I have a hard time playing this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a hard time playing this game

I have a few complaints I guess you can call these.

Why is there only 2 Living weapon? It annoys me to the point of turning off the game that I have to keep switching the dagger between the mage and warrior. I forget to equip and then log off it frustrates me so. I forget to switch it EVERY TIME!

Crafting is way too expensive and takes way too long (24+ hours are you kidding me?)

Bag space and bank space is way too small, Yes they are adding more bank space. but at what costs? gems? way too much gold? It already costs way too much gold! Also what about bag space? that is way too small as well.

Why is it that 90% of the gear can only be worn by a specific character?

Sick of all the pay to win crap!

There's more than just the sword, you just have to find it...(special events).

crafting will become obsolete to you after a certain point seeing as there's way better dropped weapons and gear. (Until major update)

Yes some unlockable slots and skills are ridiculous on prices but farming materials is part of these games. And stash space is unlocked with gold which is way easier to farm so that's a plus.

I feel your pain.. But I believe in the developers and their passion to keep this game up to date and more enjoyable for all so I think maybe give it/ them time and all will be balanced nicely.
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Pay to win means that in order to win you need to pay.

Comment

In my opinion, the stuff the OP talks about aren't that much of an issue, you get used to them in time. It pays to unlock the extra hero slots and do the daily gem rewards challenges. All those unlockables are one-time purchases. (Confession: I've used the ANB event to create three heroes so far and kept them all mostly because of the cheaper unlock cost ).
        Read a few guides to farming and I'm sure they'll make the game a bit more palatable for you

Comment

Gold is only a problem for a little while. Eventually you'll have more than you can use. Storage space is small, but they're working on that. And crafting is getting an overhaul too. In current state, crafting is mostly useless after a certain point anyway.

And having class specific gear isn't unique to this game. I can't think of any games that let you equip warrior gear on a mage, for example.
          ANB#3 Mage rank #91 TL95
          Exclusively mobile player

Comment

Paying only accelerate your progress. you just to be patient, do dailies, watch ads (mobile), and enjoy the game.
            95% of the item drops are not needed and sell it for gold , its a problem if you're a hoarder.
            you only really need 18 slots inventory (12 for gems, 6 for drops).

Comment

Originally posted by Khedrak View Post
              Why is there only 2 Living weapon? It annoys me to the point of turning off the game that I have to keep switching the dagger between the mage and warrior. I forget to equip and then log off it frustrates me so. I forget to switch it EVERY TIME!
              That's pretty fair, and you're basically saying "TAKE MY MONEY!" which you'd think would be a great incentive for them to add another item. It would have to be a staff or some other mage-only item just to keep warriors from dual-wielding 2 living items, but it seems like adding another one wouldn't hurt anything.

Crafting is way too expensive and takes way too long (24+ hours are you kidding me?)
              IKR? Fortunately crafting is useless and other than a fun experiment here or there, you'll never do it again. On your main character you'll probably level faster than you can craft things (unless you play really casually), and on alts you'll have so many champion points that you really don't care what drops. It's really just a way to tempt you to waste gems, which feels cheap. (They're revamping crafting "soon" - but hopefully they won't make it more useful AND such a gem sink.)

Bag space and bank space is way too small, Yes they are adding more bank space. but at what costs? gems? way too much gold? It already costs way too much gold! Also what about bag space? that is way too small as well.
              Yeah, bag space is too expensive. It kills me to see the prices in the events, since they are SO much better but I didn't even start playing until after the latest one. Basically you are going to never have good bag space until more events happen. But on the positive side, since you never need 99% of the gear that drops and you can use the stash for gems, the only time it really sucks to have very little space is when you're crafting jewelry. It's the game teaching you to just sell it all, since you won't need it.

Because the game is teaching you to sell it all because you don't need it. Seriously: I spent so much time on my first 0-70 character trying to keep up with gear that other characters could use... just to throw it all away. It's worthless.

I don't think you mean "pay to win," I feel like you're saying why are all these gem sinks so steep just to give you the basic gameplay that you're pushed toward making purchases. Which is a pretty fair complaint - it does feel cheap. It would be awesome if this game could move to a "cosmetics only" gem function, like many of the more modern FtP games, instead of gem-walling basic game features like FtP games from 5 years ago (which is apparently when this game was made).

