Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts from long time gamer, new to Eternium

Hello,

First off I’m a long time (12+ years) gamer. I’ve played a lot of good games, and a lot of bad games. I’m new (~3 weeks) to Eternium but I LOVE the game play. I have a few suggestions from a new player that might or might not work, but in my opinion would vastly improve the gaming experience for the players.

1. Remove night mode. (Maybe it’s just me?) On mobile devices playing through some of the darker maps is nigh worthless. In the caves with a blackout you can’t see any mob until you’re directly on top of them. Even if you let in a little light to make it seem more like dusk, and less like midnight, the experience would be 100 times better.

2.Simplify the complexities of the player stats. Most successful games that are playable on mobile devices aren’t as complicated as Eternium. I love the idea of customizable gear, it really breaks the mold of most games that have prefabricated equipment for players to find and look/play just like everyone else. However the insane detail put into crafting this game, in regards to the stats/diminishing returns/etc means the players literally have to have excell spreadsheets to try and figure out where to best get stats, what stats they need, and wether they have enough or too much of any given stat. Most gamers that are looking for a fun rpg on their iPhone aren’t looking for THAT level of complexity.

3. Make in battle procs that boost stats actually show up on your players stat sheet. If my cape says it has a 30% chance per attack to boost my ability rate by 99 for 5 secods stacking up to 5 times, then I would like to see that 495 ability rate show up on my stat sheet, or if my weapon has a chance to increase my haste by 250, and I see it proc, I want to be able to look at my stats and see the difference in my attack speed compared to when it’s not activated.

4. This game is meant to have a social aspect to it *eyes leaderboards, forums, discord servers* yet it has virtually zero in game social activity. In my personal experience once a person has played a game for months (especially repetitive farm/grind style games) a large reason they stick around is the social aspects of the game. Imagine pressing a ‘join group’ button and entering TL100 with 3-4 other similarly geared/leveled players and have to fight your way through a scaled for the group trial run, being able to communicate through a chat box, and just seeing how others play the game. This alone would be a HUGE selling point for new players joining the game.

thats all I have at the moment. Some of these suggestions are big, some aren’t. All are just feedback from an individual player so take it with a grain of salt. If you’ve read this far, thanks!
    -A
    CL1625+
    Anarchos Warrior T106
    Sohcrana Bounty Hunter T106
    Anarchos Mage T101

Originally posted by seth.underwood View Post
    4. This game is meant to have a social aspect to it *eyes leaderboards, forums, discord servers* yet it has virtually zero in game social activity. In my personal experience once a person has played a game for months (especially repetitive farm/grind style games) a large reason they stick around is the social aspects of the game. Imagine pressing a ‘join group’ button and entering TL100 with 3-4 other similarly geared/leveled players and have to fight your way through a scaled for the group trial run, being able to communicate through a chat box, and just seeing how others play the game. This alone would be a HUGE selling point for new players joining the game.
    +111111111111111111111

They need multiplayer to keep me (and many others) playing it. There's nothing (or not much) for me to do right now since I don't want to spend gems on BH/Warrior to unlocked a bunch of slots and stuff.
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

They already have multiplayer, they just don't want to release it yet till they properly balance it. There's a video of it they put out a while ago on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
        They already have multiplayer, they just don't want to release it yet till they properly balance it. There's a video of it they put out a while ago on YouTube.
        I think the problem is servers and also yeah.. bug fixes and how to deal with lag etc. (I assume)
        ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
        ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
        Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

I see Eternium as light PC game, not a mobile game. Not coincidentally, it's where the best gameplay is if you want to "win" Leaderboard positions

Comment

-A
            Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
            +111111111111111111111

They need multiplayer to keep me (and many others) playing it. There's nothing (or not much) for me to do right now since I don't want to spend gems on BH/Warrior to unlocked a bunch of slots and stuff.
            Yes please.. Released with a healing class and this game would be best of the best for mobile hands down.
            Patiently waiting....
            Last edited by Skyla; 06-14-2018, 03:56 AM.
            QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
            Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post

Yes please.. Released with a healing class and this game would be best of the best for mobile hands down.
              Patiently waiting....
              Full heals, like ELITES? ( N O W A Y ! ).
              Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy.Bae View Post

Full heals, like ELITES? ( N O W A Y ! ).
                More like a shaman or pally.. Off heals.
                Just for the group aspect. No heals=no group imo.
                QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
                Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Hello,

First off I’m a long time (12+ years) gamer. I’ve played a lot of good games, and a lot of bad games. I’m new (~3 weeks) to Eternium but I LOVE the game play. I have a few suggestions from a new player that might or might not work, but in my opinion would vastly improve the gaming experience for the players.

1. Remove night mode. (Maybe it’s just me?) On mobile devices playing through some of the darker maps is nigh worthless. In the caves with a blackout you can’t see any mob until you’re directly on top of them. Even if you let in a little light to make it seem more like dusk, and less like midnight, the experience would be 100 times better.

2.Simplify the complexities of the player stats. Most successful games that are playable on mobile devices aren’t as complicated as Eternium. I love the idea of customizable gear, it really breaks the mold of most games that have prefabricated equipment for players to find and look/play just like everyone else. However the insane detail put into crafting this game, in regards to the stats/diminishing returns/etc means the players literally have to have excell spreadsheets to try and figure out where to best get stats, what stats they need, and wether they have enough or too much of any given stat. Most gamers that are looking for a fun rpg on their iPhone aren’t looking for THAT level of complexity.

3. Make in battle procs that boost stats actually show up on your players stat sheet. If my cape says it has a 30% chance per attack to boost my ability rate by 99 for 5 secods stacking up to 5 times, then I would like to see that 495 ability rate show up on my stat sheet, or if my weapon has a chance to increase my haste by 250, and I see it proc, I want to be able to look at my stats and see the difference in my attack speed compared to when it’s not activated.

thats all I have at the moment. Some of these suggestions are big, some aren’t. All are just feedback from an individual player so take it with a grain of salt. If you’ve read this far, thanks!
                  -A
                  I concur with all of the above suggestions. Kudos.

Comment

First off, thanks for that. I have a kid older than the amount of time you have played video games....ugh i am old
                    1. Keep night mode. Add something that lights the way. Make it more useful/interesting

2.Eternium was too simple imo. Use this if having a problem: https://codepen.io/Rivx/full/VQjebY/
                    3. YES

4. like everything else....in progress....it will be out "soon"

thats all I have at the moment.

That's a half troll btw
                    Last edited by Cultusfit; 06-14-2018, 08:32 AM.
                    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post

More like a shaman or pally.. Off heals.
                      Just for the group aspect. No heals=no group imo.
                      It will just be another mage that can be OP or worse than a warrior.
                      Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Healers or supporters, in this game will be worse than warriors if they push trials individually, because other existing classes were about to focus on damage, and survivability is only secondary. If a healer type will be born then how about their position in the leaderboards? They will be only worthy if the "multiplayer" mode will be released. I suggest that some kind of system that is available in all classes that is the same with abilities that can be the support to buff, heal or increase the stats of the playing party in a map or trial. Like an ability that can also be levelled up, that is "party passive only" with procs that can LoH to all members, increase all members' stats (CD, CR, AR, etc.), immunity to effects, and others. My two cents.

Comment

Working...
                        X