Looking for the best armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the best armor

So I'm curious . What is better ? stalker , havoc or demolitionist ? Right now I'm using demolitionist 6/6 with shadow assassin's pistols but I'm having a hard time getting past level 75 . Is that a good setup and do I just need to get better at the game , or do I need to change my gear . I'm just asking because I can't dump lots of gold and gems into making a new set of gear if it's just going to be equal or worse than what I already have . Ps as anyone can probably tell im relatively new to this game so please don't get angry at my apparent ignorance . Also I've heard a lot of people talk about "auras " if someone could fill me in what these are that would be great .

Stalker is currently the most common BH gear set on the leaderboards, but you should be doing better with a 6pc Demolitionist set and Shadow Assassin's pistol set. I would hold off on crafting a whole new gear set just yet, since there a probably a lot of things that you haven't learned yet about the Demolitionist set. Post clips or descriptions of your current gear (e.g., what level gear, what trinkets, belt?), your Champion Level, and which abilities your are using, so you can get some help on your current set.

Comment

Here's some screenshots of my bounty hunter
      ​​​​​.

Comment

• chessmaster58
        chessmaster58 commented
        Editing a comment
        I stink so take this for what its worth
        I would swap out Multishot for Rapid fire as Rapid fire gives a bonus boost
        Also with Molten belt and Demo set, you need the Tracer Ammo passive
        If at all possible add the 2 extra skill slots
        Personally my passives are Tracer, Poison, and Pathfinder but I suppose pierce can be done insstead of that
        As for 3rd utility Smoke Screen or Mag Trap depending on how high level you are.

Just for comparison, on my ANB character I have 2 adventurer ( dont ask :-) ) and 4 demo - all epic no gold and I am at the same level you are

What chessmaster said. You need tracer for the build to work. Also, Charm of Qol might be usefull so you can get the explosive shot to stack the stickies and have the lethal shot fire as well. Switching back and forth seems like a pain. Molten belt + tracer stacks is really powerful against bosses.

PS
      Level some of your lowest skills to raise your synergy rating. Getting that extra attack speed % is helpful
      Last edited by cadberry16; 08-18-2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

For a Demolitionsist BH, replace Multishot with Rapid Fire for 3 second bonus damage and replace Snipe with Heatseekers. Snipe is a Stalker BH ability,and most of your damage will come from Heatseekers and Sticky Bombs.. Open the third ability slot and add Magnetic Trap to group up mobs, so you get more bang from Sticky Bomb explosions. Then push these abilities to level 10 for maximum effect.

Strategy: Once you lock down a mob with Magnetic Trap, move around it firing at different targets each time to attach more sticky bombs, then hit it with Rapid Fire immediately followed by Heatseekers to set off a chain reaction explosion. If anything survives, trap them and repeat, if not move on to round up the next few mobs.

If you are still using Assassin's Pistol set, switch over to Igniters pistols for the bonus Tracer Ammo stacks. However, keep in mind that at your CL level with Level 70 pistols most of your damage will come from abilities {Heatseeker and Sticky Bombs], so those should be your top priority.

Your passives must include Tracer Ammo. I use Tracer Ammo, Pathfinder for move speed and damage boost, and Intense Training for faster cooldown times on abilities.

Spend your Glory to open the recipe for Molten Belt, every competitive BH is using that one because it will cut your boss fight time in half [unlimited stacking].

Your trinkets (Talisman of Doom and Stormcaller) are not very effective for a BH, as you earn more Glory, you will want to purchase recipes for Vial of Wind Spirits and after that Talisman of Storms.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

To ozymandius as it turns out I actually do have a set of igniters . The reason I didn't use them was because I was used to the trap and snipe technique . Also I recently acquired a level 74 legendary malice . I have never gotten anything over level 71 before or after this happened . On that note how do most of the people on the high end of the leaderboard have level 77 gear do they craft it ( if so , how ? )? Or are they just exceedingly lucky and this stuff just drops for them ? Anyway thank you and I will be switching to my ingniters immediately .
          ps : as the a&b event ended I have also acquired a vial of the wind spirit , charm of qol and molten belt witch I started using immediately after the event .
          Last edited by Melkor beleger; 08-28-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• RockDoc
            RockDoc commented
            Editing a comment
            I got most of my high level gear from drops running trials above T80, in and out of ANBs, and by crafting them during regular play. And that's like after hundreds of crafts if not more. The key is to get your crafting mastery up to level 50. You'll have a better chance for higher level crafts. Also you can expect to spend 10s of millions in gold, and lots of mats and resources.

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Highest success comes from crafting during an ANB event where the costs are lower and you have more chances to get a decent piece.

To RockDoc thanks . I have one 73 weapon and one 74 weapon . I got one from last ANB event and the other from a drop . They are incredibly rare though .

