Combine CR and CD into one stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combine CR and CD into one stat

Every guide I have read so far, from beginner's to end game's, all point to this suggestion, nah, decree --> max CR and max CD. Simply because the math demands so. Since there is no viable, competitive build that strays from this max CR/CD combo, I fail to see the logic behind having TWO stats revolved around doing critical damage.

Previously I suggested to just drop CD entirely and have it as a flat 2-4x damage multiplier. I listed reasons, mostly because 12xx%-14xx% CD makes normal attacks inconsequential etc. But seems like I couldn't muster the support from the community.

So I have this modified suggestion, combine CR and CD into a single stat - CR.

How will it work:
    The chance to cause critical damage is still determined by the CR using the current diminishing return formula.
    Currently the max CR one can have is:
    9*90 + 3*301 + 500 (CP) = 2213. (before skill/item buff such as carnival cape)

The max CD one can have is:
    9*60 + 3*120 + 200 (CP) + 100 (base) = 1200%

You can derive a critical damage multiplier by simply refactor the CR value. Or in this case, CR / CRtoCDFactor (2 for now) + 100 base gets you pretty darn close to 1200% again.

So the question is why do this?

One: Drastically reduce the frustration on jewelry making. If you have ever tried to hunt for that mythical internally perfect 60% CD ring/necklace, you know what I am talking about. Granted the custom jewelry box has already helped immensely in this regard, but less tedium is still a plus.

Two: Opens up an entire stat slot on every piece of gear. CD is a required stat on every single piece of gear if one wants to have any hope of competing for the LB. Eliminating this gives room for other possibilities. For the upcoming balancing patch, Reflect Damage seems to hold a lot of promise, but where can you fit this new stat and not to mention future Ability Power, Multi Strike etc. Not every class can get away with not needing LoH (read Mage and to a lesser extend BH). Tightness with the stat budget can be much improved by removing CD as a stat.

Three: Ability for the developers to adjust the relative strength of critical damage as needed in the future without impact to existing gear. Let's say one day Devs decided that CD is getting too out of hand, all is needed is adjust the CRtoCDFactor from 2 to 3? 4? etc. Flexibility for future balancing of stats. My position on CD has been pretty clear so I won't repeat it here.

The timing is right for this change as we come closer to the fabled "Balance Patch". I know many have been stocking up on gemstones, custom jewel boxes etc in preparation for the post patch meta -> new jewelry, new gear etc.

But that's for the "rich" and "old timers". What about the newer players who have just scrounged up the parts to make their first/second "perfect" jewelry?

I suggest Devs use a script to replace all existing CD stats on jewelry and gear to Damage Reflect, and also make the gear reforge-able again. I think DR will be quite a stat, helpful in both defensive and offensive ways. Making new perfect jewelry where all the stats are 90 or 360 (LoH) based is far easier than making new CD jewelry, so even if the player doesn't like DR, in the post CD world of jewelry crafting, it doesn't take that long to get a new set. The DR on gear will give the player a taste what DR can do. Making the gear reforge-able again allows them to change DR to something else they like should they choose. Not painless, but well within tolerance.

In short, this suggestion:
    Reduces frustration/tedium
    Maintain competitiveness (player's power is actually increased, thus not a nerf but a buff, everyone wants a buff)
    Increased flexibility for future balancing and build variety

Let's have our opinion heard on this matter.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Ive always thought the same We push for all the CD we can get only to be nerfed by CR.. yea!

Comment

Interesting theory. I would have to agree with you. I like the idea of easier stats for jewelcrafting
      Friend Code: YESU BAKO SODU 5281
      Hero name: Cannibal
      Warrior lvl 70
      CL 510

My house got jacked
      my friends are on crack
      I cant get a job cuz my arms show trax

Comment

One more thing to add. It is quite easy to change the existing bonus to CD from class (BH), skills (Charge, SS etc), and set bonuses. BH's 200% CD class bonus can be transformed to 300 CR bonus and likewise for the other bonuses.

So in short, it's very doable, has a number of upsides and very little of downside.

Lastly, it has been six month since the balancing teaser dropped by Red (Developer) on discord. Seemingly the balance patch is no more than 2 month away (assuming ACT4 is 1 month away from being out of beta). Would someone be kind enough to drop a few more nuggets on that front? Re-reading the conversation log for the umpteenth time is getting a little stale. And I count myself being one of the more patient ones.

Thanks
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
          Would someone be kind enough to drop a few more nuggets on that front? Re-reading the conversation log for the umpteenth time is getting a little stale.
          FWIW, I regularly urge the guys to come to the forum and say something (anything).

Comment

Working...
          X