• Show
Clear All

GAMEPLAY: Reforges not persisting

Game version: 1.5.81
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: Both Windows and Android
    Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : Windows, and Moto G5+
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): N/A
    Player Type (EX: Mage): Warrior

Player Gear: bug involves a specific gear (see below)
    Abilities: N/A
    Reproducible: 5/5 (happened 2 out of 2 times, too costly to reproduce more)

Current situation (bug):
    I got this gear from the last ANB Gold event: https://imgur.com/a/zYRMajb
    Note that this is a drop from TL130 (IIRC), not a crafted/CT gear.
    I've tried reforging the block rating a couple of times now. First I picked haste, and the second time, it was a +138 ability rate. Both times, the reforged stat did not take, but the gem cost increased. I can try making a video if I get a guarantee that I'll get the gem cost back.

Expected situation (working):
    I expected the reforged stat to persist.

Steps reproduce the bug:
    1. Reforge the stat on steam

2. Exit to main menu, to ensure game is saved
    3. Go back in through steam, double check stat persisted
    4. Exit to main menu, then exit steam
    5. Log in through Android
    6. Stat reverted back to the original stat before reforging, but the gem cost increase persisted.

I also did the first reforge through mobile, so I don't think this is related to the interaction between steam and mobile, but I might have misremembered. This feels like it's gear specific. I looked around and saw another post about reforge not persisting in ANB, might be related?

Screenshots or Video of the bug: (add as many screenshots as you need)
    I did not take a screenshot, but I can do more reforges, again if there's a guarantee I'll get the gem cost back, since it costs a lot of gems to reforge an item.

Originally posted by archged View Post
    2. Exit to main menu, to ensure game is saved
    This may be the problem. Exiting to the main menu doesn't ensure the game is saved. Ideally, the game would save after every action, but that would result in a LOT of server calls/traffic. So, your game is saved every 30 minutes or so or after specific events. You can ensure your game is saved by exiting to the main menu, then tapping the logout button. You don't actually have to complete the logout - simply tapping the button will initiate the save. You can always tap the colored dot to see the status of your save:

So, this is probably happening because you're reforging, then exiting the game and/or switching devices without letting it save.

Comment

But if it didn't save, why did the gem cost for the reforge increased (twice)? And I'm pretty sure the first reforge, I kept playing and doing trials, which would trigger the save.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a measure to prevent exploitation. Otherwise, people would try to reforge, then just close the game if they don't like the results offered.
    Working...
    X