Comment

OP, devs rely on our comments and feedback, so your words are important - thank you.

That being said, Devs also need a source of income to continue improving and adding to Eternium, though, you really do not need to spend any money to progress in this game. The game is ultimately free to install and play, you don't even need to watch ads if you don't want to. Yes, progress is slowed down, what is the alternative? Major companies like Blizzard charge an upfront cost to purchase their games, and a monthly fee to continue to play it.

I support by watching ads (a lot of them). I have been able to progress my level 70 BH to the top 1% of the charts by doing this, and by putting in the time and effort as well. I learned how to play by trial and error and from watching others that are more advanced than I am.

It is unfair and unrealistic to expect devs to work hard and continue to add game content for nothing.

My suggestions to you are:
                1- Spend some time on the forums and read what others have posted to get tips on how to progress through the game faster
                2- We've heard your complaints, now what do you recommend. Be part of the solution to help make this already great game even better

Good luck.

VW.
                Last edited by Vwdriver; 07-31-2018, 02:29 PM.
                Zecena - Level 70 Bounty Hunter - Stalker Set
                Champion Level: 1005
                Damage: 986,792
                Toughness: 332,216
                Recovery: 59,285
                Trial Level Completed: 114 - 9:54

Last Updated: June 19, 2019

Comment

So, they apparently do have a third living weapon: a mace, which you can buy right now for 5 bucks. You can also buy a second copy of the sword right now for 5 bucks as well. It's very steep compared to the intro price of 1 buck, but it's a way to get more than one.

Comment

Living items seem to limited to a maximum of level 70. Maybe attach the maximum item level to three-quarter the highest trial level of the wielding hero.
                    Perhaps allow champion points to be extended, again using the highest trial level of the hero, from 100 to highest trial level and from 50 to half that. But not less that the current maximums.
                    Just a thought.
                    Last edited by PeterK; 08-09-2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by purple View Post
                      It's very steep compared to the intro price of 1 buck, but it's a way to get more than one.
                      You get the gems, gold, and boosters with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK View Post
                        Living items seem to limited to a maximum of level 70. Maybe attach the maximum item level to half the highest trial level of the wielding hero.
                        Perhaps allow champion points to be extended, again using the highest trial level of the hero, from 100 to highest trial level and from 50 to half that. But not less that the current maximums.
                        Just a thought.
                        All items have a maximum level of 70, extending Living Items would fall into the P2W category, since you can only buy them...
                        They're already giving higher attribute bonuses than possible with the standard items, so I suppose the Epic restriction is there to reduce the damage range and evening things out.

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                        You get the gems, gold, and boosters with it.
                        Comparison:
                        • $1 USD: Original starting offer gives you 300 Gems and 2,000 Gold;
                        • $5 USD: Current event offer gives +200% Boosters (275 Gems) + 100 Gems + 10,000 Gold
                        So the event offer is slightly better, but not equivalent to the price difference, but that's what you expect from a "limited time, one off deal" - mini-events will come again, eventually...
                        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                          Comparison:
                          • $1 USD: Original starting offer gives you 300 Gems and 2,000 Gold;
                          • $5 USD: Current event offer gives +200% Boosters (275 Gems) + 100 Gems + 10,000 Gold
                          So the event offer is slightly better, but not equivalent to the price difference, but that's what you expect from a "limited time, one off deal" - mini-events will come again, eventually...
                          Thanks for this. In my mind the $1 deal was far superior since item + 300 gems is clearly way better than item + 100 gems for 5x the price. Gold is valueless and the boosters are also effectively without value to me - certainly not how I would suggest anyone spend 275 gems. But the whole point is that the $1 deal is a 1-time offer and only for new people (to get them spending), so it makes sense it would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by purple View Post
                            ... the boosters are also effectively without value to me - certainly not how I would suggest anyone spend 275 gems...
                            You'll get to a point where there's nothing to really spend Gems on anymore, other than Reforging gear => lucky dip or boosters to get those CLs quicker. I have all 5 chars fully unlocked and pretty much just buy boosters when I'm a bit bored and wants to see some more gemstones and quicker levels. Of course, there's always the "save up for next ANB so I can go full +200% boosters again"
                            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

There are other living weapons there are some for sale now

Comment

Working...
                              X