Why only fire and not physical too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why only fire and not physical too?

Saw someone on the AnB leaderboards with fire and physical which prompted me to check all their skills and I noticed that explosive shot is considered physical damage.

The question is why not physical damage on the relevant equipment too? Is power/haste a better stat to have overall compared to just a physical dmg boost? Perhaps it is the case that the explosive part of explosive shot is not classed as physical but fire?

If the explosive portion is considered as physical than how could this not be useful(or is it not optimal)? While sticky bombs seem to be for mobbing missiles procs and explosive (aoe) are for the boss so does it not make sense to prop up the bossing phase too since sticky bombs wouldn't do anything for bossing? Or perhaps it is the case that there is no need for it since molten belt does all the heavy lifting?

I use Fire and Nature, specifically for what you say: speeding up boss kills. But that's because of Snipe's bleed DoT being nature.
    The different sources of Physical damage for BH are completely negligible, so either just spend those stat points on something else more useful, or take Nature if you choose to use Snipe.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Negligible it is then. The current favorite seems to be heatseekers and mag trap.

Anyone know the damage type for Rapid Fire? It's not listed in the description.

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      RF uses the primary attack, not changing its type.

Thanks LodWig, just came back there to say that I found that myself. I need to read more carefully!

Comment

With the current top havoc and demo build there's just too much fire depending skills not to invest into fire stats on trinkets, bracers and belt.

Comment

Всем привет . Видел информацию,где говорят хорошо о поясе плавильни . Получил его ,думал буду сильнее .но! На мне был пояс липкие бомбы , и две одежды из сета Разрушения. И они уничтожают главного быстрее ,чем пояс плавильни и две части с сета Разрушения. Это как так ?

Comment

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          The Molten Belt is mandatory for pushing, when killing the boss takes minutes. If you can kill the boss fast it’s useless.

With two Demolitionist pieces, I would not recommend to wear the Assassin’s Belt. Better use the Trapper’s Belt or the Special Ordnance Belt.

• Gabrant
          Gabrant commented
          Editing a comment
          Буду пробовать . Я ещё зелёный . Сегодня только на 95 этаж залез .)

At higher levels... Sticky bombs can do great damage to mobs.

​​​​​​The boss becomes increasingly difficult for any quick kill.

Molten belt and Slayer enchanted items become more important.
        Along with the Fire element damage added to all inclusive items.
        The Critical Rating and Critical Damage builds.

I am a Veteran League Bounty Hunter. TL 119 CL 2077
        Running Full Havoc with a Power, Haste, Vitality, Experience Build.

Although I've seen most classes use a similar approach at higher levels.
        Even duel elements now that it's allowed.

Anything that is comfortable and works before that is all about enjoyment and gameplay.

Happy Hunting!
        ~S~

Comment

Working...
        X