Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Updates Coming to Eternium - Season Pass Overhaul and More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Updates Coming to Eternium - Season Pass Overhaul and More!

Dear Eternium Community,

We're thrilled to share with you some significant updates coming to Eternium in the next release. Here's a summary of what's coming:

Season Pass Overhaul: We're introducing a complete redesign of the Season Pass system to ensure a more engaging and rewarding experience. This includes a new UI, revamped XP earning methods through bounties, increased levels, and the introduction of a Premium Plus option.

New Spiritstone - Lethalade: Get ready to boost your crit damage with this powerful new addition. Manastim and Velocinite remain in play.

Cape of the Ancestral Spirits: A unique legacy item that will open up new build possibilities by allowing the equipping of Spiritstones. Now there are even more opportunities to customize your builds with Spiritstones! Because of this, we’ve capped the effect of each Spiritstone to the equivalent of 3 Brilliants.

Bug Fixes and Improvements: We're continually refining the game to improve quality.

Why We're Changing the Season Pass

Our analysis and feedback from you highlighted that the current Season Pass could be completed much too quickly (some of you can complete it in less than 2 hours), leading to less engagement over the season's duration. This was far from our intention of creating a dynamic and continuously enjoyable experience. To address this, we're introducing a system that requires more consistent participation throughout the season. Here's how we're doing it:

Bounties: The new Season Pass will focus on completing various bounties for seasonal XP, including daily, seasonal, and event-specific ones. This variety ensures fresh challenges and encourages diverse gameplay. All progress on the Season Path is now driven by XP earned from these bounties. For now, Leaderboard rank is still determined by fastest time on the highest Trial.

Levels and Rewards: With 60 levels to progress through and rewards at each level for both free and premium passes, you will find more reasons to come back daily. The Premium Plus pass further enhances this by offering additional bounties and a fast-track option.

UI and Accessibility: A cleaner, more intuitive UI will make navigating the Season Pass simpler, especially for newcomers. This, combined with the revamped progression system, aims to provide a more satisfying and less overwhelming experience.

What This Means for You

These changes are designed to deepen your engagement with Eternium, offering a richer, more varied play experience. By rewarding more consistent engagement, we're not only extending the enjoyment you get from each season but also providing a framework that supports a healthier balance between playing and progressing. We're excited about more to come that ties into seasonal content.

We believe these updates will make your journey through Eternium even more thrilling, with more rewards and challenges. As always, your feedback is invaluable to us. As you explore these new features, please share your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions. Your input directly influences our ongoing efforts to make Eternium the best it can be.

Stay tuned for more updates, and thank you for being a part of the Eternium community. Let's embark on this new season together, filled with adventure, discovery, and, most importantly, fun!

Warm regards,

Josh

Lead Designer, Eternium

Thanks Josh (Developer) !

I appreciate all your effort and your sincere devotion to this game. I'm looking forward to playing with your team's updates

Are there any plans to add more story components as well? That would make Eternium truly exciting!
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Josh (Developer)
      Josh (Developer) commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, absolutely!! A lot of talks around that actually. I expect you'll like what's coming in 2024.

Sounds amazing! The legendary Cape isn't class bound by the sound of it? Looking forward to the changes, and I love the engagement your team has with the player base!

Comment

Wow ... Awesome Sauce! I also appreciate the Developers efforts to improve the game, and more importantly, to make it challenging and more fun.

I am particulary interested in the new changes to allow Spiritstones to be attached to gear (the new cape), and to the needed modifications to Seasons. A nice revamp, indeed!

Very, very nice! Thanks, again, guys and gals!
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Followup comments after the new Season debut...

A few bugs here and there (which will be fixed), but for me, I really like the new/cleaner interface. I purchased the Premium package, and as mentioned by a few on Discord, not all items in the top tier are really at a "Premium" value, but the majority of the rewards are worthwhile to pursue for use by a dedicated farmer toon. As @Talonxz (on Discord) stated: "Not all 60 premium levels are going to have amazing rewards. We thought about only offering every other tier as a reward, but decided to keep every level as a reward and just use “filler” rewards as something is better than nothing."

NOTE TO SELF: I should have purchased the Premium package directly from the Eternium Store for a better value, but forgot to check -- oh, well ... next time).

I also like the introduction of the Bounty tasks (Daily and Season) -- and the reroll capabilies! I still like to play both Story (primarily for the Dailies, sometimes gems) and Trials, so this provides more incentive to claim more rewards by gaming both. The Developers obviously spent much effort to essentiall re-write this UI, and I think it was well worthwhile.

I for one appreciate the entire Eternium Team's dedication to continual improvement and to make the game more fun to play. Again, very nice job, guys and gals!

sounds awesome Josh!
      Can't wait to see how the new Season bar looks.
      Looks like you had enough inspiration ♥︎

Comment

This really make curious about playing. Eternium developers' performance is very good and always pay attention to developments and listen to input from players. As a new player, I hope I can improve my playing style by updating new features. Hopefully this game will continue and exist in the future. thanks to the developer

Comment

Very interesting news which makes me impatient to try the new things in game, so could you please let us know when the new season will start?

Comment

Is there any news on the game being converted to the unreal engine
            Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Travis | Support Mgr. commented
              Editing a comment
              That plan was abandoned. We shifted focus from Unreal to Unity a while back. Then, we decided to continue developing Eternium in Marmalade while Dream Primer develops Astera in Unreal and Making Fun develops a new (unannounced) title in Unity.

For the most part I am liking the new Season and the Spirit stones. Great job guys!

But, please please please a hint on when we will see Act V and Ragadam....?

Comment

Soon™? Or for real lol
            DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

So, I've reached Season Level 60, do the bounties offer anything else after that point?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Editing a comment
              We'll be adding an "endless reward" option in an upcoming update that will allow players to continue collecting a loot chest (potential contents TBD) for every additional 500 Season XP earned.

Are there any plans regarding armor design in the game? I feel like they are a bit generic...

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Editing a comment
              We're always working on game balance, including armor tweaks. It's a never-ending task.

Why in the league don’t new heroes start the game from scratch, I mean medals, those who already have enough of them always start with some advantage. It would be fair if everyone started at the same level

Comment

I see, thank you

Comment

Working...
            X