Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone built a set of gear purely for arena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you gain points if the AI wins. For me the equilibrium of win/loss of the AI keeps me at around spot 600, 700 on weekends.

• eliel77
    replied
    Can I win points without actually playing?
    people challenge my AI char and if they loose I get those points?

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    bojck Yeah, I need to start my season push too. I'm so behind! Been too busy with all my family getting sick.

Good luck!

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    yup, he also a toon with arcanist gear that went up to 2700 rating! I'm not playing the arena anymore, been pushing with bounty hunter recently

• Kristoff
    replied
    bojck Is this the Kinnu you were looking for?

They just attacked my warrior.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Nice! Good luck, Kardinaal !

• Kardinaal
    replied
    Maybe it’s my own (lack of) gaming prowess, but my build actually went up in levels to around 400th place just from the ai playing it (from 500, best I managed myself). Think it’s due to the ai handling devastate teleporting way better than I do.

So for a first test it’s definately a success. Final version will probably have low amounts of dodge and parry as well for more damage mitigation.
    Last edited by Kardinaal; 10-15-2021, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    bojck And who is Kinnu, by the way? Hegemony mentioned him recently, but I don't think I've ever come across him. Is he still active?

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    haha thanks : ) Yeah it was fun, hadn't played in quite a while... I'm curious to see some of Kinnu's SCR or Arcanist builds there, not sure which one he 'left' in the arena

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations on your Arena win, bojck ! Hope it was a fun fight.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    bojck Yes, I won, but only because it was AI. You'd beat me handily for sure in a real PvP.

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    ah my guy is still running the fireball build, I assume you kicked his ass : P He's doing ok though, lost just 250 points in a month

• Kristoff
    replied
    bojck I finally got to challenge your mage!

A big "Thank you!" to you and Romme for all the video tutorials. I'd never have made it this far without your assistance.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    bojck The AI seems to kite sometimes. Not sure if it's intentional or by random chance, though. Once in a while I'll get a BH that hides offscreen and spams traps or snipes from a distance, or one that keeps running away while shooting at me.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Kardinaal View Post
    I’ve seen Travis mention a few times over the last month things like “arena needs his own round of balances before we add rankings and rewards”, and he is very careful about what he says.
    True.
    This leads me to believe those balance changes are actually planned and will come relatively soonish.
    Yes and no. The devs plan to balance the Arena, but those changes are not in the works and won't come "soonish".
    Once the arena is balanced, this will open up possibilities for more real pvp modes, where you don’t play the AI. Think duals between ingame friends, maybe even “log on at that time for a tournament”
    Eternium will never have real-time PvP. This would require the game to be moved entirely server-side, making offline play impossible. Too much code would have to be rewritten to make this a viable option. Maybe in a sequel, though...someday.
Working...
X