No announcement yet.

Ban policy for cheaters & exploiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, devs changed rules of event already by extending event after event almost done. Of course they can’t give you an answer.
    BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post

Speaking of fairness, some people brought their Ironbound rewards into ANB3, the leaderboards are littered with Source:Ironbound perfect items and presumably additional perfect jewelry, set item chests etc.

Is the Ironbound event considered "outdide the ANB3 event" or not?
      Is the ANB event supposed to provided a level competing platform, or if you discover additional resources that provide you a hefty advantage, you're good to go? Why is it so difficult to get an answer on this?
      They can't ban for that... The ironbound event was overlapping the ANB and was claimable by the event character. No one exploited anything it was just unintended I imagine.
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

They can't ban for that... The ironbound event was overlapping the ANB and was claimable by the event character. No one exploited anything it was just unintended I imagine.
        That doesn't answer any of my questions, it just explains the "how". Getting +33% of the rewards that the ANB3 alone provides, is a big advantage. And the fact that not everyone could get them into ANB3 makes it an unfair one. These are facts and nobody can claim the opposite.
        Also a fact, Adrian's description of a banable action (getting non-ANB3 items into ANB3). If you discover that you can do it, why not notify the team instead of pretending that Adrian didn't just make a whole topic just for this?
        It clearly means a lot to the team, there aren't many things important enough for a dev to put a new sticky topic up there, so why pretend that it's actually ok to bring some stuff into the event from a different source, against what the devs explicitly state here, and keep using them throughout the event?

I understand that it's not easy for the team to punish people for doing their promotion event as well, but on the other hand you have people waiting for the ANB event for an equal and fair race and the team needs to figure out a way to resolve that unbalance, otherwise it's just a spit in the face of players who are expecting exactly what has been advertised: a level playing field for everyone participating.

That's like saying "I discovered that I can use my main hero in the event; I didn't hack anything, the game allowed me to do it, so it's not an exploit". Really?
        I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

This is also what I was thinking even though it's kind of unfair. Well, I didn't see a user with IB item anyway, at least in the Top 10. Also, no one knows that it will overlap ANB, and that ANB is actually coming.
          Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Don't think Lababy is following the rules...

No jewelry either.
            ​​​​​​​
            Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	269.8 KB ID:	108804
            Friend code: XURI BUJE KOLU 6882

CL 1190++

2 Warriors T80
            BH Stalker T80
            Mage T66
            BH Assault TL98

Android Mobile and PC...except has a touch screen, so kind of a giant mobile.

Comment

LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

I did it on accident for awhile and ended up with a stupid annoying amount I just wanted to go away
                How can they be hoarded? I have never received more than 3 at a time. I don't ever use them because I have no desire to play MI repeatedly so I just have 3 keys that sit in my stash indefinitely lol!
                DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                  Hoarding dungeon keys will not attract a ban. What it does is render those keys nearly useless. We'll probably use other keys for new dungeons, keys that cannot be exploited anymore. We said in the past: hoarding them won't be useful.

Perma-stunning a boss: not exactly an exploit. It's a particular strategy to defeat that boss, we don't think that offers you such an unfair advantage. You still need to inflict the damage, etc.

Farming gemstones on Magroth (Broken Mountain). Yes, it was a more efficient method to farm gemstones. Not a ban-worthy offense.

Transferring items to your event hero from outside the event = ban. You know it's not fair and you know it's an exploit.

We are reasonable. We know people might stumble upon an exploit by mistake, and we'll take that into consideration. But there's a huge difference between using an exploit once by mistake and using it one hundred times intentionally.
                  I started hoarding by accident. Then it became "let's see how many I can get" now it's a pain in the ass lol
                  limiting the stack to 20 was a great way to make hoarding counter productive.

Comment

Let’s have a discussion about cheating or abusing exploits.Fair warning: exploiting a game bug to gain an unfair advantage will be considered cheating and will also attract a ban. Exploiters can point out that developers are to blame. True, we are to blame. Also true exploiters are ruining the experience of other players by abusing bugs.
                    Farming gemstones on Magroth (Broken Mountain). Yes, it was a more efficient method to farm gemstones. Not a ban-worthy offense.
                    These are contradictory statements. Magroth dying was a bug in the game. It wasn't supposed to happen and the code has since been fixed to implement the intended behavior. People were exploiting it for an unfair advantage (compared to people who didn't use the same exploit) because they could make perfect jewelry easier to climb the leaderboards. So by the original definition, farming Magroth was an exploit and would attract a ban.

Comment

Everyone could use the bug of killing Magroth. If you don't know about it, it's the same thing as someone having a skill over someone else... They know something the other doesn't.
                      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Any exploit (not counting third-party software or similar cheats) can be done by anyone so that doesn't move it into the acceptable range. If the definition is that someone is using a game bug to gain an advantage over someone else, then Magroth farming fits within that definition.

Comment

I have done a LOT of "research" and posted a LOT of stuff about how to get the most 'X' in this game (gemstones, gold, XP, gear, damage, etc.) Should I be banned for "trying to figure stuff out"? No. At least I hope not.

Farming SM (when you could) fits into that category just like farming SoA does now. We all know the best way to do that, and using that build and that method should not be "bannable".

We on this forum are pretty open about stuff we figure out, and we all help each other even though we might create a competitor in the next event. I remember helping Purple Potato when he was a newb and now he holds mage world rank #1 above me.

What I'm saying is, Devs can easily read what we post and jump in at any time and clamp down on anything they don't like. Travis can delete those posts and Devs can quickly patch the exploit. In those few and rare cases, a ban would be pretty harsh. IMHO.

​​​​​​​We shouldn't go nuts second guessing ourselves. Devs are prolly going focus on the worst offenders that are ruining events and LBs outside events.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                            I remember helping Purple Potato when he was a newb and now he holds mage world rank #1 above me.
                            Help me, too!!!

Comment

I will I had 0.1% of that CL3084444 lol

Comment

Magroth dying is not a bug. He is supposed to die if he takes enough damage prior to vanishing. If they don't want him dying there then lock his hp so he'll always vanish.

It's no different than sniping the defiler before he summons his minions. He's supposed to summon but if your trying to finish it faster then snipe him so he can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X