Increasing Max Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing Max Quantity

Not sure how many will find this useful.

For Potions, Apples, and Gemstones, I would like to suggest that the maximum quantity per pile be increased.

Potions and Apples are currently set to 10 per pile - suggest to increase to 99
    Gemstones are currently set to 99 (or 100) - suggest to increase to 999

Both of these suggestions make it more convenient for farming purposes, whether it is TL's for gear, or maps for Gemstones.

Thank you.
    Zecena - Level 70 Bounty Hunter - Stalker Set
    Champion Level: 1005
    Damage: 986,792
    Toughness: 332,216
    Recovery: 59,285
    Trial Level Completed: 114 - 9:54

Last Updated: June 19, 2019

I might need to think about whether to give this a +1.
    NOT !!
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I have to agree with Coda...definitely a big -1
      WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Originally posted by Xusia View Post
        I have to agree with Coda...definitely a big -1
        I was saying "not" to needing to think about it. I have made this same suggestion multiple times.

So, +1
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Consumable items - yes.
          Gemstones? Ofc not. It has been increased once to 99, much more than enough.
          I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
          Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
            Consumable items - yes.
            Just so. Although if it's stored as a 1-byte variable, I might suggest to allow the full range up to 255 (assuming it isn't stupidly coded as signed).

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
              I have 4 precious stash slots occupied by Brilliant Diamonds. ETC. It's a ridiculous waste of space. They should stack to 999 as suggested. Or add more pages to the Stash.

Stash slots should be for unique items. Duplicates should stack.

I also have multiple slots occupied by duplicates of:
              • custom jewelry boxes
              • custom legendary boxes
              • custom celestial boxes
              This same philospohy - - exact duplicates should stack to a very healthy number - - should apply to all items which would also include
              • small, medium, or large treasure boxes
              IIRC gemstone packs already stack.

Devs could change one number in the code (per item) and fix this. Or, write the code to add stash pages or expand the rows & columns like in the Hero inventory in v1.3.9

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Just so. Although if it's stored as a 1-byte variable, I might suggest to allow the full range up to 255 (assuming it isn't stupidly coded as signed).
                  Well, we know that Damage is signed in the game (edit: or at least it's signed when it is displayed), so I have a feeling everything else is as well. Any sort of stacking, based on previous games modding, are controlled by an upper limit - and most code now simply uses "int" (I rarely see code which actually use the other types.)

I agree with the "duplicate should stack" - and do recall seeing Red mentioned that Apples and Potions were changing to 100. The game should be storing it as {item stack}+{count} - not {item}+{item}+... - so increasing the stack shouldn't require any additional data, up to the limit of the "count" variable, (but that's just my opinion...)

Edit:
                  Also, if you're playing long enough - no upper limit will ever be "enough", if you're a hoarder (myself included)

Changing an existing "non-stackable" item to a "stackable" item would need "a bit" of work (hopefully simply switching the item's "base" type), but for the QoL improvement (which have been requested multiple times by players), it would definitely be worth the effort - unless there's a specific reason why the team doesn't want the items to stack, in which case... oh well...
                  Last edited by Nhat; 09-06-2018, 11:23 PM.
                  Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

The coding issues aside, the reason Devs would not want items to stack, is to create an illusion, such that the "limited" space can be monetized. But this game already charges a huge amount of IAP to unlock the spaces offered. And we can't buy any more. It's a problem.

Either offer more (requires more coding; space already too expensive) or allow items to stack more (easy; a more balanced/fair approach).

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Working...
                    X