This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Beginning experience accrual

I think the manner in which ANB's are structured is neat, fast-paced, instantly rewarding, and fun. Kudos. However, they dump a ton of exp into the main exp pool. Another way to implement the same play style without a hero getting to end-game CL in a week is to reduce the hero level and champion level thresholds. For instance, just halving the raw exp value requirement for each level-up should maintain the "accelerated" feel of the 2x experience, but the raw experience gained is still that of out-of-event play. This would result in a new account hero leaving the account with "half" the CL earned in the event, but I think that might be easily explained in the event description.

Just a thought. Not as big-brain as an Arionthe thought...but a thought.
    ​​​​​​
    Dyoma Crown
    Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
    Warrior (DW): 148
    BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

This would require a separate XP/Level table for the Event - might be too complicated... (Edit: based one my, potentially incorrect, assumption that the games uses XP table...)

Another possible way would be to only add half the XP gained during the event to the main account, if the Event Hero was deleted => so total of XP to get to L70 and Champion XP; otherwise only add half the Champion XP for the Event Hero to the account's Champion XP pool (so Event Hero stays at whatever level he/she was during the Event). A bit of computation involved in the XP transition at the end of the Event, but no need for new XP table.

Just a thought on the "implementation detail" of the idea, not saying yes/no to it specifically - I don't mind either way, some might prefer the boosted xp for the main account from the event...
    Last edited by Nhat; 07-04-2018, 02:59 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

The proposal is to give us less XP than we earn in the event? No thanks.

At high levels, you don't gain many CL, so it's not a problem

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
        I think the manner in which ANB's are structured is neat, fast-paced, instantly rewarding, and fun. Kudos. However, they dump a ton of exp into the main exp pool. Another way to implement the same play style without a hero getting to end-game CL in a week is to reduce the hero level and champion level thresholds. For instance, just halving the raw exp value requirement for each level-up should maintain the "accelerated" feel of the 2x experience, but the raw experience gained is still that of out-of-event play. This would result in a new account hero leaving the account with "half" the CL earned in the event, but I think that might be easily explained in the event description.

Just a thought. Not as big-brain as an Arionthe thought...but a thought.
        ​​​​​​
        No you shut up
        otherwise i will never hit CL 2100

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
        This would require a separate XP/Level table for the Event - might be too complicated...
        Um actually....you could just set it so that when the accounts are merged it divided it by 2.....
        or set the value needed divided by 2 during...rather than give 2x exp....
        Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
        Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
        see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
        and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
        It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
          The proposal is to give us less XP than we earn in the event? No thanks.

At high levels, you don't gain many CL, so it's not a problem
          No, I'm saying get rid of double exp but halve the exp requirements in the event. That way, it still "feels" like you have the boost and can get to higher CL faster (in the event), but the average player won't get super-high CL and find the boring end-game too quickly.

I'm just going by my experience. I was around CL 1400 before ANB1 and really enjoying the climb...then I was 1850 after...then it was more boring. It's like I fast-forwarded like the movie Click (terrible movie).
          Dyoma Crown

Comment

What is ANB? Was there an ANB? Wut?!

Comment

No, I'm saying get rid of double exp but halve the exp requirements in the event. That way, it still "feels" like you have the boost and can get to higher CL faster (in the event), but the average player won't get super-high CL and find the boring end-game too quickly.

I'm just going by my experience. I was around CL 1400 before ANB1 and really enjoying the climb...then I was 1850 after...then it was more boring. It's like I fast-forwarded like the movie Click (terrible movie).
              Then you're saying to make ANB basically the same as regular play then, which defeats the point of ANB being a major event.

And for the record, the average player won't get anywhere near that many CL from an ANB event. Most of them don't even finish Trial 80, so they're probably only hitting CL500-ish in the event. The average player is probably gaining 100-ish CL from ANB, which makes almost no difference.

Tell you what: in ANB, award ZERO XP for Trial > 80. How about that? OK? No impact on the small players whatsoever, and the players who would have gotten a 400+ CL bump won't get that any more. Do that, OK?

Comment

I have to agree with you here. There is a reason people invented the nickname "Eventium" and that's because the double XP plus the fat injection of boosters, plus the competition making you play Eternium that week a lot more than you usually play, results in massive boredom after the event is over. You can't just go back to farming TL100s for half the XP you were getting the day before.
                And also, a big effort during that week can pay off tons of goodies including a number of Celestials; then the event is over and you get to use your brand new Custom Legendary items and Celestial items to push for that non-event leaderboard, which just gives you similar bragging rights as the event leaderboards, minus all the goodies.

Those sharp drops in XP gains & competition rewards are the reason my playtime has been drastically reduced from 15-20 TLs per day to 5 TLs per week and 5 minutes at The Gauntlet every day.
                I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I side with Orion's point, although I'd simplify the matter by just capping CL (and XP accrual) during the ANBs to e.g. CL1500 (or perhaps even 1200).

That would make it more of a battle of skill (as opposed to a battle of grinding time) at the top, while limiting the experience you can garner from ANBs and thus "motivate" you to keep grinding normally as well.

Comment

Again, if this is a problem for the top players, then don't penalize the lower levels. The guy who barely reached Trial 60 doesn't need their rewards nerfed.

If anything, reduce XP gained inversely to the number of Celestials gained after the first. #1 player gets ZERO XP added (but multiple Celestials).

Comment

You don't understand. For instance, if it takes 1000 exp for CL 100, I propose it takes 500 exp. Everyone still earns the same, and you get out what you put in - it just translates better outside of the event.
                      Dyoma Crown

Comment

Again, if this is a problem for the top players, then don't penalize the lower levels. The guy who barely reached Trial 60 doesn't need their rewards nerfed.

If anything, reduce XP gained inversely to the number of Celestials gained after the first. #1 player gets ZERO XP added (but multiple Celestials).
                        Your rewards are not nerfed. This will change all of zero many things in the event.

I like that idea, Jose Sarmento .
                        Dyoma Crown

Comment

If the XP gains are the still same for everyone (just lower overall), how would the "lower levels" be penalized? And I am suspecting that the guy who barely reached TL60 won't give a hoot if there was a cap at 1500 CL.
                          If anything, I would expect the gap between players to close a bit, if there wasn't an incentive to grind for 10 hours a day to get the 2k+ CLs
                          I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I understand very clearly that you are trying to nerf what people get from ANB events. I am saying that such nerfs should only apply to the top players, and that the rest should be unchanged.

Comment

Yes. I am suggesting the events be used to showcase skills and not be a shortcut to end-game. I realize this may sound like I'm putting a roadblock for people to reach the CL a select few have reached, but I also think you'd have this same lame argument if I were CL 20. Realistically, those already 2k+ are only a few months from losing interest in this game because they found the soul-crushing end to a never-ending game.

My suggestion would prevent people, like me and many others, from skipping the infinite-play aspect of this game in a very finite period of time.
                              Dyoma Crown

Comment

Working...
                              X