Clear All

• Peacedawg
    replied
    What is ANB? Was there an ANB? Wut?!

Leave a comment:

• orion_134
    replied
    Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
    The proposal is to give us less XP than we earn in the event? No thanks.

At high levels, you don't gain many CL, so it's not a problem
    No, I'm saying get rid of double exp but halve the exp requirements in the event. That way, it still "feels" like you have the boost and can get to higher CL faster (in the event), but the average player won't get super-high CL and find the boring end-game too quickly.

I'm just going by my experience. I was around CL 1400 before ANB1 and really enjoying the climb...then I was 1850 after...then it was more boring. It's like I fast-forwarded like the movie Click (terrible movie).

Leave a comment:

• Cultusfit
    replied
    Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
    I think the manner in which ANB's are structured is neat, fast-paced, instantly rewarding, and fun. Kudos. However, they dump a ton of exp into the main exp pool. Another way to implement the same play style without a hero getting to end-game CL in a week is to reduce the hero level and champion level thresholds. For instance, just halving the raw exp value requirement for each level-up should maintain the "accelerated" feel of the 2x experience, but the raw experience gained is still that of out-of-event play. This would result in a new account hero leaving the account with "half" the CL earned in the event, but I think that might be easily explained in the event description.

Just a thought. Not as big-brain as an Arionthe thought...but a thought.
    ​​​​​​
    No you shut up
    otherwise i will never hit CL 2100

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    This would require a separate XP/Level table for the Event - might be too complicated...
    Um actually....you could just set it so that when the accounts are merged it divided it by 2.....
    or set the value needed divided by 2 during...rather than give 2x exp....

Leave a comment:

• GrauGeist
    replied
    The proposal is to give us less XP than we earn in the event? No thanks.

At high levels, you don't gain many CL, so it's not a problem

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    This would require a separate XP/Level table for the Event - might be too complicated... (Edit: based one my, potentially incorrect, assumption that the games uses XP table...)

Another possible way would be to only add half the XP gained during the event to the main account, if the Event Hero was deleted => so total of XP to get to L70 and Champion XP; otherwise only add half the Champion XP for the Event Hero to the account's Champion XP pool (so Event Hero stays at whatever level he/she was during the Event). A bit of computation involved in the XP transition at the end of the Event, but no need for new XP table.

Just a thought on the "implementation detail" of the idea, not saying yes/no to it specifically - I don't mind either way, some might prefer the boosted xp for the main account from the event...
    Last edited by Nhat; 07-04-2018, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orion_134
    started a topic A New Beginning experience accrual

A New Beginning experience accrual

I think the manner in which ANB's are structured is neat, fast-paced, instantly rewarding, and fun. Kudos. However, they dump a ton of exp into the main exp pool. Another way to implement the same play style without a hero getting to end-game CL in a week is to reduce the hero level and champion level thresholds. For instance, just halving the raw exp value requirement for each level-up should maintain the "accelerated" feel of the 2x experience, but the raw experience gained is still that of out-of-event play. This would result in a new account hero leaving the account with "half" the CL earned in the event, but I think that might be easily explained in the event description.

Just a thought. Not as big-brain as an Arionthe thought...but a thought.
    ​​​​​​
Working...
X