Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark maps

Hi All,

Can someone please enlighten me why we have those maps where even when you turn brightness to maximum on PC or mobile device, you still struggle to see a thing? Not to mention there are some people with not that clear eye sight? Is that literally the challenge? Cause it's not fun. Just need some clarification cause if people plain out abandon those maps all the time? What's their use? (except for story).
    Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Exactly, even they have decreased the darkness before, it either should be:
    1. removed completely,
    2. setting option to enable/disable this lighting
    3. simple day and night cycle with adequate darkness during the night, also adjustable in the settings.

Comment

I just abandon and restart if I don't like the setting. No disputing taste and it's not bad to run in the dark once in awhile in a TL you can complete easily imo. Not one you're still trying (and failing!) to beat though! My favorite setting for difficult Trials is the mountain snow because I feel like I can see the enemies most clearly against that backdrop.
      Mobile only player
      Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

I agree. If I'm trying to actually get past a TL, then I just abandon and restart.

Originally posted by Oldmobilenewbie View Post
        My favorite setting for difficult Trials is the mountain snow because I feel like I can see the enemies most clearly against that backdrop.
        My only issue with the mountain is the overflow attack from the Broken Dragon. Sometimes the "reflection" from the snow makes is difficult to see exactly where the fireballs are.

Zecena - Level 70 Bounty Hunter - Stalker Set
        Champion Level: 1005
        Damage: 986,792
        Toughness: 332,216
        Recovery: 59,285
        Trial Level Completed: 114 - 9:54

Last Updated: June 19, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Oldmobilenewbie View Post
          I just abandon and restart if I don't like the setting. No disputing taste and it's not bad to run in the dark once in awhile in a TL you can complete easily imo. Not one you're still trying (and failing!) to beat though! My favorite setting for difficult Trials is the mountain snow because I feel like I can see the enemies most clearly against that backdrop.
          Exactly the case. If you can't really see it or struggle to see mobs, then it's not enjoyable anymore. What more if you died because you didn't see something.

Originally posted by Vwdriver View Post

My only issue with the mountain is the overflow attack from the Broken Dragon. Sometimes the "reflection" from the snow makes is difficult to see exactly where the fireballs are.

I just didn't see why they'd come up with it. It's good in story mode for a sort of change of feel but must've not been optimized for spam in higher trials.
          TBD usually casts invisible overflow fireballs. It's not the fault of the map. The original overflow fireballs are visible. Similiar to invisible aoe warning from Magroth.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy.Bae View Post
            Hi All,

Can someone please enlighten me why we have those maps where even when you turn brightness to maximum on PC or mobile device, you still struggle to see a thing? Not to mention there are some people with not that clear eye sight? Is that literally the challenge? Cause it's not fun. Just need some clarification cause if people plain out abandon those maps all the time? What's their use? (except for story).
            I could be mistaken, but don’t think I am..... a while back I went on a rant about this very issue in discord and you told me something along the lines of get over it? Lol

if I’m mistaken and it was someone other than you then you have my apologies!
            CL1625+
            Anarchos Warrior T106
            Sohcrana Bounty Hunter T106
            Anarchos Mage T101

Comment

Originally posted by seth.underwood View Post

I could be mistaken, but don’t think I am..... a while back I went on a rant about this very issue in discord and you told me something along the lines of get over it? Lol

if I’m mistaken and it was someone other than you then you have my apologies!
              That's the resolution. But the main point of this thread isn't really to complain (but it does so unintentionally), but to have a clear explanation why this is a thing? Haven't seen anything like this in other RPG's (popular ones). Even Diablo II where this was based doesn't have it. Some have dark places but there are always lightings causing enough visibility to everything. Or better yet.. introduce a range of sight that can be increased.. it would make sense but in trials.. not so (especially for Mages).

Edit: Resolution we currently have (deal with it, yeah) cause until someone from the Devs team respond or Travis, then we won't get any progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy.Bae View Post
                ...until someone from the Devs team respond or Travis, then we won't get any progress.
                It has been brought up before and the answer now is the same it was then: Thanks for the feedback.

It's another one of those things that might get changed eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                  It has been brought up before and the answer now is the same it was then: Thanks for the feedback.

It's another one of those things that might get changed eventually.
                  Didn't see that raised before. I may have missed it. Thanks for responding Travis even if this was already addressed before.

Eliminating mechanics/stuff/map RNG or anything that 100% of players or 99.99% don't bother to use or play with is definitely a white flag, shouting to be removed or fixed.

Comment

Working...
                  X