Duelist proc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duelist proc

When it procs a small icon appears in the top right side beneath the map.
    it's so damn small that half the times i miss it and the character starts moving.
    it would be useful if it had another position and definitely a lot bigger icon.

People have found that you lose DPS by using blade fury anyway!

So basically don't use it as you clear trials slower.
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
      People have found that you lose DPS by using blade fury anyway!

So basically don't use it as you clear trials slower.
      That's crazy if true. Why even include it at all? It's almost as if there were a conspiracy to undermine warrior from the beginning.
      Mobile only player
      Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

If this is so then this is easily fixed by allowing normal attacks simultaneously with the blade flurry. Or increase attack rate by compressing the blade flurry and attacks rate into the second.

Comment

Blade Flurry procs results in a DPS loss for higher level Warriors, can be a feasible build for lower levels though, due to the speed and damage of the attacks: roughtly 500% weapon damage per hit, 6 hits within 2 seconds => 3,000% weapon damage within 2 seconds. So if you're doing more than that with your other attacks, then it's worse, if not, then it's better.

For more detailed tests data and comparison, see: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...arrior-duelist
          Last edited by Nhat; 08-25-2018, 11:20 AM.
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Oldmobilenewbie View Post
            That's crazy if true. Why even include it at all? It's almost as if there were a conspiracy to undermine warrior from the beginning.
            It used to do more damage but then they buffed the normal attacks and didn't get around to buffing it also.

Comment

Not a big fan of Blade furry either I just never seen an advantage over battle rage and devastate

Comment

Why would the icon being bigger be useful? I assumed it was just alerting you that blade fury was in effect. Do you have to tap it to use it?

UPDATE : Just read Nhat's link and see you DO have to hit that icon. Why would they implement it that way? Is there a similar mechanic to this on mage or bh? The shield slam just happens and is a similar ability related proc.

FURTHER UPDATE: It appears that blade furry is a 1s attack in the act4 beta, as opposed to the 2s mentioned in Nhat's linked post.
                Last edited by lama75; 08-26-2018, 04:30 PM.
                CL 2K+
                Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
                  Why would the icon being bigger be useful? I assumed it was just alerting you that blade fury was in effect. Do you have to tap it to use it?

UPDATE : Just read Nhat's link and see you DO have to hit that icon. Why would they implement it that way? Is there a similar mechanic to this on mage or bh? The shield slam just happens and is a similar ability related proc.

FURTHER UPDATE: It appears that blade furry is a 1s attack in the act4 beta, as opposed to the 2s mentioned in Nhat's linked post.
                  I’m glad they cut thee total time for it in half, but imo that is still not enough. Blade flurry is the only proc in game for any of the three classes that requires you press a secondary button to activate it once it procs. If BHs and mages don’t have to click any of their procs, warriors shouldn’t either. It slows your game play and will never be a viable option if you have to click it.

not to mention your normal attacks get paused while blade flurry is in progress, which was never a good idea either. When mages proc immolate or BHs proc snipe they don’t lose dps, they gain it. Warriors should gain dps when blade flurry procs.
                  CL1625+
                  Anarchos Warrior T106
                  Sohcrana Bounty Hunter T106
                  Anarchos Mage T101

Comment

The shield slam just happens and is a similar ability related proc.
                    Shield Slam also needed to be triggered manually before v1.2.65 (Nov 2017, I think). The issue with Blade Flurry is that you lose control of your Warrior during the attack, which is really bad when facing the bosses' special attacks.
                    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Yes, stopping normal attacks shouldn't happen as it devalues the special blade flurry attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                        Blade Flurry procs results in a DPS loss for higher level Warriors, can be a feasible build for lower levels though, due to the speed and damage of the attacks: roughtly 500% weapon damage per hit, 6 hits within 2 seconds => 3,000% weapon damage within 2 seconds. So if you're doing more than that with your other attacks, then it's worse, if not, then it's better.

For more detailed tests data and comparison, see: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...arrior-duelist
                        Wow, I was lookin for info on BF, I really like that skill (at CL360 and low trial levels its works very well) thanks for the info
                        Mobile only player

Comment

It was never 2seconds. Nhat himself says "1-2", leaving it deliberately open to further accurate measurement.

It has been mentioned at some point to be on the slate for deprecation / replacement with something more useful. Perhaps that's why its damage didn't get buffed when Frenzy and Cleave did.

Although a technical DPS loss, it can still save your bacon in sub-extreme Trials. Time is slowed by something like 90% during BF, so you take far less damage, while at the same time the Flurry attacks heal you thru LoH, and your cooldown timers (just as the Trial timer itself) continue in "normal time".

Comment

Working...
                          X