Can anyone out there relate??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone out there relate??

This is the 4th time I have been robbed of my high level item. I'm going to try and explain this to the best of my ability so it is clear what keeps happening. I'm in these ANB's for 2 reasons... to increase my CL's and to CT 2 items for my seasonal BH build. I paid $19.99 for 2600 gems for a Legendary crafters box in order to assure my goal of a 77 and 76- unless I encountered the dreaded 71, which sucks, but I could live with that. And I have.
    I'm playing at work using my mobile data. (And in this lies the heart of the issue...mobile data)
    So I'm using Pythia and I'm at 35% chance of lvl 77....Bingo!! This is the moment, or soon will be, that my time invested and money invested pays off, right? Hell no. Wrong...very wrong. It's turned into a moment where anger, frustration and disappointment fill my being and thoughts of deleting my account and finally giving Diablo Immortal a try enter my brain.
    So normally, when I hit the forge icon to craft the item it switches to a screen that says "tap to continue". After a few seconds (if data connection is good) it switches to a hammer striking an anvil with lightning streaks flashing. Then your item appears and the levels started rolling. When it stops on the level, the attributes roll and you just tap out of that screen, check your inventory and have your new crafted item. However, sometimes, when you start the craft by tapping the forge icon, it will linger on the screen "tap to continue", then a box pops up saying you're offline. The word "okay" is there for you to tap and a 5 second counter ticks down. While this is happening, strangely you can see, dimly in the background, your item appear and watch the levels roll. In my case just now I watched a pair of lvl 77 Havoc gloves get crafted. BUT, when you go to your inventory they aren't there. No materials have been spent, however... great, right? That's how it should be. So all I should have to do is get back online, craft my item again and get my lvl 77 gloves. The problem is it counts your craft in regard to the crafting sequences and the next craft ain't no lvl 77. It's usually a 72. Your 77 just got skipped and you might as well delete your character and start over. Thing is I just spent $19.99 for the mats for this 77 and I sure as **** ain't spending it again. And what's funny is this is my 17th craft with this anb toon and why did it only happen on the lvl 77 item? Like I said, this is the 4th 76 or higher I've lost in the last 3 months due to this issue. Of course I'd rather play at home on my wifi connection, but here is where I have opportunity to play. Can you guys fix it so if you suddenly go offline during a craft it's NOT counted in regard to the mathmatically sequenced odds that the crafting of levels follows? Otherwise what am I doing other than wasting my money and time? I wonder, does anyone else relate??
    And I wonder, does this happen in Diablo Immortal? I'll tell you this much... I'm extremely close to finding out.
    ​​​​

This happens because there is some code in place to deter/prevent some crafting exploits. It's not ideal, but with Eternium being almost entirely client based (as opposed to server based), we have few options to deter cheating.

Comment

So using pythia is considered cheating?

Comment

I feel you, I am on my fifth ANB with no 77 (I don't spend a lot of money though)

Comment

Proper use of Pythia will "guarantee" an L77 drop within the first 64 crafts ... and, more often than not, one L77 drop much sooner than that. The very important key is to stick to only one hardware platform system when crafting, i.e., either PC or mobile phone, but not both. The Pythia results generated by the software algorthims from both systems are different and will definitely mess with the statistical best-guesses Pythia makes for future crafting chances.

Also, keeping track of past crafts is ideal to assist you in selecting the next ones to keep or throwaway.
        “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

I only use mobile. I keep meticulous track. Its saying im offline in the middle of my craft(which is a lvl 77... I can see it behind the offline message) and not giving me the item but counting it as a craft in the sequence. Im getting screwed and its the 4th time. I spend money on this game and its aggravating as hell.

Comment

After a few seconds (if data connection is good)...
            Hmmm ... how often is it not good???

Your phone needs to be online with the game and its data connection needs to be perfect when crafting (not allowing the loss of even a single data packet). Laflame, it appears you occasionally have an intermittant communication/connection issue with your phone <-> network that you'll need to resolve if you want to continue to play this game, especially if you're sinking money into it.
            “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Working...
            X