ANB Gold League #23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB Gold League #23

We're a go for ANB Gold #23 starting Friday, June 16, at 17:00 UTC. So, now is the time to get your ducks in a row to prepare for this 6-hour playtime, the most challenging of the 3 ANBs.

War Supplies will be finishing up in advance of the ANB, which is the "new" schedule -- that is, until it changes again, LOL!

Thinking of trying Juggernaut for the very first time, not because I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but because after looking at the build, it is very tanky, which I seem to gravitate toward (I'm not quite ready to delve into a Shield Warrior, just yet). The Juggernaut could become a (competing?) main depending how well I like to play it compared with my farmer 6Fury.

Good luck to everyone, and remember the most important thing is to have fun!

Last edited by WarriorSeven; 06-16-2023, 02:39 PM.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

For those that are using the method during ANB to run Daily Quests with a Main Hero and then collect the Quest Rewards with their ANB Toon (all legitimate), please be aware of an issue brought to our attention by LodWig on the Discord server, and further explained here on this Forum.

It appears that 2 Daily Quest "remnants" -- those artifacts/icons that temporarily appear in your Main Toon's inventory, particularly after "Lost Souls" or "Deadwood Splinters" runs, and then disappear after the Daily Quest Reward is claimed by your ANB Toon -- do NOT, in fact, disappear, and unfortunately stay in your Main Hero's inventory.

Other Daily Quests (certainly not all) that generate artifact/icon "remnants" by a Main Hero -- such as "Flora of Nirgal", "Mushrooms", etc., etc. -- behave as expected and the remnants disappear after the Daily Quest reward is claimed by the ANB Toon. So the issue describe above is localized to only 2 Daily Quests out of the many.

LodWig noted this issue has been around since game revision 1.5.100
    ​, only being made aware to some of as we all cycle through the long list of Daily Quests.

Travis | Support Mgr. checked with the Devs/programmers and they are aware of this issue, which apparently was not fully tested but ostensibly partially implemented. We can only assume it will be addressed again and hopefully fixed sometime in the future, amid all the various other issues the programmers are working for this live version of Eternium.

This issue can drive a few to a froth. So, if either of these 2 "remnants" stick around in your Main Toon's inventory and really bother you -- and until this is finally fixed by the Devs -- the current fix is to patiently wait for either Daily Quest of "Lost Souls" or "Deadwood Splinters" to cycle again, and then use your Main Toon hero (with that remnant in his/her inventory) to run that quest AND claim
    the rewards (old and new!), NOT involving your ANB Toon at all. The remnant will disappear.

Another option is to leave the remnant in inventory and delete that toon at the "right" time. Some do this, if, for example the toon was a farmer that 5-starred all the Story Runs and had no further use as a farmer or further gameplay development.

Travis | Support Mgr. says he cannot remove these remnants as a going concern, so it is up to us users to fix this issue ourselves.​

Anyhoo ... just another thing to be aware of, especially at this stage of this ANB. Hang in there, all!

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      For clarity: before 1.5.100, all quest items remained in the inventory of the toon(s) that collected them, as long as the same quest wasn't claimed by said toon(s). Since 1.5.100, this remains true only for Lost Souls and Deadwood Splinters. So there is progress!

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
    Travis | Support Mgr. checked with the Devs/programmers and they are aware of this issue, which apparently was not fully tested but ostensibly partially implemented. We can only assume it will be addressed again and hopefully fixed sometime in the future, amid all the various other issues the programmers are working for this live version of Eternium.​
    This isn't entirely true. I didn't have to check with the devs today. The fix for this issue was intended to be in the 1.6.6 update, but when testing the issue, we found some problems with the fix. As a result, the changes made to address this issue were removed (branched). As far as I know, no portion of this fix remained in 1.6.6. The fix for this issue has been pushed off until the update currently scheduled for mid-July.

Comment

I'm honestly trying to report something I've seen and I'm not lying to ya, man! MOST of the fix IS working for at least LodWig and me (are we special instances, is the effect limited to some users and not others, etc.?).

The ONLY remnants that remain (not working for me) are from my runs prior to and during this current ANB for the Lost Souls and Deadwood Splinters Daily Quests. I believe I started seeing this new effect SINCE 1.6.6. was issued.
      Last edited by WarriorSeven; 06-17-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Anyone else banging their head against a wall now when it comes to BoM crafting? I've been searching the Swamp all day and not found one that I was looking for. Oh how the devs have tried to sink us.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          In all fairness, the Devs fixed an exploit that shouldn't have existed. We're now at the mercy of chance to secure the ideal BOM.

We are indeed fortunate to still have Pythia working to help with general crafting.

What's that saying? "You don't know how good it feels until you stop beating your head against the wall?"

Having a very relaxed run. Almost recovered the gems spent (Character skill slots, 1 x Companion slot, 1 x Skill upgrade slot, 1 each of the 50 gem resource crates, 100 gems on gold, and the 'Shop' offer 400 gems for 2 x 200% exp and 2 x 200% Currency booster). 1-70 done in 14 mins with basic non-set gear running Trials once I hit lvl 10. 30 mins in having used the remaining 16 mins of the initial exp booster running TL70. Up to CL500 (or a little over) and just collected Eileen. Using ephemeral cubes for gear and will slowly upgrade to legendary pieces. Hoping to craft a lvl 77 exp farming Sash of the Igniter and then just collect the tier rewards up to TL130. Doubt I'll bother with a Push set, it won't be needed for my modest aims this time around. ​​

Comment

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm wondering if I should adopt a strategy like this, especially during ANB Gold. Just be lazy and accumulate needed items and.simply forget about the rat race to.compete. And at what cost in gems and essences? It's a freakin' sink of your resources! The difference is Wispy sits on a pedestal in gameplay no matter what class he plays, vs me as a player who sucks and is average at best.

