No announcement yet.

Join the Android Closed Beta for 1.2.56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more trials. Elban is stupidly hard... life drain is rediculous. Can't even move away fast enough with 16.3 mv spd to get away from it. I wI'll no longer play trials it is simply rediculous to make a boss that hard. I have quit games for less and will probably do the same with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahira View Post
      No more trials. Elban is stupidly hard... life drain is rediculous. Can't even move away fast enough with 16.3 mv spd to get away from it. I wI'll no longer play trials it is simply rediculous to make a boss that hard. I have quit games for less and will probably do the same with this one.
      It's called rage quitting and isn't a very mature thing to do. Get movement speed on BOTH the pants AND the boots.

Comment

Just run it at a lower level.

Also, is it my imagination or are bosses no longer randomized but fixed per level? I have to test this but I seem to recall getting the same boss over and over on certain levels. Could be intentional, a bug, or my imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post

Just run it at a lower level.

Also, is it my imagination or are bosses no longer randomized but fixed per level? I have to test this but I seem to recall getting the same boss over and over on certain levels. Could be intentional, a bug, or my imagination.
          You're correct the bosses are set per the level and not random
          Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

Originally posted by Cmptrwhz View Post

You're correct the bosses are set per the level and not random
            Thanks.

This is yet ANOTHER change in this beta that I find baffling. It makes it simple to avoid any boss you happen to have trouble with, so you never have to deal with them except once for an unlock. Why?

Comment

Thanks.

This is yet ANOTHER change in this beta that I find baffling. It makes it simple to avoid any boss you happen to have trouble with, so you never have to deal with them except once for an unlock. Why?
              On the other hand, you can't abandon the level just to avoid the boss. You don't get to increase without figuring him out. And you're guaranteed to get them again in X levels.

​​​​​​There are only three complete atm, but they've saod they're reworking all. I don't recall seeing whether they'd move to random.
              VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

You don't need any movement in pants and boots and ability to run away (25% from CP). I was doing it many times but you need good timing. If you get any item with movement it will be much easier all items + ability make it just a piece of cake to run away if you look at him what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
                  On the other hand, you can't abandon the level just to avoid the boss.
                  Actually, you can, if you just want to get champion levels.

And if you want to get CLs and loot, you can just play the highest level trial that has whatever boss you find easiest to deal with, until you get strong enough to jump a few more trial levels and do it again. Assuming they repeat every three levels, you can fight your "pet boss" 99% of the time, only doing the others once when needed for unlocks.

I don't get that design change at all, personally. And I say this as someone who has a pet boss and benefits from it.

Comment

Actually, you can, if you just want to get champion levels.

And if you want to get CLs and loot, you can just play the highest level trial that has whatever boss you find easiest to deal with, until you get strong enough to jump a few more trial levels and do it again. Assuming they repeat every three levels, you can fight your "pet boss" 99% of the time, only doing the others once when needed for unlocks.

I don't get that design change at all, personally. And I say this as someone who has a pet boss and benefits from it.
                    I suppose (?) that's true. But that seems lile you're purposely doing the thing you said you don't want to do. I don't see how a game would stop you from doing lesser levels. The rewards are there if you continue.

One minor point to alao consider, you'll stop jumping levels in the 60s or 70s,depending on your build. If you look at the leaderboard, you'll see (nearly) everyone with high times. Super-duper high CL players aside.
                    Last edited by abc127; 10-08-2017, 06:31 PM.
                    VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Eat an apple or pop a potion, it'll get you through the drain till you get far enough away

Don't know if it's done as a ratio oc your level or you health, but and apple will increment you to full health, potion does me about 4/5ths of a bar
                      Last edited by Dave; 10-08-2017, 06:49 PM.
                      Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                        It's called rage quitting and isn't a very mature thing to do. Get movement speed on BOTH the pants AND the boots.
                        You are right it it but doesnt change the way I feel. Telling me what I'm doing rong doesn't change the fact that, that his drain is way to high.

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
                          I suppose (?) that's true. But that seems lile you're purposely doing the thing you said you don't want to do. I don't see how a game would stop you from doing lesser levels. The rewards are there if you continue.
                          Well, you said you can't abandon the level without fighting the boss or increase without figuring them out. You can. You don't have to, but you can. Just as people ran TBD ten zillion times before when they had more challenging options available.

I have played many games where this isn't possible. You simply get less XP the more you grind easy stuff until there's no point doing it any more at all.

