture or similar which would greatly help determine the leniency in accuracy?

You can test it out in the training ground.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Will have to think a little bit on how to test exactly what I need and how I will go about testing these.

As a start on this question while testing effects of NaD and PhD on SoS and Tornadoes I noticed that when I cast SoS with the enemy near the top right hand corner of the arena, that SoS damage was about 250k instead of the usual 350k and so it makes sense to me to state the observation that environment does indeed affect your dps, so if you're going to maximize SoS damage then an open area with no obstacles is optimal. From this it is possible to state another question/observation which would be that if SoS does have splash damage then either it's not large enough to reach through the wall, it has no splash damage at all or the splash damage is blocked by environment or other obstacles.

Comment

Working...
    X