Will likely still get a low medal in trials, but with 3 hours left, I'm going to be thoroughly satisfied in getting one needed L77 item and 2 CTs -- it doesn't get much better than this!

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          WarriorSeven *blushes* and don't be so hard on yourself!! It's certainly fun running DfA with only one vortex, thankfully I'm still only at TL80 so Shatter is still doing the heavy lifting and DfA there for elites and Kara.

-Update-
          Probably stuck around at TL70 a little too long but running that consistently under 40 secs meant the CLs were rolling in nice and fast even if the drops / BoL were poor. Have moved up to TL80 and averaging just under 50sec per run for now. 75 mins in and CL1008 reached. DfA up to lvl 9 and on it's way to 10 along with Frostbeam, which I'll need to go poke at TL130 much later. Used the Mushroom stew for 15mins of 100% exp boost and start upgrading gear to legendary. I should have a full legendary set by now, but for whatever reason I started crafting BoM whenever a lvl 72 was expected even though I was doing just fine with no bonus - as it is I have a Frost Bolt BoM for now. Just Pants, Boots and then the Sash of Igniter to go. Going to need a small gold farm at Severed Mountain at some stage since I'm not putting any +Gold in the build as I also want to see if I can get Firelily DfA to be viable for exp farming at TL102 in an ANB event...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230617-174324.png Views:	0 Size:	269.8 KB ID:	218474 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230621-225430.png Views:	0 Size:	278.5 KB ID:	218475
        ANB #23 Gold Veterans:
        Looks like 73 stars.
        +100 Synergy.
        +1415 CL.
        Two decent Crafted xp. items.
        Made back gems.
        Rank top +100.

Happy Hunting!
        ~S~​
        Last edited by Wisp; 06-24-2023, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Decided to run story through to completion and 5 star a few maps along the way. I now have 800 gems more than I started with which is nice. Have reached CL1882 with 1hr 45min left on the clock. Was running TL100 in an average of around 50-51 seconds, and had a little look at TL102 where I got a 53 second clear, but the average was much higher than TL100 (60 - 70 but I didn't do enough runs to get a better picture). Given I was playing DfA and only had one Healer and therefore only one vortex I'm pleased with that. I've successfully crafted a lvl 77 exp farming Sash of the Igniter, so my Experience Farm build for outside ANB will be more or less complete once Gold has finished (Bracer of Mastery could be improved but the rng is just to terrible to bother wasting materials on that). I'll go clear TL110 after some sleep to grab the second Celestial. Once TL130 is done I might just spend some time 5-starring and getting some more tasty tasty gems back

Comment

• WarriorSeven
            WarriorSeven commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting. Another approach during Gold I wouldn't have thought about. Thanks for sharing, Rob!

Final synergy cooking and no play today after some fierce late_night battlefields.
          Had a personal best under 15min. 70run (with GMC), nothing compared to 10 minutes like the pros, but happy about it.
          Then went on to Arcanist farming straight on. Had to use real money, 1st time ever for ANB, & get one of the packages, by accident really - because I overspent on gems early on & would have ended up not having enough for 200% boosters Which in turn would have been a waste on all efforts this far, since it was planned as a "seriously achieve best personal Gold ranking -ANB and spend near to all leftover gems" anyway.
          So did have an unusally smooth start thanks to that blunder. Because of my lousy farming skills and still getting those ArcFarm subtleties in line, only managed 1870ish CL (should have been 19xxish).
          SCRpush-crafting went well, except for a very late 2nd 77 (#118), but thanks to the big spending early on, that got to the end of the show with hardly any time spent on extra goldfarming (ran XP\XG gear & jewelry).
          Had an, for my standards anywayz, unusually smooth push part1. Good times in the 125-135ish range, few map abandons and my first big fail @147 (already 5 trials above Gold personal best). 2 or 3 fails with TBD, but managed to break him in the end.
          Final battle(s) with Elban scheduled for tomorrow
          Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
          [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
            Bali_Lenni commented
            Editing a comment
            update:
            ..well ...Elban did it again - that mean KomodoPrayingMantisLizard !
            Miserable fail with many map abandons (bad mob phase starts) and 3 near misses. Waiting game out of my hands. Forget about today, cherish yesterday's run in memory, close the book, move on.

⚡️ Harken oh ghastly gargantuan Garmrish dragon ! Thine is the greatest burden. Be whole once more and guardeth the Breaking Point ! TBD holdeth your ground ! ⚡️

☺️

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations on on getting a new personal best in Gold!

• Bali_Lenni
            Bali_Lenni commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much indeed !

Final play for the event. Popped the 20 minute Ethereal Ice Tea for the "Push" to TL130 - ended up running TL116, 128, 131 and 133 in exp farming gear for a provisional 46th place finish. After that I used the remainder of the Ice Tea time on running TL100. With that done I still had time on the clock so ran story maps all the way through heroic and legendary. Ended up with CL1904 which isn't quite enough to get me a CL on my main account, but will take no time at all to farm the remaining 3B exp (a task for this evening!). From a gem perspective, I started out with 10,200, spent about 1,100 and finished the event with 11,400 - with an extra 1k from Season taking me up to a healthy 12,400 balance! All in all a very nice and relaxing event, all goals achieved and plenty of resources brought back to the main account. Very tempted to do a similar run for Bronze...
          Last edited by ; 06-26-2023, 08:39 PM. Reason: Typo correction

Comment

Working...
          X