Constant crashing doing daily tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant crashing doing daily tasks

The daily tasks which are on Act 2 are a waste of time as they constantly crash and can take almost all day to complete them . It's not just crashing with these but also constantly during the game. Looking at the forum ths has been happening for years and needs sorting, especially as it being released on Steam. If the current developing team can't then get a new team that can. That's common sense

What device are you playing on? It could potentially be a RAM issue, since the latest update changed Act 2 a lot and most maps are now bigger and needs more memory/processing power...

Please try a full re-install of the game to make sure there wasn't any issue during the update:
    - Clear cache, data, uninstall
    - Close ALL other apps, including things like Youtube, facebook, etc - this is to minimise other things from interfering with the packages download
    - Reinstall the game
    - Start the very first story map: "The Shores of Hope" and wait for all the packages to download and install
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

I'm playing on a desk top computer (tower, seperate monitor and keyboard). I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, usually once or twice a day. My RAM is cleared automatically. I never have any browsers open when playing

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Try the following:
        1. Open the start menu.
        2. Go to settings>apps.
        3. Search for "Eternium" and click on the result.
        4. Click "advanced options".
        5. Click "reset".
        6. Click "uninstall".
        7. Restart your PC.
        8. Reinstall the game.

I've done all this several time, more times than I can remember. I've just done it all again and the result is exactly the same

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
        The daily tasks which are on Act 2 are a waste of time as they constantly crash and can take almost all day to complete them . It's not just crashing with these but also constantly during the game. Looking at the forum ths has been happening for years and needs sorting, especially as it being released on Steam. If the current developing team can't then get a new team that can. That's common sense
        Are you running 64 bit? I have constant crashing as well and believe it's related to being on 64 bit. I've had it well before the update though. I've also noticed that quest progress is often reset following a crash.
        Last edited by RainmanRam; 09-22-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

What is your hardware configuration? I was wrong about the x64. I just got past a problem area where I couldn't get through the level by using another x64 machine got through
          without a hitch. I'm running a Surface Book 3 and I'm starting to think the problem is there.
          Last edited by RainmanRam; 09-22-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Device name DESKTOP-OK0ETKK
            Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
            Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.80 GB usable)
            Device ID EBFA93FE-EDF0-4082-B250-B6661E2A549F
            Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM
            System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
            Pen and touch input Pen or touch input is not available for this ad.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
            Version 21H1
            Installed on 08/25/2021
            OS build 19043.1237
            Performance Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I have a rough idea what the problem might be, but want to see if "Tech Support" can come up with the same solution

Comment

I think it may to do with the graphic card.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Editing a comment
              What card are you running? How much memory does it have?

Intel (R) HD Graphics, 4 GB RAM. The game runs on a 15+ year old unstable laptop with out of date graphics card. See the 2 dxdiag reports I'll send you in PM

Comment

The 2 attachments to this post are the ones I sent to Travis | Support Mgr. The first is for my tower (main computer) which the game won't run, and the second is for my delapitated laptop which the game does run. If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be happy to hear them
              Attached Files

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the details. Hopefully the devs will be able to get this fixed.

So do I. I gave this info to save going round and round in circles and they have something to compare with

Comment

Working...
              X