Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artemis First Playable

Hello everyone,

As promised, we have a first-playable teaser from our new action-rpg - Artemis.

As a team, we had a blast creating and playing it over the last 3 months. Our focus for this iteration was to create a fluid and satisfactory combat experience, one of the defining pillars of an enjoyable ARPG. We might have put more effort than required for a first playable to also define the initial mood for the great adventure we envision.

The game feels smooth on mobile devices as well and we support cross-platform gameplay. With the always on servers it’s an exhilarating feeling to see other players randomly joining the world and playing. A feeling we cannot wait to share with you in the upcoming closed-alpha version.

Speaking of closed-alpha, we will set up a registration system very soon. Keep checking back for news on this one.

Enjoy the video, we sure enjoyed creating it.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

First!

Jk. It seems very promising. May I ask how will the other players interact with the world? Working as a team, but not mandatory in any way, so I can play solo if I want to, or if offline?
    Last edited by LodWig; 02-24-2023, 06:17 PM.
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
      Adrian (Developer) commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it is not mandatory to play in a team, you can play solo. The offline part is a challenge, due to cheating, we are still brainstorming on that.

The dialogue box is so sharp, maybe a darker background will be better.

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
      Editing a comment
      The user interface is "programmer art" for now, and will for some time, until we refine the user experience. That's a common development flow. Then will polish it. Good thing we did not show the login & hero creation screen :>

ohwyeahhhhh

This is looking really good already guys!
    Can't wait to give it a go!

I find the environment a bit 'dark' and I see a lot of walking between interactions, but I like the quest prompts up top and the sounds, so far.
    I hope there will be some nice soundtracks for the background and that the tap & hold to move system will still be applied here too. I love that way of moving, especially if you're playing 1 handed!

Keep it up!

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! The hold to move control scheme will be available. We put some work on creating the right mood, more to come. The mobile version is a lot brighter, we detected this issue during playtests.

Looking good, that's some great progress you've made. I do wonder if you could use some sort of transparency effect on buildings when characters move behind them - there was a short section of play where the character couldn't be seen. It's a problem in Eternium too since the graphics upgrade for the Steam release making ground targeting spells very hit and miss. I'd be interested in knowing some more around team / squad play, namely around loot distribution and experience earned, also in an open world will "kill stealing" be a problem or are there systems to reward based on participation?

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
      Editing a comment
      Keen observation :>. We changed the camera perspective at the last moment before shooting the video and some houses got in the way. We do have the system in place for fading out parts of obstructing meshes (as you can see on the trees) and that can be applied to houses as well.
      About multiplayer/team play:
      - loot is individual, each player gets their own loot
      - kill stealing should not be a thing: every player that actively participates in the combat gets a kill credit and rewards
      - experience & rewards will be awarded based on the actual combat difficulty to keep things fair and avoid certain exploits

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Adrian, that's all good news. Nice to know these things have been considered already! I know it's still very early days, so looking forward to future progress updates

Looking great so far...
    - really makes one appreciate the lovingly detailed art work in final versions like the current eternium - movement and battle look very promising (appreciating the refrainment from over the top battle graphics similar to MobileLegends)
    - too dark for mobile ; please refrain from nighttime simulation or find other solution (sky only darkens e.g. ?), it would be a shame if some sections were to become practically unplayable on mobile like the cave and forest nighttime maps in Eternium

Cheers for sharing and keep up the great work !
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• StGeorge688
      StGeorge688 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't seen the new game yet. I will wait for the release to enjoy the hard work they are putting into it.
      Can not wait for the new Eternium.
      Agree with the dark. I have to adjust the brightness in TLs. Wish that my device had a automatic brightness adjustment.
      Last edited by StGeorge688; 02-25-2023, 09:06 PM.

• Adrian (Developer)
      Editing a comment
      Our priority was indeed getting the movement & combat right, it's the most important element for this kind of game. We are happy with the current status but there's still a lot of space for improvements. The mobile version has a lot brighter light setup, we recorded the video on PC to get that dark mood.

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for considering the mobilers and their specific needs right from the start.
      ​​​​​​​Happy developing !

I completely missed this one before, but having watched on Youtube with headphones - I love that you have directional sound in there, additional clues as to where enemies are located even when they are off-screen. I wasn't expecting that so early in the development phase!

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
      Editing a comment
      There's more to it than the eyes can see, no pun intended
      Our team was joined by a very talented sound designer and it shows.

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      (( Have made this suggestion before: The sound score in the now Eternium is really nice as well, yet I always have it turned off and that is a real shame.... reason the sound score in hometown is too loud (relative to other scores) and aggressive - spending a lot of time in hometown off-battle , it just becomes unbearable after a few days; hometown is more suited to a calm non-obtrusive sound score. Maybe others feel the same way as well ?)) (sorry if this is the wrong place for this post...but it would be so nice to play with sound back on, at least in Artemis)

Nice to see that there is an option for cooperative game play, can't wait to give that a try. The Whirlwind animation looked cool. Will all three classes of hero be represented?

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
      Editing a comment
      About classes... there's something new we are bringing to Artemis: you will be able to combine two hero archetypes. You start with one class/archetype, and during your progress you will be able to pick another one. We think this kind of system will enable players to customize their playstyle to a greater degree and add a lot of replayability to the game.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Sounds like an interesting new twist.

Waiting for this to be released even if it is a close beta one. So where do I sign up?
    Resetting signature. . . .

LIBI YEHU WAQE 1155

Comment

wow,it is really good.
      Is the virtual joystick available on the moble version? I love that way of moving,

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
        Editing a comment
        Yes, we are going to support virtual joysticks and gamepads as well.

Very nice from what I am seeing. Will there be an option for less dark in the PC version as well?
      ZOCU NIWI SULA 0935

Just trying to get my daily CRIT fix...

Comment

Any new updates on Artemis?

Comment

Hi Adrian

This is my first post, and I really glad to be know U as Developer of Eternium, one of the best game that I've played.

Before I comment about Artemis, I want little introduction my self. I know Eternium and register account 2124 days ago. But long time after my Bounty Hunter level 18 I'm got sick at real life, that must be need more time for recovery. After that, I forgotten about Eternium, because my device is also I must sell. Last month I suddenly read about Eternium when I browsing about game offline RPG. I remember that I have account there. I try to login, and its work. How goosebump I feel it. I excited and try to create a new hero for my journey. U can check this story in my log activities. I also purchase daily gems, according my economy which I can buy, and hope that is maybe a little support for the team development. I really thank you so much for create this extraordinary RPG.

And about Artemis, its really promising journey, I excited and can't wait to play this game too with Eternium daily journey, ANB event, and whatever news will bring for us from development team.

Keep the good work, and I just can promise that will play the game that you will continue developing. Eternium, and also Artemis.

Big thanks from me, a newbie player.
          Last edited by Ariant; 03-30-2023, 04:02 AM. Reason: Editing for minor typo

Comment

• Adrian (Developer)
            Editing a comment
            Big thanks from us as well, your support helps us maintain and make better games.

• Ariant
            Ariant commented
            Editing a comment
            You are welcome. Keep the good work. Hopefully all team of development always healthy.

Are there any new announcement about Artemis?

Comment

Looks promising, will be watching the progression of this with great interest....

Comment

Working...
            X