Is my build outdated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my build outdated?

So I kinda took a hiatus from this game game for about 8 months. One of the first things I noticed upon returning was that the bounty hunter leaderboards have completely changed. While it used to be dominated by stalker builds with an occasional hybrid, now it appears to be mostly demolitionist and hybrids are lot more common. I knew the stats had changed but has the stalker/shadow assassin build been nerfed? Do I need to change the gear I'm using ?

I would posit it's not as much nerfing as much as the BH gear buffing that took place in the 2021 fall updates.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Stalker wasn't nerfed at all, so you can still reach the trials that you completed before the upgrade. However, the bar has been raised by the buffs to Havoc and Demo gear.

Yeah, 4 Havoc/2 Demolitionist is now the META. When they first made the change I was kind of irked because I had just spent the last six months or so accumulating high level Stalker gear. But once I converted over to 2H/4D I was glad. The sticky bombs from Demo do a lot of damage. It's a fun build, you should try it out.

Comment

I came back to the game in April 2021 and worked for months on my Stalker BH build, Farwalker. All his gear (except jewelry, of course) is CTd. I know I made some mistakes in the build, but I finally pushed him to finish Trial 128. Trial 129 is instant death, just pressing Start = dead! So I went to the Leaderboard and wrote down everything about the top player, who had finished Trial 197. I worked on a new BH, Farstrider, using that info. Further research in the forums showed me that this is the Havoc/Demo build. This build has been great fun for me, and has made me forget a lot of the disappointment I felt over poor Farwalker. Farstrider has completed 133, about half his gear is CTd, he’ll be getting two more items when the current ANB Gold ends next week. The forums and the Veteran players have been tremendous at helping. Thanks, Push On, and Push for new content (but don’t hold your breath)!

Comment

Working...
      X