Clear All

A few issues of a fantastic game.

​IOS/ version: __17.2.1

Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : 13 pro max

Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): lobby

Player Type (EX: Mage): Hunter // This ANB tag is JCIMS

Player Gear: __ see attached screenshots

Abilities: __ see screen shots

Reproducible: _ some yes (getting stuck on map 24 “A scent of home” for others, send me the gems and I will do my best.

Current situation (bug): okay, first, I love this game! I use to game heavily (Mech warrior, star craft, and Destiny, but had to focus on other things for a while. Just recently (Feb 24) found this and love it. Issues happen and I am happy to see that you have a large support forum. Please bear with me, as I go through each issue.
    1. Current ANB: Hunter. Just finished trial level 130. I have a level 75 Havoc Armor Set tunic that rolled a 109 for power. I thought I would try crafting a Celestial Orb (CO), as I was not having any luck crafting a better tunic. Crafted the CO (very costly I might add. You all matching real world inflation issues or what!!), and understanding that it will raise one attribute a little and not over max for the level (for lvl75 tunic, max power is 127.5). I placed it over the Tunic and chose the power button, when it popped up on the screen….and… nothing happened! Power stayed the same. Are CO’s RNG?
    2. Drops upon completion of map or trial!? Okay, I understand that like most games, to get the good stuff, you have to play the hard stuff. RNG drops usually suck until you get something decent. Well, going through the “Legendary maps” notice the word legendary, I received a handful of blues and one epic, outside of the rewards from the NPC’s. I received one legendary on my first build, going through the heroic level of the story. 99.9999 of drops are common or uncommon. The story is not really difficult, but perhaps you should change the name of the levels if you do not drop any legendary or epic for that matter. Perhaps “walk through the park, hobby lobby with the wife, and the grind lives on” would be more fitting. ?. However, once you get into the trials and especially past lvl 100, one should start seeing some decent drops. NOPE!! ? as of this ANB (my 3rd)…. And I reach lvl 100 of first ANB, lvl 124 on second ANB, and currently lvl 131 for season and this ANB…. The drops are “????”. If a player wants a decent item, then one must spend $$$ to get it…. Not cool! Perhaps an adjustment to the RNG logarithm is something that might be in the works??!! ?
    3. Current ANB on several maps, the system does not record the kill of the boss at the end and you have to do the map over again. Well, when you are not on a time limitation, irritating, but no biggy. On an ANB…. Come on man!!! Happened on map 48 Desolation Desert and Map 24 “A scent of home”, which is probably the longest map you have, I might add. NO BUENO!
    4. Speaking of map 24, I have gotten “stuck” in the trees and had to start over. I tried portalling out, but when I returned, it put me back where I was stuck! Ugh!! I was about 3/4 finished, too. Again, during an ANB, every second counts! Needless to say, map 24 is on my ? list!
    5. During my second ANB this season, I rolled (crafted) a level 77 Torch igniter. I was super pumped, as it was my first one! When I was awarded a Celestial Transform at Lvl 90 I put it on it. All was Shangri La. Next day, I logged on, and rolled a lvl 75 forever igniter and noticed immediately that it was not matching up with the torch to get the bonus. My 77 torch had turned into a regular pos gun. It was 77 and celestial, it was just not a torch. I reviewed my actions, perhaps I made a mistake.. but I don’t see how, as the only weapons I have ever crafted have been the igniter pistols, since my very first craft of a common pistol, to fulfill the craft something mission. UNCOOL!!
    6. Lastly, you better have your software and billing folks check the charging. I have been over charged for a $49.99 box set twice! By $25.31. So, what’s up? Now I need to review all my purchases! The give away that clued me in, is that Apple Pay shows a pop up screen about 10 seconds after each purchase.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love this game and I don’t mind the cost…. Too much…. As it keeps the basement dwellers thinned out, as they don’t have the coinage. HOWEVER, I am starting to see some patterns here.

I apologize, for the length of this, but, you all have some thing’s that need to be looked into. Perhaps the quality control and quality assurance folks need to step up their game. I look forward to your responses. If there is any additional questions or information that you need, please let me know. Thank you for your time and support!

*** So, it seems that I can not upload the screen captures, rather I need to provide an URL, where the would be located on the net. I do not have a web page. Am I doing this incorrectly? If so, please let me know. I can email them, just provide me with an email address, or set me straight as to load them on this forum.

Have a great week!
    v/r
    Thanatos.
    oh, my tag for this ANB is JCIMS.

If by current ANB you mean Gold, then normal practice is not to run story mode beyond the bare minimum needed to either unlock trials or companions as it takes too long to complete/reach the end or world nr 4.

Some do run into world 2 but only to get the gemstone quest at the very start.

Do you use Pythia? This helps with craft predictions. Current URL is below. The discord is also very helpful.

