Why is multishot so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is multishot so bad?

At level 10 it fires 20 projectiles at 3000% damage each which equals 60,000% damage overall. It has the lowest cooldown of any BH skill. If you have the bracers of mastery the bonus can be up to 200% which means it could do 120,000% damage making it the highest base damage ability out of them all. I tried using it as the execute ability for demo build to make everything blow up and its terrible, making only 2% of my overall damage! Why is it so bad when it sounds like it should be so good?

I hear you, but I wouldn't expect 100% effectiveness of the spray killing every enemy, either. I use mag trap to help group large mobs, while trying to keep the leading edge of the spray arc within the circle of the trap, so at least all the spray is confined there instead of some of its edges shooting off into nothing. This is also easier said than done!

There may be others here that have better ideas.

The ability stats are a sneaky, subtle lure, but as you point out, the jig is up. There are limitations in what is promised and what promises are kept.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Even when buffed with Tesla guns and charged ammo Multishot is crap. When I've tried it in trials I could swear I heard the elites and bosses laughing at me when I hit them with it.

Comment

Random thoughts:

1) It has a short range, so maybe not all bullets hit.
        2) It's Physical Damage, whereas you want Fire Damage for the Body Blast.
        3) The BoM is +200% damage, so the total is 180,000%.
        4) The overall damage is not relevant here, as as you say it's the execute ability, triggering the BB which will do far more damage.
        5) It's not enhanced by Tracer Ammo stacks, contrary to Heatseekers and Magnetic Trap.
        6) Heatseekers and Magnetic Traps are AoE, so may deal more damage than described. For example MT with +400% bracer is 50K%, if it hits 4 foes it's already 200K%, above the 180K% of Multishot on one target. So it will be reported with higher damage.
        7) Dealing huge damage to a bomb bearer is very good, but maybe it's better to deal less to more targets for the overall effect. Because the first BB will maybe kill more bomb-bearing foes (weakened by the AoE), etc.

Anyway, it's nice to test new ideas. Kudos for that!
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

• Jude Smith
          Jude Smith commented
          Editing a comment
          Random thoughts based on vast experience I'm sure

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Experience and data...

So it looks like multishot is no good for the bomb build. I've gone back to testing it with assault and tesla weapons the way its meant to be. In the testing grounds with one mob making sure every projectile hits. The assault set gives 200% to rapid fire, my bracer of mastery gives 180% damage to multishot. Rapid fire comes out almost double multishot damage. I tested it with a scattershot and rapid fire bracers also and the rapid fire ones come on top. I moved on to test in trials and found the higher you go the higher up the damage list charged shot goes. So it looks like multishot is rubbish but makes charged shot so much better so I'm going to work on a nature assault build to see what happens. Maybe snipe could get a look in this build too. Survival will probably be an issue though.

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Survival is always an issue with BH, so don't let that stop your from experimenting.

AFAIK nothing replaces Rapid Fire regardless of which BH build you choose. The pure Havoc and Demo builds cannot compare to the hybrid 4H2D, so to be competitive, most players made the switch for pushing during ANB. I still use 6H for XP farming during ANBs, but switch out two pieces (e.g., pants and boots) to Demolitioinist to get the Sticky Bombs for the push set.

Unless they seriously buff Multishot in the next balancing upgrade by adding some special effect (e.g., a big boost to Haste, Power, CR, or CD), it will most likely continue to be a dead end

One of the benefits of Multishot though is it’s speed … 6 seconds … not to be sniffed at …
        when I’m farmin* at lv105 I much prefer multishot because I can really speed through all my Abilities, and I seem to get more of the other abilities cast more often .
        which means I get my rapid fire cast more often, and my magnetic trap

heatseekers is great but it’s a lot slower

Comment

I use mag trap to help group large mobs, while trying to keep the leading edge of the spray arc within the circle of the trap

Comment

One thing to bear in mind for Multishot is that it is really handy for ASSAULT BH … it brings in extra bonuses (from the Tesla guns) and gives extra bonus to the charged ammo of 600% which is a very handy thing for assault …. Also, the speed of it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by shedsur View Post
              I use mag trap to help group large mobs, while trying to keep the leading edge of the spray arc within the circle of the trap
              This is also easier said than done! tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours

Comment

Working...
              X