Comment

Ozymandius wrote.. spending glory to open the recipe for Molten Belt.
            where can I do it? Still dont know what glory is for

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
            For a Demolitionsist BH, replace Multishot with Rapid Fire for 3 second bonus damage and replace Snipe with Heatseekers. Snipe is a Stalker BH ability,and most of your damage will come from Heatseekers and Sticky Bombs.. Open the third ability slot and add Magnetic Trap to group up mobs, so you get more bang from Sticky Bomb explosions. Then push these abilities to level 10 for maximum effect.

Strategy: Once you lock down a mob with Magnetic Trap, move around it firing at different targets each time to attach more sticky bombs, then hit it with Rapid Fire immediately followed by Heatseekers to set off a chain reaction explosion. If anything survives, trap them and repeat, if not move on to round up the next few mobs.

If you are still using Assassin's Pistol set, switch over to Igniters pistols for the bonus Tracer Ammo stacks. However, keep in mind that at your CL level with Level 70 pistols most of your damage will come from abilities {Heatseeker and Sticky Bombs], so those should be your top priority.

Your passives must include Tracer Ammo. I use Tracer Ammo, Pathfinder for move speed and damage boost, and Intense Training for faster cooldown times on abilities.

Spend your Glory to open the recipe for Molten Belt, every competitive BH is using that one because it will cut your boss fight time in half [unlimited stacking].

Your trinkets (Talisman of Doom and Stormcaller) are not very effective for a BH, as you earn more Glory, you will want to purchase recipes for Vial of Wind Spirits and after that Talisman of Storms.

Keep us updated on your progress.
            Hi can you specify your armor's attributes ? By the names I like Life on Hit, Experience, critical rating, ability rate, and power
            BTW I am a newbie so just for the sake of knowledge

Comment

In light of this topic, I would like to post a question to draw responses from veterans, in an effort to learn how to choose between two like items (and clear my locker of unecessary items!). Here are two items and their attributes: which would you choose, and why?

1. Legendary Demolitionist Tunic. Armor 395, Vitality +95, Power +90, Dodge +88, Experience 41. Equip to gain Damage +5, Toughness +25, Recovery +12, Experience 41.

2. Epic Demolitionist Tunic. Armor 421, Life Regen +233, Haste +96, Vitality +89. Equip to gain Damage +5, Toughness +21, Recovery 16.

Right or wrong, I'll tell you what I picked and why, after I receive a few answers. Thank you for your time.
              Just think...one good rocket barrage, and you can end up being the proud owner of a pair of Healthy Leather Pants of Thorns...

Comment

• Ozymandius
                Ozymandius commented
                Editing a comment
                The correct answer is "it depends," but not knowing anything else about your build, I would select the Legendary item. For me, Tunic is not one of my primary damage pieces, so I like the extra Vitality and the bonus Dodge stat. If you were weak overall on Haste, you might temporarily get more out of the Epic piece, but it will be short lived once you add more Haste CLs. Given that you still have these two pieces, I would also lean toward keeping the Experience stat on the Legendary piece since gaining XP should be a priority for you right now.

Welcome to Eternium! In the future, you should start a new post to get more responses, since this is a very old thread that is mostly outdated now.

I left out certain information intentionally, because I wanted to get raw responses that I could use as a foundation for moving forward. I DID (unintentionally) leave out the fact that both items are Level 71. My problem is I don't know where to begin. For example, do I first consider what the item brings to the table (i.e. listed above the Equip to Gain line) or what it does for me (below that line)? It's something I want to do for myself, but I need a foundation. I've read lots of threads but the opinions, though valid, vary greatly ("Can't have too much power", "Critical Rating and Critical damage are essential to more power"). In other words, I'm not asking for 'what to do' as much as I am 'how to evaluate'. Another example - I followed some good advice posted for BH and switched out standard helmet and gloves for Havoc and saw an improvement. When I hit a wall, I switched out the glove for a standard with more oomph, and a molten belt (not out of any plan, but out of frustration...a wilted turnip has a higher IQ than me) and 'voila', the wall came down. I'm currently trying to push through Trial Level 94.
              Thank you for your kind words and advice, Ozymandius. Next time I will start a new thread?
              Just think...one good rocket barrage, and you can end up being the proud owner of a pair of Healthy Leather Pants of Thorns...

Comment

• Ozymandius
                Ozymandius commented
                Editing a comment
                Post pictures of your heroes gear on a new thread, and other players will be better able to steer you in the right direction(s). You definitely want to get as many of the set bonuses as you can, but not all pieces are created equal. Some (e.g., Havoc helmet and gloves) have extra bonuses that make them essential must haves while others only contribute to the set bonus. There are a lot of variables and it will take some time to figure them all out without help from the forums. I would not still be playing today without the help of prior Masters who helped me over the rough spots early on.
            Working...
            X