Diamonds are not useful enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamonds are not useful enough.

It would be nice if Diamonds offered a more useful stat than Armor. Perhaps that stat could be Critical Damage or Bonus Experience. I probably wouldn't use them if they gave Life on Hit, but I'm sure new players might enjoy that quite a bit. If the Armor stat must remain, the Armor amount is way too low with it's current implementation.

Does anyone ever use Diamonds? I looked through the forums for about an hour, and I only found two comments about Diamonds. Those comments were regarding a way to exchange them for something more useful.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

The only real use for Diamonds at the moment is for Shield Warriors, to boost damage for Deadly Throw - but you're probably better off using other gemstones anyway, haven't done much comparison tests for it...

Edit:
    You should get enough of it from the gear, and if you're dying quickly, socketing Emeralds to increase Life is better than using Diamond for +Armor.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      The only real use for Diamonds at the moment is for Shield Warriors, to boost damage for Deadly Throw - but you're probably better off using other gemstones anyway, haven't done much comparison tests for it...

Edit:
      You should get enough of it from the gear, and if you're dying quickly, socketing Emeralds to increase Life is better than using Diamond for +Armor.
      Yes, I agree; no matter what you're trying to do, you're better off using something other than Diamonds. They simply aren't useful enough.
      BH: Shade
      Mage: Muse
      Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

I tried to focus on armor by using diamonds, the best I could do is reducing 87-88% damage with a shield, and I think the limit is around 90-92% (gears with plus armor, 3 jewelry with total 3000+ armor, shield).

Comment

Originally posted by AimEoN View Post
          I tried to focus on armor by using diamonds, the best I could do is reducing 87-88% damage with a shield, and I think the limit is around 90-92% (gears with plus armor, 3 jewelry with total 3000+ armor, shield).
          I did something like that. A warrior who never dies, but neither does he kill anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth.LE View Post

I did something like that. A warrior who never dies, but neither does he kill anyone.
            Yeah, I couldn't even finish TL100 in 10 mins, DPS is just two low. Just built the DEF gear for fun lol

Comment

Trials could be varied, as some others have suggest, for different qualitative experiences and objects. More than just beat the clock.

Comment

Or make Gauntlet rewards better, if defensive builds are more useful in there.

Comment

Originally posted by purple View Post
                  Or make Gauntlet rewards better, if defensive builds are more useful in there.
                  Devs won't since they don't like afk play.

Comment

Diamonds could have improved functionality by adding Reflection Rating, Regeneration, and LOH, and also increasing the Armor Rating.

Comment

Working...
                    X