A Linux version of Eternium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Linux version of Eternium?

I'm an avid Linux fan, and I was thinking since they made a Windows port on Microsoft Store, what would you guys think if they made a Debian package or a RPM package for us Linux gamers? It would certainly be huge news for such a big game to HAVE a Linux port. Just a thought.
    FATU DEKI PICI 7960

Shouldn't it be light enough to run on a Windows VM on any decent computer?

I mean, for mobile it's fairly demanding, but not for a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
      Shouldn't it be light enough to run on a Windows VM on any decent computer?
      Everything you said was correct. However, the port to Windows was to Microsoft Store, which is only available through Windows 10. Running Windows 10 normally requires a lot of CPU and GPU power, running it on VM would be a total disaster. That's why I was hoping for something that directly utilise the hardware on top of Linux, which is way more lightweight than running a VM running a game
      FATU DEKI PICI 7960

Comment

Originally posted by eterniumprince View Post
        Everything you said was correct. However, the port to Windows was to Microsoft Store, which is only available through Windows 10. Running Windows 10 normally requires a lot of CPU and GPU power, running it on VM would be a total disaster. That's why I was hoping for something that directly utilise the hardware on top of Linux, which is way more lightweight than running a VM running a game
        Ah, good point, indeed. I will agree to a "non-MS Store based" installer .exe

You *can* make do with an Android Emulator and something like AutoHotKey to script the Android gestures into key shortcuts. Not as smooth as the dedicated PC client of course. But on the plus side, you can get ad boxes which PC can't.

Comment

The port to the MS Store was done for the sake of promotion. MS gave us some good exposure at the time and offered us enough incentive to stop current development and do the port. Stopping development for a port now is out of the question, but it may be a possibility in the not-so-near future.

Comment

Working...
          X