And hey, it's not like I can do high-end trials and love the boss battles but am forcing myself to do easy ones just for the sake of it. The hardest I've unlocked so far is 42. I maybe could get to 45. But I can do 35 easily while watching a baseball game. The loot from all of these levels sucks -- the legendary drop rate doesn't start to really increase until the 50s, per the dev team. (Chance is 0.5% at level 1 and a little over 5% at level 51, which means the difference between 30 and 40 is negligible.) So I'm getting junk either way -- can't remember the last time I got an item worth keeping -- I have to do "hit and run" boss fights I dislike either way, but on a lower level I get XP faster, I don't have to spend 3 minutes running back and forth dodging orange arrows, and I don't have to risk having to redo the entire fight if I get stuck in a corner or something. Why wouldn't I do that?

The only thing that makes sense at CL 140, which is where I am, is to work on getting more CLs. Until I can do trials in the 60s, pushing myself accomplishes nothing other than making me feel frustrated. Even getting more CLs is basically an act of faith in the devs that someday I will be able to use them for something.

Maybe I'll view things differently at your level. But most people will never get where you are, because, well, not going to repeat it all again.
                          Last edited by Qeltar; 10-08-2017, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Well, you said you can't abandon the level without fighting the boss or increase without figuring them out. You can. You don't have to, but you can. Just as people ran TBD ten zillion times before when they had more challenging options available.

I have played many games where this isn't possible. You simply get less XP the more you grind easy stuff until there's no point doing it any more at all.

And hey, it's not like I can do high-end trials and love the boss battles but am forcing myself to do easy ones just for the sake of it. The hardest I've unlocked so far is 42. I maybe could get to 45. But I can do 35 easily while watching a baseball game. The loot from all of these levels sucks -- the legendary drop rate doesn't start to really increase until the 50s, per the dev team. (Chance is 0.5% at level 1 and a little over 5% at level 51, which means the difference between 30 and 40 is negligible.) So I'm getting junk either way -- can't remember the last time I got an item worth keeping -- I have to do "hit and run" boss fights I dislike either way, but on a lower level I get XP faster, I don't have to spend 3 minutes running back and forth dodging orange arrows, and I don't have to risk having to redo the entire fight if I get stuck in a corner or something. Why wouldn't I do that?

The only thing that makes sense at CL 140, which is where I am, is to work on getting more CLs. Until I can do trials in the 60s, pushing myself accomplishes nothing other than making me feel frustrated. Even getting more CLs is basically an act of faith in the devs that someday I will be able to use them for something.

Maybe I'll view things differently at your level. But most people will never get where you are, because, well, not going to repeat it all again.
                            Fair enough on how other games are and how we could go pop TBD over and over.

I can't help myself here (playful) - but I have to ask if you're still running tank mage? you *could* run the boring stuff - which is what all of us did for ages to get to high levels (they came with pain, practice, and time)... Or you *could* change the build and play with other tools that the game is giving you (maybe you are).

I do completely agree about the low level drops. if i weren't able to get above 30-50, i'd feel the same way about the gear, and wanting to just call it a day. I hope that gets balanced a little more; you have to have a reason to aim at the trials, and they've definitely built it so once you get past story, trials is your way up. The dev team has said they're looking at new ways to level people much more quickly (in prep for PvP). I think that's one of two steps - you need to level to feel good, but you need at least SOME rewards too. CLs aren't the only way to go higher.
                            VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

I think the main problem for moderate players is the GEMSTONES. @DEVS now it's obvious you have successfully made an SKILL-TO-WIN game, why not providing a better way for us to buy gemstones? A player will never win until he gets enough skills regardless how rich he is.

I don't have the time for grinding gemstones, but I do love to play this game, please let us buy gemstones directly

ETA: In order to not make it OP, you may allow each player to buy 100 perfect gemstones at a lower price, then go back to the old way after that.
                              Last edited by 123Klutz; 10-09-2017, 04:47 AM.
                              For Gold And Glory

Comment

PicsArt_10-09-01.05.38.jpg
                                An observation that some may find interesting.

Eternium has over 5 million downloads. Yet there are only 389 Characters on the Trial Leaderboards (7 belong to me). The Beta release was only advertised on the Making Fun Forum - is it therefore fair to conclude that there are only about 150 to 200 active Forum users/players?

Food for thought.
                                RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X