Warrior Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior Arena

I haven't noticed a forum/thread for arena strategy, but I am having difficulty fighting toons above rank 150. I seem to do okay against BH, but mages and other warriors trounce me, even if I have more damage.

I'm currently using a crit build with axes. Most of the higher ranked warriors are using shields and fire lily, I tried shield, but it seemed like it didn't improve survivability much. I spent a lot of time stunned against mages, and Storm of swords seems to just chew me up against other warriors.

Any suggestions?

+1 on adding an Arena spot on the forum. You do not mention what gear set you are using. Charge and Leap seem to be the top abilities among Warriors, especially with a Fury build. The bonus to using a Warrior in the Arena is that you can pack a lot more Toughness than other builds due its to higher Armor ratings. Survivability is definitely key in the Arena, since the AI opponent always gets the first attack.

Comment

Have you tried using Charge to dodge the initial attack? I have full Fury set, so I have double Charge and double Leap, so I can afford to use one or two defensively.

Comment

Cool, they made a new forum for this.

I'm currently wearing 4 warlord/2 fury. I'm currently trying out Stam/crit/power and using swords. It's just because this is my better gear set. Also, shockwave seems to heal a lot.

It looks like Shield + fire lily + 6 Fury may be the way to go, but my gear isn't good for that path yet.

Some of the tactics seem silly. Yes, getting pounded with storm of swords is difficult. It seems to be a timing thing, with leap. I think you can leap out of the way if your timing is good. This seems like my opponent does this all the time, forcing my SOS to miss.

Comment

Working...
      X