Comment

Wulfric,

Appreciate your input. By my second ANB, I figured out, that I needed to just speed run far enough to get Robin as an NPC. However, I noticed, during this current ANB, that I was not having very good luck with the Spirit stone drops in Trials and had much better success speed running through the story, to get stones to drop. Additionally, All of the best maps to grind for gold are on Demeter, especially if you’re strapped for gold. As for Pythia, I just found out about it. I am already so far into this ANB to even begin to remember how many times I have crafted each item. I will be sure to utilize it moving forward. I am not familiar very familiar with Discord. I thought it was a chat program? I think I used it, when I played competitively (I use that term very lightly) on Destiny, as playing with the young bucks, I felt like I was carried for the most part. Do you have the URL and location of Eternium players on Discord also?

Comment

Originally posted by Thanatos67 View Post
        ...Crafted the CO...I placed it over the Tunic and chose the power button, when it popped up on the screen….and… nothing happened! Power stayed the same. Are CO’s RNG?​
        You are the first person to ever report this and CO's have been around for years, so something's off. I'm not sure if it's a fluke (unlikely) or what. If it happens again, try to remember the steps you took, so I can try to reproduce the issue locally.

Current ANB on several maps, the system does not record the kill of the boss at the end and you have to do the map over again. Well, when you are not on a time limitation, irritating, but no biggy. On an ANB…. Come on man!!! Happened on map 48 Desolation Desert and Map 24 “A scent of home”, which is probably the longest map you have, I might add. NO BUENO!
        Are you saying that you don't see the victory portal at the end of the level? If so, your companions may be off aggroing some mobs. Are all of your companions in tow when this happens?

Speaking of map 24, I have gotten “stuck” in the trees and had to start over. I tried portalling out, but when I returned, it put me back where I was stuck! Ugh!! I was about 3/4 finished, too. Again, during an ANB, every second counts! Needless to say, map 24 is on my ? list!
        This is a known issue that has been improved over the last few months. If you can get a screenshot of where you're getting stuck and let me know if it's when you first load into the level or on a respawn, it would be helpful.

During my second ANB this season, I rolled (crafted) a level 77 Torch igniter. I was super pumped, as it was my first one! When I was awarded a Celestial Transform at Lvl 90 I put it on it. All was Shangri La. Next day, I logged on, and rolled a lvl 75 forever igniter and noticed immediately that it was not matching up with the torch to get the bonus. My 77 torch had turned into a regular pos gun. It was 77 and celestial, it was just not a torch. I reviewed my actions, perhaps I made a mistake.. but I don’t see how, as the only weapons I have ever crafted have been the igniter pistols, since my very first craft of a common pistol, to fulfill the craft something mission. UNCOOL!!
        I've seen the stats on a crafted item change when the game is closed or crashes before it has a chance to save to the server, but I can't recall a report of a crafted item completely changing into another item.

Lastly, you better have your software and billing folks check the charging. I have been over charged for a $49.99 box set twice! By $25.31. So, what’s up? Now I need to review all my purchases! The give away that clued me in, is that Apple Pay shows a pop up screen about 10 seconds after each purchase.
        This sounds like VAT (value added tax), which we have no control over. If you check your Apple receipt, it should break down the charges to show any taxes.

So, it seems that I can not upload the screen captures, rather I need to provide an URL, where the would be located on the net. I do not have a web page. Am I doing this incorrectly? If so, please let me know. I can email them, just provide me with an email address, or set me straight as to load them on this forum.
        In order to prevent spam, new folks to the forum don't have image posting permissions. You should be able to post images now.

Comment

Firstly,

*** So, it seems that I can not upload the screen captures, rather I need to provide an URL, where the would be located on the net. I do not have a web page. Am I doing this incorrectly? If so, please let me know. I can email them, just provide me with an email address, or set me straight as to load them on this forum.
          You very first post has to be manually verified by Travis (he's the only Tech/Player support staff there is for MakingFun, so please bear with him and give him time to response). Since you see you post now, you can attach screenshots to your post, I normally use "[Upload Attachments]" and then put a thumbnail in the message. Having said that though, you mentioned issues with purchases, those should be sent via email instead, for privacy reason...

Do you have the URL and location of Eternium players on Discord also?
          Discord.gg/Eternium​

If a player wants a decent item, then one must spend $$$ to get it
          Nope, still "straight to salvage" for me, get the mats and craft the gear I actually want. Paying just get you more mats, quicker... same RNG still applies for both drops and crafts.

No idea about the overcharge, you should send those through to Travis to check, help@makingfun.com - I'm on Android, but has never had any issues with purchases, but have seen cases where the game shows things in USD instead of AUD everynow and then, when that happens, I just keep restarting until it fix itself before making a purchase. Alternatively, you can now make purchases directly from the Eternium store, and get some bonus too: shop.eterniumgame.com
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thank you Travis, Wulfric, and Nhat! Appreciate all the responses. Pretty much everything was answered. Still curious out what happened with the celestial orb nothing burger. I was getting a lot of checksum error messages that day. I don’t know if there is a relationship or just coincidental. Think J will just leave that option alone for now, till I can get above 150. The charges were by Apple and they have escalated it to and an audit of the surcharges and they will be getting back to me. Again, thank you for the input. Have a great remainder of your week!

Comment

Working...
            X